“Must Experience”
Review of Cafe Zambezi

Cafe Zambezi
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Livingstone
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eat authentic Zambian and African food with the locals, enjoy Caribbean food including Jerk Chicken and Caribbean goat curry. Try our wood-fire pizza, gourmet burgers and extensive vegetarian options including our eggplant and haloumi burger. Get ready for the warm Livingstone hospitality and a good time in our candlelit leafy courtyard. Look out for our traditional dancing nights!! See you there!!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A seedy looking front belies the quality of this restaurant. Really god food, local and quality cooked and presented. Staff helpful and attentive, nothing too much trouble. Zamtime applies. So no good if you are in a hurry and take the tables in towards the back where the room opens up and in the right aether you get the breeze and the benefit of the massive tree. The real bonus is that in the evenings the music is local, traditional and the singers are tremendous. This makes the evening and there is none of the plastic audio tunes rubbish that is constantly pumped out around other places. You will love it for its atmosphere alone but the food is brilliant too. Had the croc skewers mmmmm!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place is one of the most cosy one of Livingstone. My advice will be to ask to sit behind the restaurant, in the cute little garden. You have the feeling to be somewhere else in the world & the waiters are really nice! Don't look at the bathroom if you're not used to zambian bathroom! A part from that, it is the place to be there! :)
PS : I had only some drinks there so I can't judge the food, but I think food is great!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a nice place to eat and watch a magic traditional Zambian dance show performed by Livingstone Joy!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ate at this cafe based on reviews of other tripadvisor patrons and was not disappointed. The crocodile on the skewer was excellent as well as the steak. Some of our group had pizza and really enjoyed it. Prices were very reasonable and a great atmosphere. We enjoyed it so much we returned for an encore.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a delicious dinner at Cafe Zambezi with 3 Zambian colleagues yesterday and they were all raving about it, perhaps even more than I was. You know you have got it right when Zambians are raving about the nshima, the portion sizes and the value. Great atmosphere sitting under a tree in the back garden, with local art work on the walls and candlelit tables. My colleagues were quite suspicious of letting me choose the restaurant, but the Cafe Zambezi won me big points. And the crocodile skewer was delicious and creative!