Our daughter and son-in-law chose this venue for their wedding in May. When we first saw the hotel our jaws dropped open, it is SO beautiful and the view of the Zambezi is amazing. Having said that, it is very close to Livingstone town and the Falls, unlike some of the other lodges which can involve a lengthy drive to get anywhere. We stayed three nights at the hotel, whilst other members of our family stayed up to a week and made the most of all that Livingstone has to offer. All the wedding party guests were accommodated in rooms in one area of the hotel which made things much easier for us all. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed with splendid views of the river. The monkeys were a bit of a nuisance if the balcony doors were not closed on leaving the room, but we were warned in advance by the staff to be careful about this. The wedding was perfect, with the ceremony held on a quiet grassy bank of the river away from the main hotel area, then post-ceremony drinks/speeches on a deck overlooking the Zambezi as the sun was setting over the river, and the spray of Victoria Falls could be seen in the background. Dinner (divine!) was served on the main dining deck which we had been allowed to decorate as our daughter wanted. The details were all managed to perfection by Robert, who ensured that everything ran to plan behind the scenes, leaving us to enjoy the day totally. To sum up the day: simple, stunning, romantic!! We could have happily stayed on to enjoy the hotel for much longer, but we had plans to move on to Chobe for a short safari with family. We have the most wonderful memories of the David Livingstone and will definitely return on our next trip to Zambia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge offers visitors a restaurant, bar, conference facilities, suitable to cater for large groups and the individual traveler, with a variety of safari excursions and activities in and around the falls. The lodge consists of 77 rooms, all en-suite, of which 5 are suites and 2 rooms accommodate the differently abled comfortably. All rooms look out over the Mighty Zambezi and a leisurely sun downer can be enjoyed from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Lodge And Spa
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Livingstone