“Truly paradise.”
Review of Coco Beach Resort

Coco Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have just enjoyed 8 wonderful days at this beautiful hotel. My husband, me and our two kids just loved every detail about this hotel. The location on the beach, the beautifully maintained gardens, the attention to detail; the perfect combination of laid back style with impeccable service makes this place paradise. We don't understand why it just has 3 stars, I can honestly say it deserves more. I highly recommend this place, already discussing our next stay. Thanks to the lovely staff!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank CJPersson
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear CJPersson,
Thank you so very much for the kind words used to describe your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your comments to all of our team, so they know they did make a difference...
Looking forwrd to your next visit, I take the opportunity to wish you, your family and all your loved ones a fantastic New Year !! With warmest regards. D.A.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was my husband and I's first time in Vietnam and Mui Ne and we had a wonderful 7 nights staying at Coco Beach Resort.

We were greeted with a cool welcome drink when we arrived, check-in was fast and efficient and the staff were very friendly and inviting.

Our beachside bungalow (28 steps to the water) was spacious, clean and nicely furnished. We didn't miss having a tv at all.

Lunch at the Paradise Beach Club was delicious as was breakfast every morning. Also, had to have the Chicken Sandwich from the beach bar every day which I fell in love with as my husband did with the club sandwich.

It is truly a wonderful place for couples and families and can't wait to stay there again.

Thanks Coco Beach for a wonderfull week. See you again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosa11969
danvn06, General Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Rosa11969,
Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We are very proud to have made your stay at Coco Beach a pleasant experience and we do hope to welcome you again soon in our little corner of paradise. Kindest regards. D.A.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to coco beach for my birthday it was amazing. When we got to the restaurant there were flowers on our table and there was a delicious cake. They also
gave me a coco beach hat and it's a really nice hat as well !!!

Room Tip: You can't really chose a room but they all are really good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hayley H
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Hayley H,
Thank you very much for your very nice review of Coco Beach. Once again, a very happy birthday to you sweetie !! I hope to see you and your parents again very soon to your little corner of paradise !!
D.A.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We absolutely loved Coco beach resort. We stayed in 1819 which was beach front - it was really nice to sit on the porch and watch/listen to the waves. The food in the restaurant was really good, especially breakfast. The beach and the pool are so close, the kids easily went back and forth. We spent an evening in the bar area and had the place to ourselves which was fun. The room had AC which was nice but in the master room the AC dripped on your head while you were sleeping:-)

Hopefully Mui Ne gets and airport and we can come back, th drive from HCMC was 5 hours.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear worldwidetravel2,
Thank you so much for the very nice review on your stay at Coco Beach. I am really sorry for the problem with the A/C leak, we could have repaired this very quickly though. As for an airport, it seems that works have started on an airstrip, to be completed by 2016. Hopefully, when finished, it will handle commercial flight very fast.
Hoping to have the pleasure of your - and your family's visit in a not too long future, I remain
With warmest regards. D.A.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed last weekend in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath, with living room, and awesome front porch, rite on the ocean, Very nice, very nice. Good breakfast, and good service, the resort is very spacious, lots of room, nice pool, and a great location on the Mui Ne beach strip. I have stayed here 10 years ago, and now last weekend, and its still awesome.
great place to relax on a very nice beach, best beach in Mui Ne!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 927feldman
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear 927feldman,
Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others.
I am also grateful for your return visit and I hope we will see you and your family again real soon to our little corner of paradise !! Best regards on behalf of the whole Coco Beach team. D.A.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here in April for 3 nights and we were very happy with our choice. The resort and its grounds are very beautiful and give you the images that you long for during the cold European winters!

The staff at the resort are very helpful and friendly, and seem to go above and beyond for everything you ask of them.

We had a beachfront bungalow and loved it! Couldn't have been happier - We would thorougly recommend this resort to anyone travelling to Mui Ne.

