“Short Stay”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Livingstone
Baltimore, Maryland
“Short Stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our one day stay at the Zambezi Sun was full of adventure for us. The location was great with Victoria Falls being a short walk away, having a guide to explore and help us look for the giraffes. We also saw a baby croc.
We enjoyed the pool, dining and the band...the music was so relaxing. The animals walk the ground so make sure you always have your camera ready. We loved the decor of the hotel, the lobby area and the layout. The grounds were clean and welcoming and all the staff were so friendly. The rooms were okay, but the air conditioner was so loud it was hard for us to sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NishaMacD, General Manager at AVANI Victoria Falls Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. Your opinion is very valuable to our staff and future guests to the area. We look forward to welcoming you back to Zambezi Sun in the near future.

Kind Regards

Nisha MacDougall
Hotel Manager Zambezi Sun
nisha.macdougall@suninternational.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Spooner, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location and pool. The lobby is beautiful! It is so nice to be able to just walk to the falls when that is really why you are there! Cool that the zebras just walk the grounds! The rooms need up dating. We had mold in the shower and our air-conditioner leaked a huge puddle in the entry of our room. Luckily it was the morning we were checking out. The staff were good but not exceptional. Overall it was an average stay and I would stay again. The pool and location made it!

Stayed October 2013
• Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us at Zambezi Sun on Trip advisor. My team and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and please be assured that this is not a true reflection of our operating standards and objectives.

Your valuable feedback will make us aware on the actual guests’ experience, which will allow us to improve the quality of our services and ensure total guest satisfaction. I have addressed your concerns to the Executive Housekeeper in order for the staff to be re-trained to ensure the problems you encountered do not happen again.

I would like to thank you again for your comments. I hope you will give Zambezi Sun another chance in the future.

Kind Regards

Nisha MacDougall
Hotel Manager Zambezi Sun
nisha.macdougall@suninternational.com
Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Zambezi Sun is the only hotel with walking distance to the Falls. It's located inside the game park, so as you drive out in the morning the chances that you will see Giraffes on the road side. Zebras and other small wild life will be a usual seen and you will be walking pass them all the time inside the hotel premises. The food is good, rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and service is superb. Another jewel where you have to spend at least one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KK_traveler2013
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

As a part of our travel we spent tree night at the Zambezi sun resort. And of course, dinner was consumed In the restaurant. But instead of a menu card, there was a buffet. No choice and when you a hungry we tried it.
And the next day we walked down to watch the Victoria water fall. What a view , and with only 1/3 of the Fall, one could imagine what a view when the waterfall has been loaded.
Ón the Way back we chose a different path. We passed a building that looked like a gallery. but it turned out to be the hidden treasure. It was a restaurant with a menu card. And what a card. And what a staff in the kitchen, and in the restaurant. We highly recommend a visit. The name of the restaurant is Squires.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Agner P
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed for a few nights recently and really enjoyed the grounds and swimming pool, zebra and impala in the grounds amazing . We were greeted by some local dancers on arrival and staff were friendly and helpful. The young lady in the Activity Centre was very helpful and Robbie who works for Wild Horizons who supplied our transfers went out of his way to help with a problem we encountered at the airport. Breakfasts were great with some thing for everyone but I found the dinner buffet to be very expensive as we are not big eaters. The Squires grill was OK but their attempt at European food had some weird flavour combinations. Overall an acceptable hotel and access to Victoria falls was brilliant, went to Royal Livingstone Hotel on the shuttle bus for a sundowner overlooking the river and booked a helicopter flight over the falls at the hotel, also did the Falcon Safari Sunset Cruise which we booked online that was brilliant. The only thing that spoiled our stay here was the rude, unhelpful, overbearing attitude of the staff at Livingstone Airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the privilege to stay at the Zambezi Sun for 2 weeks in September. My experience is one I will cherish and remember forever. Not only is the resort magical, tranquil and utterly amazing with giraffes and zebra roaming around freely but the people I met who work in the Zambezi Sun are an absolute treasure and made my experience in Zambia truly wonderful.

I am Irish and we are told over and over how friendly we are but having spent two weeks in Zambia, I can safely say they are the Irish of Africa. Their warmth, friendliness and kindness did not go unnoticed. Having worked in hotels in America and Europe – it was clear to see the realness and honestly and genuine hospitality from the staff at the Zambezi Sun.

I want to make a special shout out to the following people I had the joy of meeting and I would like to thank you all for making my stay and entire holiday in Zambia one of the best holidays I have ever been on. So thank you to:
Webster, Trebbie, Chombe, Thomas, Stanley, Joseph, Michael, Disantos, Agnes, Brenda, Linos, Bartholomew, Moono, Morgan (Squires), Santa and Kelvin (Royal Livingstone) THANK YOU!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went here for two nights and I wasn't happy before I got to the hotel as reviews seemed to indicate it was an old hotel, and the price I thought was crazy at £180 per night. However that changed on the way to the hotel, as soon as I got in the complex I saw two giraffes, I then checked in and Zebra were just walking around. The amount of wildlife on these grounds is amazing and I think you need to stay there just for this. I saw giraffes, zebras, monkeys, lizards, antelopes. I even saw an elephant on the Zambezi when I was in the Royal Livingstone.

The Royal Livingstone is another reason to stay here as you have access to the 5 star hotel, the bar there is amazing, you think you'd be in British colonial times when you're there. I ate and drank most of the time in that complex, I also used the pool facilities there.

The rooms are basic and aren't great, but when you're in such amazing surroundings you shouldn't spend too much time in there anyway, and what's on the complex makes up for the relatively basic standard rooms.

The breakfast buffet was very good, lovely omelette and waffles freshly made for you.

You also get into the falls for free when you stay here.

A big downfall is i didn't see a shop on the hotel to buy water, snacks etc.

Room Tip: My individual ratings may not be high, but if you're only in the area for a day or two and not g...