All reviews infinity pool sunset cruise honeymoon suite robin pope the managers meal times spent nights rhino walk travel agent other guests personal attention hill overlooking the river three nights each guest an oasis high tea
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Stanley Lodge, a short while to get to the Falls, which is the most awesome view to behold.
The staff were really helpful friendly and provided a first rate service. the main lodge for meeting and eating was such a change to what one would normally experience. Food was excellent , and it was something very chilling to hear Lions roaring at 4.30 in the morning .
There were a lot of activities on offer including the bike ride we undertook with guides.
The room was comfortable and loved the hot water bottle at night. all in all well done

Room tip: The rooms were all suitable for the type of journey that one was beginning
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear bakerpaul04,

Thank you for your lovely review of Stanley Safari Lodge, it is greatly appreciated.
I'm pleased that you had such a great experience at our lodge, thanks to our great team of staff, and got to enjoy the treats that Livingstone and Victoria Falls has to offer - there's nothing quite like hearing the roar of those magnificent creatures!
We always try to ensure that our guests are treated to the best so I'm happy to hear that you appreciated the activities, food and service, delivered in front of the stunning view that we are so lucky to be able to gaze upon each day.
I really do hope that we will be able to host you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We were so impressed with the luxury rooms at Stanley's Safari Lodge. Our three walled room had a large bedroom, two seater deck, and a double sink vanity. The lions in the nearby sanctuary woke us up every morning and from our room we could see the steam of the falls in the distance. Stanley's also arranged all of our excursions while in the area including a Lion walk through the nearby sanctuary and an ultra light flight over the falls. The setting is lovely in the common area and the service was great as well. Shout out to Desai who always greeted me with a smile!! I have to say that the food was the most disappointing part of the stay but I did appreciate taking the orders for the food and not having a buffet as the rest of the lodges in Africa seemed to have. It's a great option while visiting the falls from the Zambia side.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2017

Dear Familytravelmaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Stanley Safari House, it's greatly appreciated.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience of Livingstone and the lodge, our team always make it a priority to ensure that each of our guests are well looked after and feel as comfortable as possible. It’s always a treat to be woken to the sounds of the thunder of the falls so I’m glad you got to experience that.

I'm so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the food, it is unusual that the food quality is not up to the standards that we strive for, unfortunately the lodge has just come under new management and the kitchen is still adjusting to the new order of service. I have spoken to the lodge and they have informed me that the manager was away during your visit and therefore was not there to manage the quality of the dishes being sent out, which is a real shame and something we're looking into to ensure that the quality of food is maintained at all times, even in their absence.
Again, I express my deepest apologies for this, I am confident that if you were to return you will be treated to much better meals and I do hope that this experience has not put you off returning to Robin Pope Safaris.
I will be sure to pass on your praise to Desai and the rest of the team.
We really hope to be able to host you again at any of our properties in the not too distant future.

All the very best

Reviewed July 16, 2017

We just returned from a trip to Africa that included three days at Stanley Lodge. We made a special point of returning there, having visited for the first time in 2015. We loved the overall setting and our cottage. We were especially happy to meet our dear friend Peter Jerre, who was our butler two years ago, and again last week. Peter makes the entire experience there a delight. During our brief stay, the lodge arranged for Robin Pope tours, including the evening river safari on the Zambezi River -- it's the most relaxing form of safari you could ask for, including, as it does, drinks and snacks. We also visited Victoria Falls in Zambia and in Zimbabwe.

We were sad we had to leave so soon. We hope to have another visit there in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear Bill B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of Stanley Safari Lodge. It is always an absolute pleasure to welcome back return guests like part of the family and we always aim to ensure that they receive the same excellent service that they are used to at a Robin Pope Safaris lodge so I'm really pleased that our team achieved that for you. I'm glad you got to catch up with an old friend in Peter, I will be sure to pass on your praise to him.
It's great that you got to experience some peaceful relaxation on the evening Zambezi River safari, it truly is a highlight.

I really hope that you had a fantastic time on all your travels and hope that we can host you again in the not too distant future - perhaps at one of our other lodges if you feel like a change :)

All the best and kind regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2017

We loved our visit to the Stanley Safari Lodge; its beauty, nestled in a corner of paradise, took our breath away. Our driver, Babylon, and house staff person, Mabote were wonderful! Not only did they attend to every one of our needs, they are exceedingly kind and wonderful caregivers. I can sometimes feel a little anxious when I am unfamiliar with the culture and both of these men walked us through our entire stay, and always, always, always with a beautiful smile on their faces. I highly recommend Stanley and its beautiful views of Victoria Falls.

Room tip: Our room was outstanding! Beautiful view, extremely clean, amazing bathroom, and great service!
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GabriellaRPS, Marketing at Stanley Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear marypL6092OE,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review of Stanley Safari Lodge and for taking the time to write these lovely words.
Our main aim at Stanley Safari Lodge, and in deed, Robin Pope Safaris is to ensure that each and every guests feels comfortably part of our family and I'm so glad to hear that our team achieved that for you.
I will be sure to pass on your praise to Babylon and Mabote and hope to host you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

This is a beautiful lodge. We stayed 4 nights at the end of our holiday and could have stayed at a hotel near the falls but this was much more atmospheric! The open suites are simply superb (we had the family suite and honeymoon). It was amazing to be sleeping virtually outside with just a mosquito net between us and the view of spray from the falls! (plenty of mozzie spray, repellant and coils are provided) There was a little sitting area with open fire but we didn't use it as the main lodge open fire was wonderful. Sunset over the infinity pool with a glass of wine in hand was unforgettable! The personal service and food was excellent, gardens are beautiful. We had a couple of afternoons just relaxing by the pool despite the plentiful trips on offer! Do visit the village of Mukuni if you get a chance, a real insight into village life and culture. I would definitely recommend Stanley Lodge.

Room tip: Open suites were great, but closed are available if you want less fresh air!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear anneK5767PJ,

Thank you so very much for you review of Stanley Safari Lodge and for taking the time to write these kind words.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the personal and friendly atmosphere. The village visit is in deed a favourite among our guests so I'm glad you got the chance to check it out and get the feel of the local Zambian way of life and the people that make this country so special.
I hope that you enjoyed the first part of your holiday and that we can host you again at any Robin Pope Safaris lodge in the not too distant future.