I stayed at Jollyboys Livingstone Zambia in January 2014.
It was the worst experience of my life and I just want to warn others not to stay there!
Things wrong with it are as follows:
- Poor standard in living accommodation (we booked a twin room) It was dirty with cobwebs and had clearly not be cleaned well. My duvet had white stains on it (you decide what that was!!)
Poor security just a small padlock, the bin was broken, the fan was filthy, and the bolt on the inside of door did not work. Also the light switch was loose on the wall and was sparking.
These issues were sorted out in the end but should not be there in the first place.
- Communial areas in the whole complex or generally dirt. Bar and menus are flithy, pool is full of flies and a bit slimmy! Pool and table tennis table are in very poor state.
-Beds are sooooo uncomfortable. I woke up with terrible back pain every day. Matresses are old and over used!
- Wifi is charged and is still very slow (Faulty towers offer wifi for free)
- The place was started in 1996 I think I it looks like they have not updated or cleaned it since.
- Staff were very rude apart from 1 or 2.
- After complaining to the Manager she was extremely rude and just spoke louding over us everytime we tried to make a point! Shocking customer services!
- There a free water fill bottle there but if you look closly its full of foreign objects floating around in there.
We ended up moving to Faulty towers that was just down the road and for $5 more people night we eneded up getting a large family room. This place is so much more cleaner and a better service and is also out of the way of the center so you don't get hassled by traders as much, also this place is right next to all the main shops.
Any more info on this please email me I will be happy to let you know more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zambia's original backpacker! Jollyboys is the quintessential backpackers lodge and has been catering to budget travellers since 1995. Our friendly and helpful staff are well versed in up-to-the-minute travel information and regulations throughout Southern Africa. Jollyboys have recently established 'Responsible Tourism' initiatives such as worm farms for food waste, solar power, reduced water use and waste by recycling and up-cycling as well as supporting local social enterprise organizations. The Jollyboys restaurant provides meals of exceptional value or try your hand at cooking in the self catering kitchen. FREE wifi available in our common areas and we offer FREE daily shuttles to the Victoria Falls and FREE pick ups from the Livingstone Airport. Whether you are a long term traveler, on a short weekend break, on honeymoon or traveling with a group volunteering, Jollyboys has something to offer everyone. We look forward to welcoming you to Jollyboys Backpackers and Camp and being part of your Livingstone adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Jollyboys International Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jollyboys International Backpackers Hotel Livingstone