“Sorry we didn't do the Devils Pool”

Livingstone Island Tour
Ranked #7 of 35 Tours in Livingstone
More attraction details
Owner description: Livingstone Island is perched on the edge of the Victoria Falls in the very midst of this thundering mass of water. Your visit begins with a thrilling ride through the channels of the Zambezi. Thereafter, you will be taken on a guided exploration of the island, a protected World Heritage Site. If you're feeling brave, you can even take a heart-stopping peek over the island's edge to the churning mass below in the famous Devil's Pool. (no experience necessary/ no age limit)
newark, england
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Sorry we didn't do the Devils Pool”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Decided before we went that the Devil's Pool was too scary & we weren't going to do it. The island trip on its own was very good though. We got right to the edge of the Falls & saw multiple rainbows in the spray. The guides were solicitous and looked after us very well. Breakfast was tasty although a little rushed as they have to get you away to bring the next group in. Being there, the Devil's Pool didn't look so daunting & my Dad who is 85 was also sorry that we hadn't done it.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Krommenie, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique locations for having a breakfast or diner”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I did the Livingstone Island lunch with Devil's Pool and is was absolutly fantastic. Didn't thought that I would go in Devil's Pool but the guides give you a realy safe feeling so I'm so glad I did it I wouldn't have missed this in a thousand years, the lunch after is really suberb!! A booked this through http://www.afrizim.com/home.asp and the are a perfect compagnie to book al of your excursions, tours or safari's, just take a look at their site.

Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Unforgettable! A must-do at Victoria Falls”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was the best thing I did at Victoria Falls National Park.
I went for breakfast on Livingstone Island. (You have the choice of breakfast lunch or afternoon tea - also depends on availability).
We arrived by boat, and had a guide take on a short bare-foot walk to the very edge of the falls with a rain mac on. It was exhilarating. We had photos right on the edge with the rainbow and falls behind us. The guide certainly knew how to take good photos.
We then went for a dip in Angels pool (water levels too high for devils pool) - also amazing being right on the edge!! After all the excitement we had breakfast under a gazebo by the falls which was delicious. I can't recommend this trip enough.
The boat returns you to the Royal Livingstone Hotel, and it is definitely worth hanging around these nice grounds - especially if you can stay for the sunset by the river!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank stargazerlily
North Port, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Adrenaline Junkies - this is for YOU!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Adrenaline Junkies be sure to add Livingston Island Tour to your bungee jumping plans at Victoria Falls. We signed up for this with the understanding that we would get a tour of the island with great views of the Falls and a fabulous lunch. Little did we know that a GREAT view of the falls meant a spectacular, unclose, soaking wet, front row seat to the edge of the falls themselves. Before I go further, be sure to check the dates and go when the river is low. We were there in June and the water had just gotten low enough to open the tours of the falls but Devils Pool was still unaccessible. However, there was an area where they were allowing swimming at the edge of the falls the day we were there. We were greeted by our very confident guide Alpha Omega (yes, I promise that is what his name tag said) instructed to roll up our pants, take off our shoes and put on a very heavy rain coat which was provided. This was when they asked if anyone was going to swim. We then headed out to the falls side of the island where we were lead one at a time to the edge of the falls for a look and photo op. I have vertigo but seemed to forget about it with this handsome, charming very confident and competent guide. All four of our party waded out to the edge of the falls and 3 weeks later we are still talking about it and Alpha every time we get together. This was one of the highlights of our trip (only over shadowed by the great white shark dive in False Bay). We went on the lunch tour and our fantastic view of the falls was followed by a lovely, elegant, and delicious meal under a tent on the island. It was a magical way to spend the afternoon. Don't forget, check the times of the year when water is low enough to go out to the edge and if you dare swim at Devils Pool.
An absolute MUST!!!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank islandgirl_bg_fl
Durban, South Africa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must if you visit the Vic Falls”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wasn't all that interested in this tour but my Mom was, so we went for lunch on the island, and I'm really glad we went!
I went in March when the water level is very high, so the river and falls were at full capacity. This made the views and the spray amazing! However, at this time you can't reach or swim in the Devil's pool. So plan your trip carefully - it's either high water for great views or low water with a walk to and a swim in the devil's pool.

The business is run completely by locals who are friendly and very knowledgeable. The kitchen in on the island and they even bake their own bread there, right on the island! Needless to say the food was great, especially the chicken, and I was offered endless amounts to drink.

I would advise to book via the Tongabezi website (URL under attraction website), as this is the official site with the best pricing and some amazing pictures so you can see more or less what to expect.

Visited March 2013