“One of the best ever!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We went to B&B for our anniversary dinner. We had amazing food, phenomenal service & overall it was one of the best meals we have ever had. We ordered the fondue appetizer , delicious ! We both had a filet, perfectly cooked, they de- shelled the crab legs and they still arrived hot and delicious. The bus boys even came throughout the meal to double check that our table was wiped and clean. Everyone must go to this restaurant . It is high end and expensive but completely worth every penny.

There are newer reviews for Black & Blue Steak & Crab

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Service was very attentive, food was excellent, atmosphere was great. Steak was perfectly cooked, sides were very flavorful, tuna tartar was a wonderful appetizer, dessert was out of this world. My only complaint was the beer selection was not very big. Overall it was an excellent meal that was very well received by my clients and worth the price.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This place may not seem like it from the outside, but what an amazing atmopshere! Not at all what was I expecting, but a definite plus. The menu has some great choices, but I would have preferred to see more fish options like a Seabass or something along those lines. Still some great choices. Service was great - friendly and helpful. I can see why the place was packed with groups seeming to be out for a celebration.

Now in terms of food, it was okay.

The steak was not good. Very tough and burnt tasting. As I tend to like my meat well done, I assumed it was due to that, however my mothers medium-rare had the same issue. The scallops were good, but the Mac and Chesse Orzo was excellent. As a starter I had the beefsteak tomato salad which was amazing - it is done with this sweet basil vingerette dressing, and this place is worth a visit just for that!

Would return, but I won't get steak again - would stick with the tomato salad and a seafood entree.

1  Thank Chantal S
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went to Black & Blue during Dine Out in Buffalo week. The special for the Dine Out week was either a sirloin or salmon, both came with a salad, sirloin came with mashed potatoes and brocolli and salmon came with risotto topped with shrimp, and flourless chocolate dessert!

Both were incredible, we also ordered a calamari special and the crab and lobster fondue - again, both were incredible!

I was not impressed with the salad, but everything else was absolutely delicious. The fresh bread was also very good. Chocolate dessert was also very good, and since it was flourless and I have a gluten free son, I chose to take mine home to him, I was actually way too full after the appetizers and meal to eat it.

We dined with another couple, and part of the special was a bottle of sparkling moscato wine for $24, I wasn't sure how I would like the 'sparkling' wine, but it was very, very good!

Two appetizers, four meals with desserts and a bottle of wine, total was $136 (w/o tip) - what a great value for an excellent meal!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

1st time here this past Friday for hpapy hour and a casual dinner . It was restaraunt week so place was packed. We sat at the bar. This place has a great vibe and feel to it, so we were off to a good start. Drinks looked good plus a good wine selection, couple of craft beers on tap. Wife and I decided to stay at the bar to eart. The service was quick, attentive and polite. At this point we were excited for our food. Sadly we left dissapointed. Order a bowl of the seafood bisque it was about $8. It had a one decent sized whole shrimp in it and the rest was creamy broth. Didn't finish it, was very bland. I had the sirlion medium , came out rare and tough as leather. Didn't expect the top cut ever, again it was restaraunt week, but also have had better cuts in a buffett line.
Wife ordered the salmon, and it had little or no taste. Salad was the same.
One good thing was the dessert - key lime.

In review, I would come back here for a drink, but not to eat. Way too many places in Amherst that are a lot better.