All reviews infinity pool sunset cruise zambezi river honeymoon suite open air robin pope the managers meal times spent nights rhino walk travel agent personal attention hill overlooking each guest food was fantastic perfect spot visiting the falls
Reviewed August 23, 2017

I spend a long weekend in June in the Stanley Lodge. Really enjoyed the Lodge - the staff at all levels were excellent and very friendly and at the same time discrete, the 3 walled rooms fabulous with a great view, the room service kept the (open) room very clean, the main lodge was very well laid out and decorated and the food great - and of course plenty to do. Had a great weekend and look forward to returning in the future.

Date of stay: June 2017
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear davea602,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge, it's greatly appreciated.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team always aim to ensure that each of our guests are well fed, cared for and have a memorable stay with us in Livingstone so I'm glad to hear that they achieved that for you.
Our open rooms are very popular with many of our guests so that they can immerse themselves in the surroundings, I'm happy that you appreciated the views and the cleanliness, as well as the food, main lodge and decor.
We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

All the very best

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Stanley Lodge, a short while to get to the Falls, which is the most awesome view to behold.
The staff were really helpful friendly and provided a first rate service. the main lodge for meeting and eating was such a change to what one would normally experience. Food was excellent , and it was something very chilling to hear Lions roaring at 4.30 in the morning .
There were a lot of activities on offer including the bike ride we undertook with guides.
The room was comfortable and loved the hot water bottle at night. all in all well done

Room tip: The rooms were all suitable for the type of journey that one was beginning
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear bakerpaul04,

Thank you for your lovely review of Stanley Safari Lodge, it is greatly appreciated.
I'm pleased that you had such a great experience at our lodge, thanks to our great team of staff, and got to enjoy the treats that Livingstone and Victoria Falls has to offer - there's nothing quite like hearing the roar of those magnificent creatures!
We always try to ensure that our guests are treated to the best so I'm happy to hear that you appreciated the activities, food and service, delivered in front of the stunning view that we are so lucky to be able to gaze upon each day.
I really do hope that we will be able to host you again in the not too distant future.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We were so impressed with the luxury rooms at Stanley's Safari Lodge. Our three walled room had a large bedroom, two seater deck, and a double sink vanity. The lions in the nearby sanctuary woke us up every morning and from our room we could see the steam of the falls in the distance. Stanley's also arranged all of our excursions while in the area including a Lion walk through the nearby sanctuary and an ultra light flight over the falls. The setting is lovely in the common area and the service was great as well. Shout out to Desai who always greeted me with a smile!! I have to say that the food was the most disappointing part of the stay but I did appreciate taking the orders for the food and not having a buffet as the rest of the lodges in Africa seemed to have. It's a great option while visiting the falls from the Zambia side.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear Familytravelmaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Stanley Safari House, it's greatly appreciated.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience of Livingstone and the lodge, our team always make it a priority to ensure that each of our guests are well looked after and feel as comfortable as possible. It’s always a treat to be woken to the sounds of the thunder of the falls so I’m glad you got to experience that.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the food, it is unusual that the food quality is not up to the standards that we strive for, unfortunately the lodge has just come under new management and the kitchen is still adjusting to the new order of service. I have spoken to the lodge and they have informed me that the manager was away during your visit and therefore was not there to manage the quality of the dishes being sent out, which is a real shame and something we're looking into to ensure that the quality of food is maintained at all times, even in their absence.
Again, I express my deepest apologies for this, I am confident that if you were to return you will be treated to much better meals and I do hope that this experience has not put you off returning to Robin Pope Safaris.
I will be sure to pass on your praise to Desai and the rest of the team.
We really hope to be able to host you again at any of our properties in the not too distant future.

All the very best

Reviewed July 16, 2017

We just returned from a trip to Africa that included three days at Stanley Lodge. We made a special point of returning there, having visited for the first time in 2015. We loved the overall setting and our cottage. We were especially happy to meet our dear friend Peter Jerre, who was our butler two years ago, and again last week. Peter makes the entire experience there a delight. During our brief stay, the lodge arranged for Robin Pope tours, including the evening river safari on the Zambezi River -- it's the most relaxing form of safari you could ask for, including, as it does, drinks and snacks. We also visited Victoria Falls in Zambia and in Zimbabwe.

We were sad we had to leave so soon. We hope to have another visit there in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear Bill B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge. It is always an absolute pleasure to welcome back return guests like part of the family and we always aim to ensure that they receive the same excellent service that they are used to at a Robin Pope Safaris lodge so I'm really pleased that our team achieved that for you. I'm glad you got to catch up with an old friend in Peter, I will be sure to pass on your praise to him.
It's great that you got to experience some peaceful relaxation on the evening Zambezi River safari, it truly is a highlight.

I really hope that you had a fantastic time on all your travels and hope that we can host you again in the not too distant future - perhaps at one of our other lodges if you feel like a change :)

All the best and kind regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2017

We loved our visit to the Stanley Safari Lodge; its beauty, nestled in a corner of paradise, took our breath away. Our driver, Babylon, and house staff person, Mabote were wonderful! Not only did they attend to every one of our needs, they are exceedingly kind and wonderful caregivers. I can sometimes feel a little anxious when I am unfamiliar with the culture and both of these men walked us through our entire stay, and always, always, always with a beautiful smile on their faces. I highly recommend Stanley and its beautiful views of Victoria Falls.

Room tip: Our room was outstanding! Beautiful view, extremely clean, amazing bathroom, and great service!
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear marypL6092OE,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review of Stanley Safari Lodge and for taking the time to write these lovely words.
Our main aim at Stanley Safari Lodge, and in deed, Robin Pope Safaris is to ensure that each and every guests feels comfortably part of our family and I'm so glad to hear that our team achieved that for you.
I will be sure to pass on your praise to Babylon and Mabote and hope to host you again in the not too distant future.

All the best and kind regards