As with everything, there are a few areas for improvement and a few things to consider when booking Mui Ne:

1. The air conditioner in our room was not great. It seems that they have them on some sort of timer which I tried to over ride and it didn't work. It only ever got cool in the room, never cold. In fact, a few times we were lying outside the blankets to stay cool. The units look and seem old, for the price of the rooms these should be replaced considering how hot it is in Mui Ne

2. The restaurant where breakfast is served is very good, and we had dinner there and it is also very good...probably the best in Mui Ne to be honest. The only thing we noticed is that it seemed the chefs seemed to hover over the waitresses quite a bit...was no problem for us, but I can imagine it could be a bit intimidating for the waitresses as it seemed they were being constantly scrutinised. Also, this sounds a bit odd, but at breakfast there was too many staff standing in the way of the food and juice. I mean one morning they even asked how many pieces of butter I wanted from the tray (great service, maybe??) but I am able to get it myself from the dish thanks. Also when getting some juice, they were there offering to help, getting some toast again offering to help. It was very nice, but slightly overbearing.

3. Finally, this isn't about the hotel specifically, but they do benefit. This is probably the best beach in Mui Ne. If you go just to the left of the hotel the beach literally disappears during high tide and is also quite dirty with litter. Coco Beach cleans the beach and it is very wide and beautiful. If you're going to Mui Ne make sure you take this into account.

Finally, a bit about Mui Ne and the general area itself. It is a bit of a backpacker town, a bit of luxurious bungalows, a bit Russian, a bit English holiday maker....it doesn't seem to have a set identity and is trying to be all things to all people which doesn't always work. We also found most of the bars and restaurants empty whilst we were there.

It's a place to chill out and relax - which we enjoyed, and Coco Beach is probably the best place there to do it

Room Tip: Try and request a beachfront bungalow
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Msmikey
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Msmikey,
Than you so very much for choosing Coco Beach and for the very kind review you made on our little corner of paradise !
I am grateful for the comments as it is rare to have constructive suggestions given on a review.
I apologize for the over-zealous service at our restaurant, but, as you have noticed, we were having a training period for our service staff and I suppose it could be felt as a little bit overbearing in certain areas - we will correct this.
Also we are ending the season and will close in 3 weeks for our annual renovation and repairs program, I will make sure we take special care of the AC units in the rooms.
I agree with you also on your impression of Mui Ne as a destination: the last few years have seen a tremendous development of the area and some aspects need to be improved (such as the overall beach cleanliness), I know most of the resorts' operators are working hard on improving their beach-front. The authorities also work closely with the fishermen to educate them to avoid (or minimize) the littering. Thanking you again warmly for your kind words and hoping for the pleasure of your visiting Coco Beach again very soon. D.A.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just spent three nights at the Coco Beach resort Mui Ne. Wewere warmly greeted with cold towels and a welcome drink and friendly staff. We were soon escorted to our bungalow set off the ground and equipped with single beds, comfortable but not what we expected. We let it slide as not a biggy for us. Fresh beach and bath towels are provided each day and the grounds are well maintained by an excellent grounds staff. The wind howled each day whwich was good if you are a kite surfer but no good for beach sitting, but the pool was a good alternative. Food at the restaurant for one dinner and three breakfasts was very good. Other dining options and laundry facilities are everywhere in the street to provide variety.
Downers: no tissues provided in either the bathroom or the main living area; no tv or radio provided but free newspaper each day delivered; no tea or coffee making facilities provided and this is a biggy for us:-) Knowledge and use of English is a bit limited by staff.

Room Tip: I would suggest being back from the beach front to avoid the continual flapping noise from flags on...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgtgwh
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear sgtgwh,
Thank you so very much for your review and for taking the time to let us know your feelings about Coco Beach. You are absolutely right about the tissues and we will correct this immediately. We also receive more and more requests for coffee/tea making facilities and are in the process of getting our rooms equipped with these as well in the coming months. As for the lack of TV in the room, it has always been our philosophy that such a mundane artifact gets in the way of the total relaxation we aim to create. Hoping to get the pleasure of your visit again in a not too distant future, I remain
With kindest regards. D.A.