Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Inn(Tonawanda)
View Hotel
All reviewsan extended stay hotelfull kitchensized refrigeratorfront deskfree laundryparking lothonor systemour home away from homesister hotelnorth campusspacious roomstayed here for two nightsqueen sizeperfect stayfood itemscomplimentary coffeelate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My son and I stayed here for 4 nights while he attended a conference in Buffalo. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating-very professional, yet accessible demeanor for each.
The area was safe and busy, once I found Maple Street a few blocks away, I found anything I needed for shopping. Free washer and dryer were welcome. There were 3 or 4 each in a well-lighted, well-maintained area off of the exercise room. This place had a real "home" feel about it and made our visit in the Buffalo area nice. Nice room with kitchen area. Just realize that this is an extended stay site and does not have daily maid service. Fresh towels are available on request at any time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I was in Buffalo for the first time ever and arrived without reservations. The hotel was full but made every effort to find me somewhere else to go, which was not easy and took a lot of its time.

The next evening, I was able to check in and had a very pleasant stay. I really appreciated its flawless wifi, cleanliness, outstanding staff and exceptional manager.

Expect this hotel to be fully booked on weekends and plan accordingly. It's very popular when visiting UB North.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank saleonsue
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed for two nights and had a great stay. The kitchen came fully stocked and the beds were comfortable. I found the staff very friendly, everyone smiled and said hello. They have a neat honour system set up off the lobby for food, drinks etc. There is a Starbucks in the lobby of the other hotel sharing the same parking lot. They are close to restaurants, shopping and a 24 hours TOPS grocery store. Thanks for making our little weekend getaway a pleasant one!

Room Tip: The elevators are a little slow during the evening - so you might want to ask for a lower level in case you need to take the stairs
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Its odd visiting your home town after being away for 40 years. This area of New York state has grown up and I needed my GPS to find my way around the old neighborhood. We were here for my high school reunion and so I wanted to find a room my hubby could retreat to in case he got bored. We enjoy the "Residence" style hotels and this was our first time at a Candlewoods. The price was comparable to the Marriott next door, we grabbed one of the few vacant rooms.

Nice rooms,very quiet and comfortable. We loved the recliner chair and big screen TV. There was a mini kitchen and bar/internet station. It seemed newly remodeled- great beds, linens and lots of pillows. A nice retreat.

Room Tip: You are in a suburban neighborhood. Lots of restaurants and supermarkets to help supplement the kitchen. basic cooking in the kitchen. coffee pot, Microwave, one burner style cooking and microwave w cooking pots&pans
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2011

What else do you need? Comfie queen bed. Kitchen with full frig, cooktop, micro, dishwasher and all the plates, pans, cutlery, etc. TV with LOTS of channels. Wireless internet that worked flawlessly. Friendly front desk with lots of local knowledge. Free coffee. Free paper if you're a club member. (membership is free, of course) Bonus ... a free cocktail at the bar next door. REASONABLE rates. Room service from the resto next door ... and it's great food! You don't get daily housekeeping at an extended stay like this ... but if you want fresh towels or linens, just take yours to the front desk and exchange. Saw lots of folks using the fitness center. No pool. This place is GREAT for business travel, but we were actually there for personal travel ... touring the fabulous Frank Lloyd Wright sites in Buffalo. (He's often referred to as America's Greatest Architect ... check out Darwin Martin House, the Boathouse, Graycliff ... sadly, the "leaders" in Buffalo decided to demolish his Larkin Administration Building in the 50's to create a parking lot)

Hit some of the other Buffalo sites, e.g. Elmwood Village, enjoy some fabulous Buffalo fare like wings at nearby Duff's, Pano's on Elmwood ... and take any leftovers back to reheat in the room at the Candlewood!

Fresh and clean. Great service. Great value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple