“Friendly but dirty”

Livingstone Backpackers
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I came to Livingstone Backpackers for the second time, but I wish I didn't.
My first experience, in September, was ok. Not great, but it was ok. This time, I just stayed for one night (compared to 3 last time). It was just a place to crash after a night out, so checked in in the evening and went out with my friend. Spent the night, and the following day I had bites all over my side, and my friend had also some bug bites. Obviously the beds were not as clean as I wanted them to be.
I'm never picky, but next time, I will try another backpacker place in Livingstone.

The good things about LB, is the friendly staff. Never had any problems with them, and they always help us out on activities we want to do.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Livingstone Backpackers

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friends for a week in September and we had a fantastic time! There was four of us so we had a dorm which was small but manageable. Shared toilets and showers were fine and always clean. The staff were really friendly and willing to help. There is a bar which is pretty quiet in the week but is huge fun at the weekends.
We booked all our trips through LBP and we had an amazing time.
The pool area is brilliant with loads of comfy sunbeds and sofas. Just a great place to chill out. There is a shared kitchen area which is pretty good and a fridge which gets a bit stinky but to be expected! Would definitely recommend staying here whether a lone traveller or a group - Backpackers has a great vibe, we met so many lovely people there.

• Stayed: September 2013
Dawn S, General Manager at Livingstone Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for your review, we'll take a look at that fridge! Safe travels ..

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The staff were wonderful, freindly and unbleivebly helful. great location great price great exprience. i was in a tent and it was a bit noisy during the weekend nights but overall awesome place. highly recomend

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank yona h

Thank you so much for your review, look forward to seeing you again some day!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here a few times in May and June 2013. The location is nice, right in the middle of town. The property is very beautiful, with a big pool, many nice little spots to lounge, and a very friendly dog. In the two times I visited, it seemed like the other guests were mainly groups (volunteers or travellers), and very few solo travellers (like me).
The dorm rooms have only four beds, but they are quite small so making space for everyone's luggage is a challenge. The bar is very lively, but also very close to the rooms so if you don't want to join the party you'll have a difficult time sleeping. They have a nice range of breakfasts, but unfortunately don't do any lunch or dinner. The showers are a bit few and don't have any hooks for your clothes and towel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Friendly people, nice place, excelent location to stay when you visit Victoria Falls. Also staff was really helpful to attend my requests.
My room was very close to the bar/pool area, and from 9 to 11pm the music volume was too high, the same way I was too tired I was able to sleep the same.
Toilets and showers are ok, rooms are just ok. May be in the future they could include some furniture, a little table, or something... but really there isn't too much space available when four persons stay in the same room.

Room Tip: Choose a room as far as you can from the bar/pool area, in the nights that place is too noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

spent a few nights in livingstone Backpackers in january 2013, and I have to say I wasn't happy whatsoever. choose this one because of good reviews on trip advisor and I felt framed a bit. They are advertising 5 USD transfer to Vic Falls on their webpage, but instead "just take a taxi for 10USD one way". (sometimes taxi drivers want to charge You even more). rooms pretty basic, no mosquito net, no fan, bathrooms really run down - during my stay, one out of two showers in the main building didn't have a shower head, water was just pouring down from the pipe..
for the infos on going to Botswana, some visa questions etc I was send to Jollyboys. I was told I can pay by credit card but the terminal was broken, so had to walk to the nearest working ATM (Barclays about 5/10 mins). there was a lot of staff working in Livingstone Backpackers, but every time I wanted something there was no one in the reception (it took about 10 minutes someone came to check me in..)
nice bar area, very loud loud music at the evenings thou - avoid rooms nearby.
overall - I didn't like the place, not a good service (I know is cheap), dirty swimming pool, wrong infos on the web.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Karen & I had a fantastic time while staying at Livingstone Backpackers. Nothing was too much trouble for Dawn and her team. The food was very good and there was plenty of it at a very reasonable price. Great pool, climbing wall, hot tub and well stocked bar. Great cooking facilities as well as close by to local restaurants. Booked all out trips here as well and they were all value for money. Highly recommend white water rafting and the booze cruise - tho not at the same time!! Fantastic value, definitely stay here next time we are in Zambia - 2014 hopefully!! Tony & Karen XX

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple