“Delicious restaurant”
Review of Cafe Zambezi

Cafe Zambezi
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Livingstone
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat authentic Zambian and African food with the locals, enjoy Caribbean food including Jerk Chicken and Caribbean goat curry. Try our wood-fire pizza, gourmet burgers and extensive vegetarian options including our eggplant and haloumi burger. Get ready for the warm Livingstone hospitality and a good time in our candlelit leafy courtyard. Look out for our traditional dancing nights!! See you there!!
“Delicious restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

When you see this restaurant from the front it looks like a normal boring cafe but when you walk through to the courtyard at the back it was such a shock now nice it was. The restaurant serves all sorts of different food from pizza to crocodile to caterpillars. (I recommend trying them all) The kitchen is pretty much a huge bbq and a pizza over! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect! It looks so understated from the front it must put people off but its definitely worth a visit. Also the staff are really helpful and kind!

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“Ok, but not a top choice”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Nice setting, good food, good location, friendly staff but a lot of flies around and that is somewhat doubtfull at a restaurant

Visited January 2014
CafeZambezi, Manager at Cafe Zambezi, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear carolineenwillem,
Thanks for leaving us a review and we are glad to hear you liked our central location and great food, after all that is what its all about. I am sorry that the flies bothered you, as anyone from Livingstone will tell you, during the summer days in mango season the flies are about!! We do everything we can to control it, with regular spraying and traps during this time of year. However as we have alfresco dining and a lovely big old mango tree in the middle of the restaurant we cannot completely eliminate them when the sweet smelling blossoms and fruit are in season. Makes for good fresh fruit smoothies though!!
Hope to welcome you back in the future, enjoy your travels!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Exactly what I was hoping for in Livingstone”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wow, just returned from eating at Cafe Zambezi and what a meal. Had the mopani worm (yuck by the very nature, but on my 2nd try, the best so far!!!!) crocodile ribs an absolute must.

The atmosphere was exactly what we were after. Excellent service and great value for money!

I would definitely return. Sprayed myself with a good a,out if mosquito repellant as per previous post and had

• Visited January 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Food, Horrible mosquitos”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I ate at this restaurant 4-5 times over the month of December. The food is prepared well, very tasty, and large portions. They also have a live dance show on certain nights of the week that I would recommend seeing. The issue...mosquitos, they should fumigate, the first evening I left looking like I had the chicken pox on my legs I had so many bites, after that I sprayed myself heavily and worse leggings and long sleeves.

Visited January 2014
American Canyon, California
“Great food, must dine here if near Victoria Falls”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you want a taste of the local experience with ambiance than come to Cafe Zambezi. Don't be fooled by the front of the restaurant, go all the way in the back. The staff was friendly and attentive. There is a variety of food to choose from. There were six in our party and there were no complaints. The only complaint was that we unfortunately passed on this restaurant the night before. The seating in the outdoor patio is nice. Even though it rained shortly thereafter, we moved to the seating covered within the patio. All the meat and vegetable dishes were excellent. The price you pay is very good for what you get. We left a nice tip. This is the place to go in Livingstone, Zambia.

• Visited December 2013