We stayed here for two nights at the end of a holiday through southern Africa. Our room was neat and tidy, located at the far end of the resort. Unfortunately, due to mosquitoes and the resident velvet monkeys, we were unable to open our balcony door to enjoy the river views but this can be expected when your hotel is inside a national park and on the banks of a river.
The food in the restaurant for dinner was delicious, as was lunch. The breakfast buffet had a variety of cereals, breads, fruit, cold meat, and omelettes/eggs made to order. The waiters were friendly and attentive.
The activities centre staff were helpful in confirming our pre-arranged activities and showed genuine regret when a miscommunication between some of the ground operators meant we were stranded at the Zambian border and had to walk across to the Zimbabwe side for our falls tour. This turned out to be a blessing however as we had the opportunity to take photos and enjoy the experience of walking between the two borders.
The sunset cruise was memorable with the opportunity to watch a herd of hippos playing in the river. Finger foods and drinks were served on board and all staff were friendly and attentive.
Whilst some people may find the resident monkeys a nuisance, we enjoyed watching their antics through the grounds.
At checkout, there was a slight error on our room account which was resolved quickly and without blame.
Both evenings we arrived back to our rooms to find our mosquito nets had been set up, fresh sweets placed on the table and our bed turned in for the night, which were nice touches.
Two free bottles of water are provided each day, and an in-room mini bar can be stocked upon request.
A free standing bath was in the bathroom and upon filling the water was brown, however once again, being in 'Africa' this didn't bother us at all. The only concern was that we were informed the water was safe to drink, which we did, and we didn't fall ill so there was no harm done.
All prices are quoted in the local currency however staff will readily convert to US dollars at your request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge offers visitors a restaurant, bar, conference facilities, suitable to cater for large groups and the individual traveler, with a variety of safari excursions and activities in and around the falls. The lodge consists of 77 rooms, all en-suite, of which 5 are suites and 2 rooms accommodate the differently abled comfortably. All rooms look out over the Mighty Zambezi and a leisurely sun downer can be enjoyed from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Lodge And Spa
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Livingstone