“Stay away from this hotel”
Review of Chrismar Hotel

Chrismar Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Livingstone
Bergen, Norway
“Stay away from this hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stay away fro this hotel if you are not in a Conference where other People have paid for you. They try to charge you extra for everything, and the service is poor. Staff are not trained, nor in the Kitchen, cleaning or reseption. The worst Place I hvae been to ever and I have travelled a lot in Zambia, Namibia, South-Africa, ASia and Europe. The worse is the way they try to cheat you to pay extra for breakfast and fees that you have alresdy paid for using Booking.com/Expedia. The do their own calculation ending up that their rate are almost half of what you actualle paid and they ask you to pay the differnece!!! Very unprofessioal and actually a way of stealing that should be reported. Be careful With you payment here, check everything and dont let them charge you double!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ane B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not a very good stay against what we had to pay. Air conditioning was not working at all and there was some kind of lizard on my bed sheet when I walked in. Food was not good at all. Internet service always down. I would really recommend that you look some where else for accommodation in Livingstone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Islamkamelba

Travelers are raving about these Livingstone hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent one night here. We basically wanted a night in 'luxury' accomadation before we embarked on an 8 day safari adventure camping everynight and after travelling from Melbourne we wanted to be sure to have a good nights sleep.

We went out to dinner that night, the only time we left the swimming pool and room since checking in. Our room was adjacent to the pool so nothing untoward could of happened. We even had dinner in the hotel but this was to the side out of sight of the villa.

It was the next day once we had checked out that I went to pay for something, I noticed the envelope where I kept our US dollars was surprisingly light. Once I had opened it I noticed all that was left was $1 and $5 dollar bills. All the $20's and $50's had been taken, around $300 in total.

There was no break in in our villa - the only thing we actually realised when we got back from dinner that night, the A/C had been switched from cold to warm but we were both so tired we thought nothing of it.

This person took the large bills - again so I wouldnt notice I guess and raise a complaint sooner. We did tell the manager who mentioned there was a local woman, a maid who had left that day to go visit her sick husband. It kind of made sense really once we heard that.

The manager as well - well once we reported this to the members of staff it took him 3 times to be called upon to even see us face to face!? His name was Robert McCarron a gentleman from the US. He really wasnt help and didnt seem too bothered about a member of his staff had stolen from within his hotel?!

This happened approx 4/6 weeks ago now - he has my contact details and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt prior to posting this on-line - however he hasnt provided us with an update, if the woman came back to work, or anything in between,

Shocking - it is not safe here, unless you dont leave your room. In addition the location has alot to be desired for - but that was a small oversight compared to being robbed. Moreso we got robbed on a Saturday and had the entire day lost trying to find banks to replace the money as this was for visa's to enter other countries.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OzOughts
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The location is a little far from the Victoria Falls (~5km), however, for the price, the facilities and infrastructure are very good. The lodges are comfortable and bathrooms are spacious. Good restaurant food and fair swimming pools complete the place. Staff is very polite and helpful (especially about local attractions)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Siavonga, Zambia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spent 3 nights here. On arrival it seemed very nice and we were allowed to have an early check in. Got to the room, very nice, however not a big fan of the animal print items in the room, the bed was a bit old and we ended up in the middle of it every night, there are no bed side tables, oh and the AC works. The shower pressure was very low. There are a few things out of place in the room, needs some attention.

The service was excellent in the restaurant and at reception, however the bar was a bit slow. Loved the idea of the bar in the pool, however the bar does not fit in with the rest of the theme of the hotel, and needs a lot of work, as every thing is out of date, has water damage or leaks.

Over all we enjoyed our stay at Chrismar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EttieMilk
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Disappointing in every sense -
From arrival where the guard forced me to park in a faraway corner of the parking lot while space was available 2 meters from the reception , following by dead and live mosquitoes in the room, loud music till very late in the evening at the pool, the fact that the window shutters were broken so i wasnt so sure about the safety of my luggage while away , and as piece de resistance , being woken up at 06:45 in the morning by the repeated sound of microlight planes and helicopters taking off not 500 meters from the hotel's location.
The pool is dirty,the jakuzzi in the room was nice but didnt work. the breakfast very tired and had one of the most terrible tasting coffees in the world.
Overall pretty terrible especially for the price. Go elsewhere if you can

Room Tip: a room elsewhere would be a good choice :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel this week with 3 colleagues while attending a workshop. The setting is lovely, nice garden, good size pool and pool bar. But that is it. The rooms are dark and shabby. Bed is uncomfortable and the mattresses are old and thorn. Housekeeping is a disaster, I had to ask twice to have my room made. There are a lots of mosquito which is normal at this time of the year so it is very important that the rooms get sprayed regularly and they don't. Extremely poor value for money!! I won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingstone
Protea Hotel Livingstone
#12 of 16 in Victoria Falls
The River Club
The River Club
#4 of 17 in Livingstone

Been to Chrismar Hotel? Share your experiences!