“Best Friend's 30th Birthday Dinner - Private Room, Great Service, Even Better Food”

Black & Blue Steak & Crab
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We made dinner reservations early in the month for my best friend's 30th birthday dinner b/c it was during Buffalo's Restaurant Week, so we wanted to ensure we got a table. They did one better & put us in our own private room with our own tv! The service was great - we did not wait long to order drinks, food, etc. And the server was very accomodating in that he left us alone most of the night to drink & enjoy ourselves. We all ordered the Buffalo Rest. Week special - for $20.13 you got a salad, steak with a side & a dessert. We didn't even need to bring in a birthday cake for my friend. The drinks were good, the atmosphere of the place was great, and the food was awesome. This was the first time I tried raw oysters & they were amazing! The appitizers were the best!! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!!

There are newer reviews for Black & Blue Steak & Crab

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing dinner here. Service was excellent, drinks were made perfectly & the food was fantastic! The restaurant has a great atmosphere & has a comfortable feel. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We went to B&B for our anniversary dinner. We had amazing food, phenomenal service & overall it was one of the best meals we have ever had. We ordered the fondue appetizer , delicious ! We both had a filet, perfectly cooked, they de- shelled the crab legs and they still arrived hot and delicious. The bus boys even came throughout the meal to double check that our table was wiped and clean. Everyone must go to this restaurant . It is high end and expensive but completely worth every penny.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Service was very attentive, food was excellent, atmosphere was great. Steak was perfectly cooked, sides were very flavorful, tuna tartar was a wonderful appetizer, dessert was out of this world. My only complaint was the beer selection was not very big. Overall it was an excellent meal that was very well received by my clients and worth the price.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place may not seem like it from the outside, but what an amazing atmopshere! Not at all what was I expecting, but a definite plus. The menu has some great choices, but I would have preferred to see more fish options like a Seabass or something along those lines. Still some great choices. Service was great - friendly and helpful. I can see why the place was packed with groups seeming to be out for a celebration.

Now in terms of food, it was okay.

The steak was not good. Very tough and burnt tasting. As I tend to like my meat well done, I assumed it was due to that, however my mothers medium-rare had the same issue. The scallops were good, but the Mac and Chesse Orzo was excellent. As a starter I had the beefsteak tomato salad which was amazing - it is done with this sweet basil vingerette dressing, and this place is worth a visit just for that!

Would return, but I won't get steak again - would stick with the tomato salad and a seafood entree.

1  Thank Chantal S