2,007 results
All reviews zambezi sun victoria falls sister hotel pool bar buffet dinner free entrance royal livingstone next door unlimited access hotel grounds main restaurant five minute walk african queen wild animals large pool national park pool side hotel guests
Reviewed February 11, 2016

We visited at the end of a charity volunteering trip for 2 nights. It was our rest time at the end of the trip. The setting was unique - so close to the top of the falls. The grounds were bizarrely green and the grass very wet as sprinklers were in use . This was hard to see having just visited villages where the well had dried up and people were walking miles for water. Less water would have given the same effect. The wild animals in the grounds were wild. The zebras scared a lady when she got too close. Didn't see giraffe as they were very shy. Crocodile in lake was a young one, but free to roam.

The rooms were nice enough. Two very large beds in each - must have been at least king size. Really lovely, good temperature. Bathrooms also very spacious with bath and separate showere cubicle. By the rest of zambi as standards these rooms were palatial. It's important to get it into context. We were so pleased to see a shower at all - the luxury was a bit overwhelming. By western standards the decor was a bit tired, but in context it was overwhelmingly luxurious.

The bar was very nice - good food, friendly staff, lovely setting. The restaurant was excellent. Amazing choice of foods - eat as much as you like buffet - very reasonably priced. Best hotel food I've ever eaten.

A high point of the stay was going to the bar at the top of the falls which was still in the grounds but closer to its sister hotel. A cocktail at sunset overlooking the falls - very inexpensive, but a memory to last forever.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The falls were accessible free of charge adjacent to the hotel - a short walk. There were some good gift shops by the entrance to the falls.

My only gripe is that the wifi was unreliable. I needed to Skype home, but it was very hard to do this, which was quite upsetting, given my circumstances at the time.
Overall - an amazing experience, hope to return....

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane D
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2016

Dear Valued Guest

Firstly allow me to thank you for taking time to send us feedback on your stay with us via TripAdvisor, all feedback from my guests whether positive or negative is very welcoming and for this I am extremely grateful.

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments, they have been shared with my entire team, it’s always nice to get such positive feedback from our guests.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had a wonderful holiday, I hope that you have taken many memories back home with you and we hope to see you again soon in Zambia in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

our stay was for 2 nights The Location is right by the falls not evan 5 mins away. we were very impressed by the layout of the resort. large airy rooms all with air con, very cleanand lovely décor. the resturants were good and a great bar by the very warm pool. Zebra roming free in the garden too. the Falls were awesome id stay here again

Room Tip: for us the proximity to the falls. It is literally at the back of the resort, a few minutes from all rooms walk. You can come & go
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Dear Valued Guest

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful holiday, I hope that you have taken many memories back home with you and we hope to see you again soon in Zambia in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights & we're really impressed by the layout of the resort & the facilities available - tour desk, large pool, large animals roaming freely. The rooms weren't spectacular but they are nice. The food was good, again, not spectacular, but good. There was grumbling from other guests about the price of the buffet dinner, however we didn't eat there so I am not sure if it was justified.

The staff were more than happy to help with whatever we needed - which wasn't much as everything was taken care of.

The only negative was the room cleaning, our toilet seat broke & was left sitting on the floor, not fixed until we asked for it to be done - housekeeping should have been onto it straight away.

The highlight of the stay is the proximity to the falls. It is literally at the back of the resort, only a few minutes walk. You can come & go as you please.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2016

We stayed at this resort for 4 nights. Communication was poor as I highlighted I was vegetarian and allergic to wheat and glutton. They said they would put a plan together for me but unfortunately this did not happen.It has been a challenge to get a meal.
The staff don't appear to understand the concept of glutton free.
The staff are very nice but they don't hurry so everything takes a while.
The rooms are basic but comfortable.
This is a wonderful setting but the rooms need upgraded to be a four star.

Room Tip: The sister hotel looks nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Caron c, Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Dear Valued Guest

I am extremely saddened by your feedback as daily I strive to instill customer service excellence into all my staff members, each one of my team should have been more than willing to assist you with whatever request you could possibly have and I can promise you that something so simple as a gluten free meal would have been very easy to arrange for you, we do this all the time. I am so very, very sorry that you experienced this and the next time you come to Zambia please personally get hold of me and I will make sure to have you well looked after in future.
Once again, my sincerest apologies for this experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights on an amazing part of our trip. The hotel is literally backing onto the sensational Victoria Falls and with the hotel you can visit there as many times as you wish for free. We also went on the African Queen, Zambezi River cruise which was fantastic - 2 hours cruising along seeing all the wildlife, free food and drink included, what more could you want? The hotel was fantastic with great facilities and more than enough chill out time by the pool too - the staff couldn't do enough for you and simply just an amazing place to visit.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends