“Adrenaline rush”

Flying Fox
Ranked #13 of 37 things to do in Livingstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Abseil Zambia offers several adrenalin activities out in the magnificent Batoka Gorge. Take one at a time, from Abseiling, Rap Jumping, Flying Fox, Zip Line or the World famous Gorge Swing... OR take a full days adventure comprising of all these activities as many times as you wish, with return transfers breakfast, lunch and beers included.
Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Adrenaline rush”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I did a half-day on one morning with Abseil Zambia. It's great fun if you're fit and like adrenaline and adventure activities. In one morning we did the rappeling, the zip line (flying fox), and both solo (forward) & tandem (backward) gorge swings. The instructions were easy to understand and they were very safety conscious in operating the activities. Nevertheless, you'll still get quite an adrenaline rush when you step off the edge and start your freefall on the gorge swing. I bought the video ($50) and they delivered the DVD to my hotel the next morning, just as promised. The video is great! We particularly enjoyed our tandem gorge swing. You fall off the platform backwards together with your partner. Exciting and a little scary -- but it was the smoothest of all the swings we did. Have fun!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank RichandBrenda

Benguela, Angola
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Extraordinary experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

To be able to do slide, swing or bungee in such a scenario it's a enormous privelege. The staff looked very competent.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank pedroql79
Luanda, Angola
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Arghhhhh! Scary!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After watching my partner do a solo gorge swing I decided to step up...and immediately chickened out. I got a great passionate speech from the guys working there, about heart over head, and they even said they'd wave the charge for my boyfriend to do the jump tandem with me! Great guys!!
I found it totally terrifying, but glad I did it!
Theres 15minute hike out of the gorge after, so ask them to send down some water in the little bag if its hot. Enjoy!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kellyrichardson
Cairo, Egypt
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Leap of Faith!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just step off and free fall...this is no bungee jump..you will fall, catch and swing...awesome! I took the step forward, straight off. My two teens did a tandem jump, where you step off backwards. We bought the DVD of our jumps. You really want to have this! The whole thing goes so quickly, you will want to see you own face, scream, etc. We took our own photos but the guide has the best place to take the DVD. Just be sure you realize you have to WALK out of the gorge once you are down and it is a pretty good up-hill climb.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MWZ1963
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a thrill!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm actually quite terrified of heights, but I'm a big believer in challenging your fears so I decided to do the gorge swing. The team at Abseil Zambia made me feel really safe (felt good knowing they have 100% safety record in the 15 years they've been around) and took me through the procedure really thoroughly so when it came time to jump I was able to do it with almost no hesitation...so much fun! My 11yr old brother did it too and he loved it :) Highly recommend! It's true that it's a bit of a trek back up the gorge though (ice cold water half way up was much appreciated) so be prepared for that.

One the team was kind enough to take a video of our jumps too (with our camera) at no extra cost - it turned out really well! You'll find the video on youtube if you search "The Zambezi Swing (Big Scream!)" - I really did scream but it was sooo fun ^^

Visited November 2012