This hotel ticks nearly every box - Its location on the Zambezi river is perfect and the rooms were simply outstanding in comfort and quality. There's an 'activity centre' that will happily arrange excursions: game drives, lion encounter, elephants, river safari, helicopters and more. It has its own luxury boat that cruises the river 'all inclusive' for every night's sunset - You will see Hippo's, Crocs, Elephants and numerous exotic birds. The food could have been better - Buffets when the hotel was busy were disappointing, and the breakfast buffet isn't very substantial. Some of the staff seem a bit young and service isn't always as perfect as it could be (they did struggle with my English accent). There's a lovely pool and sun deck but the pool is ice cold in July and it would have been nice if it had been heated. These minor quibbles aside, We all had a superb time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The lodge offers visitors a restaurant, bar, conference facilities, suitable to cater for large groups and the individual traveler, with a variety of safari excursions and activities in and around the falls. The lodge consists of 77 rooms, all en-suite, of which 5 are suites and 2 rooms accommodate the differently abled comfortably. All rooms look out over the Mighty Zambezi and a leisurely sun downer can be enjoyed from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- David Livingstone Safari Lodge And Spa
- David Livingstone Safari Hotel Livingstone