Located about 4 Minutes drive from the town's main street (probably a 10 minute walk on dirt roads), Jollyboys Campsite is the quieter lodge when compared with the JollyBoys Backpackers (which is located more centrally in the town, behind the Museum).
We didn't swim in the pool, although it was very clean and inviting!
Staff were friendly and helped us to coordinate some activities such as their free trip to the falls and contacting taxi drivers to get into town.
< Facilities >
* Swimming Pool - looked very clean and inviting, although we didn't use it!
* Neat lounge area - big pillows, ideal place to crash for a while and review your photos of the day.
* Bar - very basic bar, didn't serve spirits if I'm correct.
* Pool Table - a little worn-out but games are free.
* Luggage Lock-up - we locked up most of our luggage whilst we went on a Multi-Day rafting tour.
* Internet Facilities - affordable and sold in 15 minute vouchers.
* Small Curios Shop - Jewellery, t-shirts and other local goods for sale.
< Room >
* Double room was a comfortable size. No closets or drawers to store things in, simply a few shevles and an area with space for hangers on a steel frame.
* Bed was a good size (double-size bed) with a Mosquito net provided. It got significantly colder at night (August), there was a fan in the room for the hotter moments during the day.
* The shower is pretty basic but also rather big, could have had better drainage.
< The Good >
* Friendly and Knowledgeable staff
* Comfortable Chill Area
* Activity Guide and booking assistance from Reception
< The Bad >
* Red Flooring in room left markings on luggage
* Our bathroom door wouldn't close properly and we had tried to get it fixed by their *Handyman Charles, took them a few days to sort out (as we didn't want to leave a carpenter in the room with all our gear).
* Windows are missing and just have a mosquito screen, meaning you will sometimes hear people outside your room.
< He Says >
* Although not as central or nearly as lively as the Backpackers, the Taxi's are cheap from the Camp to town ( One-way $3 USD in AUG 2011).
* Make sure you ask for a power-adapter (or two) at reception to charge your electronics.
* Although we didn't have the time, apparently you can rent bicycles from the JollyBoys Backpackers - this could have been quite useful!
< She Says >
* The stay was very pleasant indeed. Mosquito nets over the beds made for a stress-free, mosquito-free sleep – only the BIG bugs you have to worry about . Although we stayed at the Jollyboys Campsite, we went to the Jollyboys Backpackers one evening for drinks and we found there to be a wonderful party vibe at night which allowed us to meet many interesting people from around the world. After the third day at the Jollyboys Campsite, however, I started to crave a morning cappuccino which was hard to find at the campsite, but this is a small luxury after all!
* The people were exceptionally friendly and accommodating and if given the opportunity, I would definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zambia's original backpacker! Jollyboys is the quintessential backpackers lodge and has been catering to budget travellers since 1995. Our staff are well versed in up-to-the-minute travel information and regulations throughout Southern Africa. The Jollyboys restaurant provides meals of exceptional value or try your hand at cooking in the self catering kitchen. FREE wifi available in our common areas and we offer FREE daily shuttles to the Victoria Falls and FREE pick ups from the Livingstone Airport. Whether you are a long term traveler, on a short weekend break, on honeymoon or traveling with a group volunteering, Jollyboys has something to offer everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HostelWorld, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Jollyboys International Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jollyboys International Backpackers Hotel Livingstone