“Absolute Gem!”

and 1 more site!
Tabonina Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 37 Livingstone B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the Tabonina with a friend for 3 nights and it was probably my favourite accomodation on my entire trip through East and South Africa! We stayed in the chalet, which was lovely right from the carved door on your entrance through to the spacious room that gave us each our own little space. The chalet does not have air conditioning as there is space between the walls and thatched roof providing fresh, cool air! They have mesh all around the openings so bugs are not an issue. I loved listening to the sound of rain at night from our little chalet. The pool was right outside and a real treat after a day of activities, of which there are too many to choose from in Livingstone!

What really made the stay, however, was the wonderful hospitality from how host Laurent and all of the staff. We were met at the airport and before we new it, all of our activities were arranged and every need was met. I appreciated the friendly atmosphere of the guest house, but also appreciated the private and laid back feel of the place. I stated more than once that I would happily live in the chalet!

A light breakfast is included and I found it to be a perfect size/start to the day. You can upgrade your breakfast for a full cooked, english breakfast for a small cost but I did not try this. Looked good from what I saw but I can't eat that much in the morning! Thank you very much to our hosts! I hope to return one day and am recommending Tabonina to friends and family who may be in your neck of the woods!

Room Tip: The chalet was a great size, complete with small fridge, television and 2 queen beds. I loved the op...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place was wonderful. Good value for money, lovely grounds with swimming pool and bar area. The main house is cozy, rooms very clean and comfortable, continental breakfast lovely, and the staff and service so accommodating. Close to town but just far enough away to be quiet. Like most places in the area (due to how buildings and houses are constructed), you can hear most activity throughout the complex from the rooms themselves (and likely vice versa), which can make it difficult to sleep. But overall, I wouldn't hesitate to come back to this lovely little gem just outside of town. Great choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Myself and 4 friends recently spent time in Africa and three of our nights were spent here. The communication, service, and everything were amazing. The owner met us at the airport and brought a taxi since we had more people than his car could carry. They serve mango juice every morning that is from the mango tree on the property too. We had two rooms and they were both quite nice. Perfectly clean and well appointed. Don't expect 5 Star Resort Ameneties, but for the price it was beyond perfect. They can arrange anything from a trip to the falls or a helicopter ride, all the way down to finding a cab driver who can take you into the hidden reaches of town to find that perfect item that you just can't find in the mainstream markets downtown. If I'm ever back in that part of Africa, I'm going to make sure to stop by Livingstone, Zambia and stay here again. I would recommend this even above and beyond the $500-$1000 per night Ultra Luxury Resorts that are near the falls. If I want to be shut off from the world I can stay at the Hilton next to my house... to truly experience Africa and its people stay at Tabonina.

Room Tip: We had Room 1 and Room 2, the pool was right at our doorstep just past the tropical gardens. Quite l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and me stayed at Tabonina for 4 nights and were very pleased about the calmness, the friendly staff, the nice rooms and especially about Laurent. He was very obliging and always took care about the comfort of his guests. He can recommend and organize convenient activities or restaurants, whatever you would prefer. He drove us to a restaurant and to the airport, no doubt for him to support his guests if necessary.
We enjoyed the clean Pool after hot trips around or arduous activities which you can do a lot!
Tabonina is the right place for relaxing after that.
Breakfast could be a little bit more diversified, there is room for improvement ;-)
But nevertheless you will get worthwhile equivalence for your money in Tabonina, no doubt.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Decent sized rooms, clean and comfortable. Eager service and a very helpful owner who pays personal attention to each guest, completes the experience. Laurent, who runs the place with his wife, is happy to help you with your bookings, payments and whatever else you might need. The rooms are also very reasonably priced.

Only downsides- the lodge doesn't have a restaurant, and is situated a short distance away from the town square. However, we found that it didn't make us much of a difference, since we spent all our time doing activities, wherein pick up and drop off were usually included.

Room Tip: Ask for room no 1 if its available.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was the only guest staying on the day on arrival, so got very personalised treatment. The room I was given was clean and comfortable – perfectly acceptable. The pool area is a great place to relax after a safari. Breakfast was served to me by the pool at 6am before I went on the Rhino safari, and was very good. Wifi is limited (but available)due to restrictions on the Zambia network.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A380fan
Tabonina, Owner at Tabonina Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you liked the room you had chosen and booked. One precision regarding Wifi access, it is not limited as such — in fact it is available all the time —, but we do ask our guests to use it wisely and moderately. We want to keep it free!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Tabonina Guesthouse is a great place to stay. Very friendly, clean, affordable and comfortable B&B guesthouse within walking distance from town centre. It has a swimming pool, pretty garden, aircon and the staff are very helpful. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo