I stayed 4 days and I regret no staying more time. In spite there is a lot of activities to make in the surrounds try to stay one day free in the lodge and enjoy the place.
There is a unique sunset framed with the savannah and the Victoria Falls shower. I strongly suggest to stay in the open suites where you combined the services of a suite with the sensation of tent. The manager Clara and her team make us feel as we were at home. If I return to Zambia I will not hesitate stanley safari Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Victoria Falls is where the wide Zambezi River simply drops some 100 meters into a narrow gorge. The Falls lie across the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, and Livingstone is the town on the Zambian side. Called "Mosi-oa-Tunya", (the smoke that thunders) in the local language the Falls are one of the seven wonders of the world and when you first come to Zambia, Livingstone is a must visit destination. Set on a hill bordering the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and overlooking unspoilt bush, Stanley Safari Lodge is only three kilometer from the Victoria Falls. The views are splendid: the spray of the Falls in the distance, the mighty Zambezi River and on top of that yet another beautiful African sunset. From either our main garden, our infinity pool or from the privacy of your room, views are unmatched. The ten uniquely designed chalets are constructed of teak and local stone and are open fronted or more colonial style brick and tiled rooms which are closed. Stanley Safari Lodge is an elegant and luxurious getaway. The ten rooms are each unique, individually designed and with an eye for detail that will make sure you will enjoy your African experience to the utmost. And from every room you are able to see the spray of the Victoria Falls, the Zambezi River and the African sunset. Four of the rooms are suites, each having a private plunge pool with deck or terrace, a lounge area, a bedroom and a bathroom with bath and separate shower. The Honeymoon Suite and Family Suite are open suites, which enables you to absorb the sights and sounds of the African bush fully. The Livingstone Suite and Stanley Suite are closed suites with a colonial interior that evoke the elegant era of Stanley and Livingstone. The Stanley doubles up as a family suite as it is two bedroomed; this coupled with the other offerings of the suite affords families some exclusivity. The cottages, six in total, are all in Safari style built with natural materials. Baobab is a closed cottage, but all other cottages (Birds Room, Zambezi View, Mukuni, Mosi-oa-Tunya and Victoria) have an open structure to enhance to your Zambian experience. All these cottages have a bath and shower with all the luxuries you might desire. From the deck or terrace you can enjoy the splendid views of the Zambezi Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Stanley Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanley Safari Lodge Hotel Victoria Falls
- Stanley Safari Lodge Zambia/Victoria Falls