Sanctuary Sussi Choma Zambia
It was the best possible start to a 23 day long Southern African sojourn. The huts are on the banks of River Zambezi and you can sit out on the open air balcony and enjoy the wonderful views and maybe even catch some wildlife action as we did! The room offers every possible convenience and is beautifully appointed.
Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and helped us to make the most of our short stay. The food was very good and the service excellent --- ask for the last two rooms if you are looking for privacy and some private animal viewing (we were woken up by elephants below us before the actual wake-up call came in!) The highlight of our stay was the evening river cruise with a spectacular African setting sun. We were only able to do a short game drive but tracking the rhino on foot was one thing we regretted not being able to do.
One word of caution---if you are coming to see the Victoria Falls the time of year is very important as the Zambian side has dry season from July-Aug till January and the best views are from the Zimbabwean side. There are two ways around this hurdle---equip yourself with a visa and spend a couple of hours across the border, returning to your den by evening and/or tale the 15 minute scenic helicopter tour which operates from the Zambian side.(United Air Charters) As a matter of fact we would put this down on the ‘must do’ list.
All in all Sussi Chuma is an excellent destination and affords a memorable staying experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stunning main area an elevated bar, superb wine cellar, lounge and open air dining area, curio shop and swimming pool. Full English and continental breakfast is served and high tea is available on request. The elegant shaded deck offers fantastic bird's eye views across the river. And last but not least, when all the excitement of the day has caught up, a revitalising spa treatment is the order of the day. Sussi Tree Houses: Twelve luxury tree houses are built into the canopy of majestic ebony trees lining the river bank. The air-conditioned rooms all with their own private viewing deck boast superb views over the white waters of the Zambezi. And if the fancy takes you, enjoy a private dinner on your deck, while the sounds of the bush provide enchanting background music. Chuma Houses: The two private Chuma Houses are perfect for families with young children. Each house has two en suite bedrooms, a spacious lounge and dining area and private plunge pool. Each of the houses also come with their own private chef, house staff, guide and private vehicle for activities for the duration of their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma Hotel Livingstone
- Sanctuary Sussi And Chuma