“Perfect”

Lotus Village Resort
Ranked #59 of 128 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spent 5 days here with my two daughters. We had a room on the ground floor with a verander overlooking the infinity pool and just a few steps from the beach. A very relaxing holiday. The breakfast was an amazing buffet almost breakfast lunch and supper rolled into one. The hotel was situated very centrally with easy access to all what was on offer in Muine. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The only drawback were the Mosquitos because the bathroom was open to the elements although very beautiful and stylish this did regularly open the door to the pests. Otherwise I cannot fault this hotel and I would reccomend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here and love atmosphere in there. But price for room very expensive and service not good too. A special thing, had alot of mosquito inside room :(
We cannot swim in the sea, this is very bad for me or someone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at Lotus Village and while the rooms and pools were lovely, the place left me less than satisfied. Outdoor bathrooms are a nice idea, but logistically had problems - bugs, heat, latches and an upstairs shower that drained into the downstairs shower...GROSS!
Service was POOR. On my third day I was approached while lounging in the pool and asked my room number by someone wearing street clothes, with no name tag or uniform. When I didn't tell this apparent stranger my room number I was told I would have to pay $5 to use the pool. At that point I guessed this woman was a hotel worker so I told her my room number. We bantered back and forth..."you pay", "I'm in room 64". This kept up until I finally asked her to get my passport from the safe. At this point she must have figured I was legit as she left me to my lounging.
Breakfast was mediocre, but they were not prepared for the volume of people. Had to wait for glasses, coffee, coffee cups, fruit, etc. just about every day. There were many 'issues' over our 4 day stay that on there own would have been easily ignored, but put them all together and service was poor. With no beach and the image of a well run resort, this place is not worth the money.
To top it off, I was double charged on my Visa. When I called them to straighten it out I was told I was wrong and that this didn't happen. My Visa statement says otherwise. Still in the process of getting that situation sorted out...wish me luck!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lotus Village resort is a true gem in Mui Ne. It is on the North end of the strip near Between KM 14-15. We stayed across the road from the ocean view rooms and it was pleasantly quiet. The rooms are perfectly set up, extremely clean and the staff does their best to accommodate the tons of quests that come to Mui Ne. The landscaping and gardening here truly shine. Water feature galore and two pools make this place well worth the money spent. Cyclo rentals can be arranged and pretty much anything else. The spa is of great value, Try the Thai massage if you are feeling a little tight. The Resort is in a great location for Km 14 Bo Ke seafood shack dining & the popular restaurant is very close & cheap too. The Pool that overlooks the ocean is completely posh with outside showers and adequate shaded zones. The beach itself is basically non existent and made of reinforced concrete and sand bags due to erosion. That means the swimming here is not the greatest. Also due to its close proximity to the seafood markets the water can be a little brown shall we say. The breakfast is of very high quality.

Room Tip: Stay across the street from the ocean for a quiet and more intimate experience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here on a busy Vietnamese holiday. It was one of the last places that had rooms. The hotel puts up an appearance of being nice and geared towards tourists, but peel back the facade and its another thing all together. The rooms are expensive for one. They boast these great outdoor bathrooms that end up being hot boxes where you get eaten alive by bugs. Plus the doors need to be kept shut and they have these crazy difficult latches on them that make walking from room to room a real pain. Whenever we need help with anything we are faced with staff that does not speak English well not can anticipate costumes needs. Trying to get an extra pool towel was like asking for their first child.

Lots of Vietnamese stayed here over the holiday which is fine. Overall they tend to travel in large groups with tons of children and they are not the quietest bunch. Thus this was not the most peaceful or private places to stay. I would look elsewhere for the amount of money we payed to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

You just have to avoid this so called resort at all cost. First and I am surprised nobody mentioned, there is no beach... This is the last resort on the road so all you get are chairs on a concrete wall which stop the whole place being flooded. Second, the water is extremely dirty at this location. I have been living for 20 years in Vietnam. I stayed at most hotels in Mui Ne, Vietnam seaside ans SEA other countries. This place is dirty, you get a very bad smell coming from the wc and of course all this contributes to the place being a favorite spot for mosquitoes... starving ones. Service is very bad and management has no meaning there. Any complaint, the owner just hides behind the pseudo manager who manages nothing but the cashier. I could tell you so much more... in short there are so many other places to stay for the very high rates this place is charging, why waste your money and your holiday?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Arthur N
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed on the beach side and what a paradise.
Rooms were spacious, lovely decks, amazing outdoor bathroom and very comfortable beds. All clean. Staff were very friendly and breakfast was fantastic. WiFi worked no problem. We really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple