The hotel is beautifully sited with wonderful views. It's awe-inspiring to watch elephants swimming across the Zambezi early in the morning whilst swimming in the hotel pool myself. We were with friends from the UK, it being Janice's dream to have her 60th birthday at Victoria Falls. Being just before the rainy season, the falls weren't as spectacular as when we saw them 10 years ago in February. The helicopter flip was incredible and a first for me. The bonus of low water is Devil's Pool. What an experience. A real highlight is the bicycle tour run by the Cowboy Bicycle Safari team. All the proceeds go to the Local Cowboy Pre-School and Primary School fund. You cycle through villages, visit the market and of course the school whilst still enjoying quite a challenging ride on dirt and sandy rides. The only downside for me was the poor choice of vegetarian food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge offers visitors a restaurant, bar, conference facilities, suitable to cater for large groups and the individual traveler, with a variety of safari excursions and activities in and around the falls. The lodge consists of 77 rooms, all en-suite, of which 5 are suites and 2 rooms accommodate the differently abled comfortably. All rooms look out over the Mighty Zambezi and a leisurely sun downer can be enjoyed from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Lodge And Spa
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Livingstone