All reviewssunset cruiseinfinity poolzambezi riverhoneymoon suiteopen airrobin popethe managerslocal villagemeal timesspent nightsour entire staylions roaringtravel agenthill overlookinglion walkelectric fencefood is excellent
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We really had a fantastic time, and I would like to compliment Mr. du Plessis and his staff. He was very friendly and made us feel at home. The staff are very friendly and really helpful. He arranged all our tours for us, as we requested. The sunset cruise was wonderful, and the Victoria Falls were SPECTACULAR! We experienced the rain forest in total. The tranquil atmosphere was just bliss, and the private pool at our chalet was perfect. The food was lovely and dining under the stars... like heaven. I will definitely go again in the near future. If you want to experience nature as it is meant to be, with the luxury and pampering included, do not hesitate to go to Stanleys . We left with fond memories and beautiful photographs!!

Room Tip: Any one, they are all fantastic and unique, with a view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Bushbaby007
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed 4 days and I regret no staying more time. In spite there is a lot of activities to make in the surrounds try to stay one day free in the lodge and enjoy the place.
There is a unique sunset framed with the savannah and the Victoria Falls shower. I strongly suggest to stay in the open suites where you combined the services of a suite with the sensation of tent. The manager Clara and her team make us feel as we were at home. If I return to Zambia I will not hesitate stanley safari Lodge

Room Tip: Choose the open suites, the view and feelings from your bed are awesome. In spite you are in Africa and its open room you won’t have any problems with insects
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Marcos N
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My son and I had a fabulous experience at the Stanley Safari Lodge. We thank everyone there for a wonderful time. We loved the open air experience, the food was wonderful, the service amazing, and we spent a very relaxing day by the pool - a much appreciated respite during a hectic trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank makgloucester
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at SSL back in June 2004! On a father/son trip to Vic Falls. The lodge is nice, but in the middle of nowhere. Food was average and served "family style" or if preferred at own table. We stayed in the Zambezi view cottage. Sleeping in semi open hut was nice, though my son wasn't too sure if he liked it with all the sounds. Considering the location and the activities in area, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert V
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were a group of two couples travelling in Southern Africa and started our trip at the Stanley Safari Lodge to see the Vic Falls. Is was quite an experience! Not knowing exactly what to expect we were surprised by the open air lodges, which some of us liked and others did not feel so comfortable with. Personally I loved the feeling of sleeping in the open air, listening to the lions roar in the sanctuary close to the lodges. However, for those who are not so comfortable with the bugs and darkness this place can be too much. The service was warm, welcoming and good, and we especially liked the good food. The fact that we had a personal staff member taking care of us from morning until evening was wonderful! Also note that laundry is included and works well.

Doing a day trip to the Falls was no problem, even if it was difficult to explain to the staff that we only wanted to use a regular taxi for the day trip to the Falls as well as to the neighbouring Mukuni village. The Lodge provides tour services which are quite expensive, most probably due to the isolation of the Lodge, but ask for a normal taxi if you are going into Livingstone/the Falls or Mukuni and you want to go without a guide! It's much cheaper and you can decide your own timetable.

All in all however a pleasant stay and we had an unforgettable Christmas eve dinner with lots of traditional African singing and dancing! Thanks to the staff at Stanley Lodge!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple