“Extreme exhilaration 1000% recommended!”
Review of Devil's Pool

and up
Small-Group Devil's Pool and Livingstone Island Tour
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Livingstone
More attraction details
Owner description: There is very little information about this attraction, and it has been listed as an internet hoax, but it is a genuine attraction and it is accessible through the company 'Tongabezi' at the Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have NEVER had a more exhilarating experience in my life! The guides were amazing, to start. The swim across the Zambezi was a total rush, but NOTHING can compare with the experience of looking over the edge of the falls.

I'm petrified of heights and not a very strong swimmer, but someone suggested we go swim in the Devil's Pool. At first glance on the internet my gut reaction was "hell no!!" I'm so extremely grateful that I decided to push my limits. There has not been a single experience in my life that has been more wondrous than being on the edge of the Victoria Falls. You really get to appreciate how small we are and how awesome our world is. (sounds cheesy, I know)

The little love nibbles my legs got from the fish made it even more special.

I HIGHLY recommend this to EVERYONE visiting Livingstone in the "dry" season. We were there in November and the conditions were perfect.

I almost forgot to mention the quaint little "loo with a view". Brilliant!

Stephen Hunt said it best... 'If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much space."

6  Thank OrielCarolin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Boat trip to the island is great, specially if you are on the late afternoon trip. With sun stetting down over the river, pool itself is great experience, you MUST jump in to it, it feel like you are about to fly over the ledge.We saw herd of elephants swimming across the river. If you can take waterproof camera. Just do it!!!!!!

2  Thank drakonflyer
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was expecting a real buzz, a pull towards the edge, but it actually is like a whirl pool and contains you, View is awesome, I never took a waterproof phone urgh. Would do it again, maybe sneak with out a guide, but it is a well guarded are, between the two hotels, the Livingstone and Zambezi. But 100% bucket list for people

3  Thank Scorpio139
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I visited Devil's Pool a couple of years ago with my husband. It's the scariest and most exciting thing I've ever done. As a previous reviewer said, it's not for the faint hearted. We had no idea what to expect and if we'd known I'm not sure I'd have done it. But I'm very glad I did. Wonderful experience.

1  Thank M and M
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I didn't believe our travel agent when she said we were going to Devil's pool and bring a swimsuit. What an adventure. When we first started the walk on the small island I thought that was it. But no, we then jumped in the Zambesi and headed for the Falls. Then we climb out of the water and the guide jumps in and reappears at the edge of the Falls and says OK - Your Turn! I thought he was crazy but our group of 6 each took the dare and jumped in. You can't believe the sensation of knowing that you did this. The guide catches you and helps you sit on this small ledge - right on the edge. FANTASTIC! Our next scheduled activity was a helicopter ride over the Falls. That's when you really realize how crazy you are! If you get the chance - DO IT- you won't regret it. (Our actual vacation was 2011)

1  Thank Alice S