All reviews short stay outdoor shower huts obama hostel wifi accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic 2 nights at Zinga. It is a little walk out of town but it’s great!! The manager is the most friendly guy ever met. Everything you want is possible just ask for it. Would definitely go there again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Really great staff. All staff were open and accomodating to me during my stay. The private room I booked was what appeared to be a very traditional hut and a nice change to the norm. Hostel is in a great location. It was a bit lacking in atmosphere during my stay as it was low on guests but all staff were working hard on the gardens and looking to be sprucing things up for the busier season ahead. All in all, lots of potential here. Also, great service in booking me onto last minute activities.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank NomadicNathan
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had booked two nights originally and ended up staying two extra nights.
The vibe and "decor" were my favourite aspect of this place. It all has a personal touch.
We had booked a dorm room, since we are backpackers on a budget, but one day they added 2x the amount of beds, turning them all into bunk beds. I think that was a terrible idea, the room is WAY too crowded and I don't even know how the person in the back could access their bed, nevertheless go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. And if it were at full capacity, there is ZERO space for your belongings.
The bunks had also been freshly painted, so when we went back in at the end of the day, the fumes were so so strong. Robbie (who was AMAZEBALLS) moved us to another room.
The staff were great. Very kind, went out of their way to help us. Robbie is a traveling soul, Martha has the heart of gold. She even took us to Church on Sunday and to meet her family.
We did make one mistake though that we'd like to share so others don't get stuck in the same situation- my friend and I had booked a night on their "booze cruise". When two of the other staff (taxi driver and another worker) had said they were going to come too, my friend and I started telling the other staff they should come too and it would be a big party! What we didn't know until we got into the cab to go on the cruise, was it was their understanding that my friend and I were to pay for them. We felt awful, but it was a miss communication. We didn't have the money to pay for them.
SO- just a warning, if you invite people to join you on an excursion, you will have to pay for them.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017

I stayed here in July. The place is great. Eco-friendly and very helpful staff. I would go back there anytime.

The location is also very convenient. If you are heading to the Victoria falls, the bus stop is very nearby.

Room tip: They have dorm rooms and single rooms too.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2017

The place is run down. All services are very primitive, including toilet and shower. It is frequented by those kind of people whose main goal in life is to spend the night drinking cheap booze and shout to each other untill dawn. The management of the place does not do anything to keep the situation under control. We were 8 people camping at Zinga. It was impossible to get a minute of sleep, which is great in perspective of traveling a lot on unpaved roads the following day. So, unless you are also looking yourself for getting stoned by cheap alcohol and smoke, my best advise is to stay away from Zinga.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
skoolboy z, General Manager at Zinga Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Hi...We really don't know why you rated us like that and its a pity everyone in your group enjoyed the stay except you, but anyway we age every client to come judge for themselves if what you saying is true, just as they say you can never please everyone.

But thank you a lot we will be able to learn from it and continue with our business.
Hope to accommodate you in the near future...and please don't hesitate to come stay do an activity for free from us.

Zinga Backpackers.