All reviews sunset cruise infinity pool zambezi river honeymoon suite open air robin pope the managers local village meal times spent nights our entire stay lions roaring travel agent hill overlooking lion walk electric fence food is excellent
Reviewed October 22, 2017

After spending 6 nights at other Robin Pope bush locations, it was a treat to stay at this lodge. Located at the top of a hill overlooking the Zambizi river, with a view of the spray from Victoria Falls.
Staff helped us book several side trips and properly manage our time. Entire staff was attentive and seemed to anticipate our needs.
We were upgraded to a suite by our travel agent as it was the dry season and there was no water flowing on the Zambia side of Victoria Falls. Suite had AC which helped lower the room temperature, but not low enough.

Room Tip: Suites have AC, other units do not
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Fred S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge, I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed you experience with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team who will be very happy to hear them!
I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the AC's performance, I'm sure our managers there would have been more than happy to move you to another room or provide fans to help combat the warmth, it can get very hot there at that time of year.

I hope that will not put you off visiting us again in the future at Stanley Safari Lodge or any of our other camps/lodges.

Thank you again for you review.

All the very best and take care.
Robin Pope Safaris

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Our stay at Stanley Safari Lodge was fantastic and quite astonishing. The personal attention of the hosts, Crystalle and Josh (sorry if I spelled it wrong) was wonderful; they were there to greet us like loving parents every time we returned from an activity and I can't speak too highly of our lovely Desai, who catered for our every need even before we knew we needed it! He was a godsend when I fell among the market traders, keeping calm and cool and writing down every purchase I agreed to, approving the price for me and ensuring I felt safe, as well as was safe, while surrounded by dozens of enthusiastic (very) traders. I managed to get my wooden purchases home safely through customs with only one casualty and they all look brilliant, as guaranteed. Desai was a fantastic ambassador for his country and for the Lodge. Our accommodation was wonderfully private and quite opulent and we loved the African chorus for our dinner by the pool. All in all, it was a fabulous stay and our hosts were very gracious about our complaints about the heat, ensuring we had a cool, cool room to sleep in.

Room Tip: Our room had a private pool, which was fabulous. And the biggest bath in the world
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Judy D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge, it really is greatly appreciated.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team did such a fantastic job of looking after you. I will be sure to pass on your praises to them.
Despite the surrounding heat I'm glad that your accommodation was cool and comfortable for you.
That's great that you were able to get your wood carved souvenirs home - something to remember your trip by - I hope that one day in the not too distant future we will be able to host you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Wonderful helpful staff, just the right amount of attention. After nine days in the bush at various safari lodges it was nice to finish the trip here. Quiet evening meals under the new African moon, you could enjoy the stars. Its a little way from the large resorts by the river bank. We went down for a sunset cruise, we felt really happy that we were returning to our quiet oasis higher up.Josh in particular was very helpful advising us on the wide array of activities available. Yes we would stay here again if we returned to Livingstone.

Room Tip: Rooms are separate cabins, ours had its own small pool, not sure if they all do.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Nick S,

I'm so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, it's always lovely to hear that our guests appreciate the serenity that Stanley Safari Lodge offers in our beautiful spot in Livingstone.
I will be sure to pass on your praise to our team there who always strive to ensure that our guests are cared for to the highest possible standard.
I hope that we can host you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Stanley safari lodge was excellent. The managers and staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was great.

The room was very clean and tidy l and from the porch you could see the spray from the falls.

Debi was our host and was very smiley and welcoming. Babbalon did a very good tour around the falls and wasn't Kate to pick us up from the airport. He helped us with our bags and took us the the lodge

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Good morning,

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and cleanliness of your room, as well as the service that our team provides, they always aim to ensure that each of our guests are well fed and cared for to the highest standards so I'm glad that they achieved that for you.
The view from the rooms and lodge is truly beautiful, especially with the spray of the mighty Victoria Falls, it's nice that you got to appreciate the Falls all throughout your stay.

I will be sure to pass on your praise to Babylon and Debi, they will be very pleased.

All the best,

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I spend a long weekend in June in the Stanley Lodge. Really enjoyed the Lodge - the staff at all levels were excellent and very friendly and at the same time discrete, the 3 walled rooms fabulous with a great view, the room service kept the (open) room very clean, the main lodge was very well laid out and decorated and the food great - and of course plenty to do. Had a great weekend and look forward to returning in the future.

Stayed: June 2017
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear davea602,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge, it's greatly appreciated.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team always aim to ensure that each of our guests are well fed, cared for and have a memorable stay with us in Livingstone so I'm glad to hear that they achieved that for you.
Our open rooms are very popular with many of our guests so that they can immerse themselves in the surroundings, I'm happy that you appreciated the views and the cleanliness, as well as the food, main lodge and decor.
We look forward to hosting you again very soon.