“food was good but a bit pricey”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were greeted at the door as soon as we walked in & since it was a Friday afternoon we had our choice of tables. Waitress was friendly & gave us enough time to check out the menu. Companion had Maui Mahi which was grilled (he loves grilled seafood) & it came with a coconut sauce with mango plus new red potatoes & vegetable. I had the East Coast Platter which had fish & chips, crab stuffed shrimp, a crab cake & onion strings. All of the food was of good quality and aside from the crab cake being a little bit too spicey for my taste everything was good. Onion strings 2 thumbs up!! The bill came out to a little over $50.00 which was a bit much for lunch but again the food was of good quality. If we were in the neighborhood we would stop again but we would not go out of our way to eat there.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I liked warm and delicious plates even served at 10 p.m.
But Clam Chowder must be a little bit thicker

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dinner was fresh, tasty and this is a fun place. We both liked our dishes, my platter was deep fried. Very tasty but be prepared this is a lot of fried food. I loved what I could finish. My husband had the best crab legs he has had in a while. Bathe service is great, lots of choice in beer.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love steamed seafood. i can choose several crabs and lobster, snow crab, queen crab, king crab, with excellent my favorite garlic flavour. Delicious.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm old and jaded but I was almost tempted to buy a t-shirt from Joe's Crab Shack in Amherst, NY, that says "Peace, Love, Crabs." Is this what the 60s has become: a bumper sticker? Oh well.
So how was the food? Good. Very good, actually, for a chain restaurant. As usual, all the staff have put through training sessions that make them professionally perky and friendly and this can be pretty tiresome for the old and jaded. But they made up for it with fresh food, well cooked.
One Aruba Salad (only 4 shrimp but lots of greenery), a crab cake salad, one beer and one glass of wine was $40. Seemed like good value at the time. Probably a bit overpriced but it's nothing that will kill you.
As we were getting ready to leave the manager strolled over and we had an interesting chat about the economy of the area and the vagaries of the restaurant business. I know he was just being "professionally friendly," but it was a nice touch.

1  Thank SteveDianeBarbara