Romana Resort & Spa
$73
$71
$50
  • Breakfast included
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa(Phan Thiet)
$89
$86
$71
$105
$76
All reviewsprivate poolshort drivemui nemain poolfree tenniscleaned every morningfluent in englishseparate bedroomsfood for breakfastcharming hotelshuttle busstrong waveswestern stylesleeper busocean viewnice stayrelaxing holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Tuesday, meaning giving the resort a day to clean up after weekend, but all resort remained unclean since we came: dirty pools (both private and public), slow F&B service (food prepared too long, cooked with too much oil in every dish I ordered, staff left us having lunch with all rubbish underneath), staff unwilling to answer guests' questions, frozen faces from staff), a lot of in-room stuff not working properly, room service dirty plates & linen in front of the villa for hours after my arrival (though complaints had been made several times earlier). In conclusion, staff not bothering what guests asked for since they were too tired from the last weekend (perhaps)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Vincent_NHL
RomanaResortSpa, Director of Sales at Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Mr. L-H-Nguyen,

Thank you so much for your comment, we do appreciate it much.

We'll work with all concern department about all the mentioned things during your stay and get back to you soon. Please kindly give us your email and we'll get back to you.

Once again, We'd like to thank for staying with us last time and we do hope that we'll have another chance to welcoming you back for showing our hospitality.

Once, thanks & Best Regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The 3 bed Villa was almost the only available accommodation for a family of 5 in Mui Ne - & we liked the idea of a private pool - the 3 bedrooms though were individual rooms with individual keys & locks - my kids weren't happy to be sleeping in a room accessible to anyone by an outside staircase - so husband & I ended up sleeping separately with them.
Our view was gorgeous as we had the top Villa with uninterrupted views & the private pool was great but did have tiles missing.
We didn't really eat at the resort except b/fast which was pretty basic Western wise.
Location out of town didn't worry us as we happily caught the shuttle or taxi - & did many day trips out of Mui Ne.
Overall it was good & value for money but there are some newer resorts in Mui Ne that I would try next time instead.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank janesscott
Reviewed June 25, 2013

after some discussion with the reception they finally found a room from us, i was sure it was my fault for the misunderstanding about the booking. even after that they still helped us out. the view is amazing the room is great. the pool area is great. there is a restaurant down in the village that is a must visit. overall if i am ever back in mui ne i will stay here. enjoy vietnam the people are great as is the food and the country.

Room Tip: any room would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cchPhuket
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked two pool villas for our family and they were very great. All the facilities (except for the gym) were great. And I love the pools there so much. We had one private pool, in which I could relax with my drink and watched the sunrise in every morning. There is one big pool on top of the hill, overseeing the great view of the sea.
My mom and my sister love walking on the beach nearby and enjoy the sun there. It is exclusive for guests staying here only, so it was clean and not crowded.
The meal was great and tasty.
The spa was ok, staffs are friendly in general.

Room Tip: I would prefer the one closer to the sea - for a greater view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darren_Le_Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked this hotel as a company group trip. What we didn't realize was how far away it was from the main strip. We normally stay at Saigon Mui Ne which is on e main strip and 4 stars. Romana resort also claimed to be 4 stars but I am not sure where they got their ratings from. Although the hotel and pool were clean, there were lots of things that were missed. The windows in the corridors didn't close properly, towels were frayed, walls were chipped and paint coming off. The restaurant was varied. Dinner in the evening was good (obviously a betterr chef at night than in the morning) however during breakfast time, food was left in the warm heat eg milk, pate, meats, mayo with no ice therefore became warm and dry. Who wants to eat cereal with warm milk? The yoghurts were out of date. Although there were many waiters no one ever came over to refill tea or coffee, you had to go up yourself - surely a 4 star hotel should offer this service. Even if I didn't know that there were better hotels in Mui Ne I still would not choose to stay here again

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business