“Best resturant ”
Review of Cafe Zambezi

Cafe Zambezi
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Livingstone
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat authentic Zambian and African food with the locals, enjoy Caribbean food including Jerk Chicken and Caribbean goat curry. Try our wood-fire pizza, gourmet burgers and extensive vegetarian options including our eggplant and haloumi burger. Get ready for the warm Livingstone hospitality and a good time in our candlelit leafy courtyard. Look out for our traditional dancing nights!! See you there!!
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I visit livingstone quiet so often because my family is there ....we always go to Zambezi cafe because their food is amazing.if you are in livingstone go to that resturant.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were a group of 16 people that had booked a table in advance. We got seated outside and due to wind the candles blew off.
We waited over 1,5hours for the starters. Then another 45min for the main course. The food was partly cold, the french fries WAY too greasy and due to no light we had to get our torches out to see what we were eating.

Was very disappointed by the whole experience.

CafeZambezi, Manager at Cafe Zambezi, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. First of all I would like to appologise that you did not enjoy your experience, we rely on customer feedback to improve and assure you your comments have been taken seriously. The night your group came there was a black out in the area, something beyond our control which unfortunately contributed to some of the problems that evening. When the power goes out our kitchen gets slowed down especially on busy nights, such as the one you came on. Our fryers are down, so we must then use frying pans on charcoal or the gas stove which do not get as hot as the electric fryers which is why your chips may have been a bit greasy and your starters delayed. However it is still unacceptable that you waited and the food quality was not high. This disappoints us a lot as we strive for quality. As a result we are currently looking into investing in gas fryers or a power generator so we have a back up when power is out.
We have also fixed the problem of candles blowing out since your visit with covers for our candle holders so there will still be sufficient light when the power is out.
Once again I appologise for your experience and hope to welcome you back one day for a much better meal.
Happy travels.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were in Livingstone for a week visiting my brother,
Most nights we would pop into Cafe Zambezi for a few well earned Mosi’s !
We found the place to be well run, staff couldn’t do enough to make the experience as pleasant as possible!
The food was sampled and found to be as good as other reviewers have said
We had croc bites that went down a treat (first for a few of us) the pizza and Pork chops were also sampled and found to be really tasty!
On my last day I asked about t-shirts for sale, there was none available but low and behold the owner got on the phone to the printers and 1 hour later I had mt Cafe Zambezi T-shirt (great service )
Will definitely be back don’t change much guys as you seem to be doing just fine.
Thanks for your hospitality .

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited here on Zambian Independence celebration. A fantastic restaurant probably the best in town.The food was amazing,we tried the crocodile bites followed by the ribs. Also had a taste of the caterpillars which were interesting. The carribean pizza was tasty . We loved it so much that we returned again.They also had a live music which made it very entertaining. Service was excellent. Highly recommneded

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I`m currently staying in Livingstone for a year and have been to this place 3 times. The atmosphere is nice and the food is good. I was there with 3 friends and we were the only one in the whole restaurant, we were hungry and want to eat fast and order 2 pizzas. It took then over 1 hour to make it. The pizza was good, but still the service and time was below my expectation.
So I went 2 other times just to check if it was a one occasion incident, but the same thing happened both times. There are so many other places in Livingstone who has faster and also better food and better service. The food here is still good and I will try it again but they need to work on the service.