“Victoria Falls Up Close & Personal thru Microlight”
Review of Batoka Sky

Batoka Sky
Ranked #2 of 35 Tours in Livingstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Batoka Sky has been active in the aviation industry since 1993 and is the only aviation operator in Zambia that is licensed to operate helicopter, fixed wing and micro lights. Due to the close proximity of Maramba Aerodrome to the Victoria Falls, our aircraft are within half-a-minute reach of the Zambezi river. The surrounding National Parks ensure a host of exciting game sightings, and shortly after take off you can be enjoying breathtaking views as you circle over the magnificent Victoria Falls. Our flights can be combined with many of the other adventure activities in Livingstone, offering good value for money.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The best 15 mins flight of my life as the microlight enabled me to view the entire Victoria Falls from above and closer than any other options. The pilot was very experienced and knowledgeable about the area as he explained the formation of the river gorges and the falls while we were flying. We got to see crocs and elephants bathing as well. Do get the CD full of pics as it worths every penny ($20).

There are newer reviews for Batoka Sky

Reviewed May 22, 2013

best view of the falls, but maybe not for the faint of heart. you are behind the pilot and there is not much around you but the view is 360 degree and it was worth every penny. My pilot was from Germany, did not rush and explained it all and even took the time to loop around certain places twice, thank you heiko

1  Thank swissworld
Reviewed May 22, 2013

wow this is the best view one can get of vic falls. it was a fantastic ride with my german pilot Heiko.
I could have not ask for more, it was just that perfect. They did run late and we waited around but then again this is Africa

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had to take one of this flights to really see the Falls and it was very nice. They picked us up for the 7:00 am flight and we didn't have to wait that much. Probably 20 minutes at the most. It was booked by my husband like the rest of the trip so I didn't know much other than it was going to be a 30 minute flight. Better not to remember the name of the pilot because he just said the basics and not a lot and he started saying well time to go back. Then I said but it was pay for 30 minutes and he said really? So he took me over the park and point some animals and up the river instead of going back to the Falls...My husband had a very different story and much better experience because he had a very friendly pilot that took him more times over the falls, explained him a lot of things and even let him drive the microlight and less time up the river and looking for animals...oh well...that sucks...I realized that it was like that i minivan on our way back to the Hotel...so expensive for a 5 minute flight over the falls...
Make sure that you pilot knows what you pay for!!
It is a VERY EXPENSIVE thing to do so make sure of that. The souvenirs were pricey at their gift shop and it was an OK service.
You can not take your camera, for safety reasons, I guess...but can buy a DVD with pictures of your flight for $20 dollars. That should be included with the price that they charge though.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We booked our microlighting trip two days in advance. We were told to be ready for pickup at 7:30am. We arrive at Batoka Sky and proceed to do nothing for the next hour since they were backed up. After an hour we were told that the wind had picked up and they couldn't do any more flights and would we like to instead change to a helicopter ride. We decided to rebook for the next morning. The next morning, luckily after only waiting 45 minutes we experienced the amazing views and incredibly experience that only microlighting can offer. I would recommend that you only do microlighting if you don't have a tight schedule and if necessary can come back another day. Book as early an appointment as possible to avoid the wind ruining your turn. Botoka Sky could do a better job managing the flow of people and should let people know that they won't actually be able to depart at their scheduled booking time.