“Good food - noisy atmosphere”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 144 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“Good food - noisy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went for a sushi dinner. This was my second visit to the restaurant. The sushi is very good and the service is friendly. There was a lot of noise coming from the side of the restaurant where they cook the food in front of the customers - singing and chants. Made it hard to have a conversation. However, if you enjoy sushi, this is a good place to go.

Visited June 2014

“Just a good old time”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Booked dinner here for a family of 12. The staff had everything ready upon arrival and we had our own hibachi grill for our party. Lin was our cook and he was amazing. Tons of food tosses and tricks and the sake pours kept coming. The food was amazingly delicious and cooked to perfection. We did have a lot of drinks and sake shots and Lin and the waitresses made sure we had a good time.

Recommend this place for everyone looking for a fun and tasty dinner.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sam P
Buffalo, New York
“Poor Service and Utter Rudeness from Staff”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My friends and I went to Kyoto on Friday for one of the girl's 21st birthdays. All of us were over 21. We were ID'd at the door, and then the manager came over and ID'd us again. The person manning our table refused to give anyone at our table sake. He said "maybe tomorrow". We asked to speak to the manager and complained and he was very condescending to us. When we left, one of the girls called to complain and the manager said "if you don't like it, go to Fuji Grill". Well guess what, none of us or any of our families will ever walk into Kyoto again. We will be sure to go to Fuji Grill.

• Visited November 2013
District of Columbia
“Yummy! Great Drink Specials.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here and ordered a Sushi boat for 2 thingy that was really good. They also had amazing drink specials. The service was fast. Nice place.

Visited October 2013
“Mediocre Japanese Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I eat sushi quite often and have tried many restaurants throughout the country. I would rate this restaurant as average for service and decor and a bit below average for the sushi. The service was pleasant, efficient and fast. I found the booth seating to be uncomfortable and the staff was accommodating to allow me to switch to a conventional table and chair. The sushi was fresh and OK tasting. The portions were small for the price. The rolls contained very small pieces of fish and easily came apart when picked up, I later stopped at the Wegmans one block away and their sushi looked far better and at about half the price. Next time I will go to Wegmans and eate in my hotel room.

• Visited April 2013