Terracotta Resort
Anantara Mui Ne Resort(Phan Thiet)
$193
Ocean Vista(Phan Thiet)
$86
$69
Agoda.com
Mia Resort Mui Ne(Phan Thiet)
$113
$98
Agoda.com
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa(Phan Thiet)
$72
Travelocity
All reviewsthe grounds are beautifully maintainedrussian guestsperfect locationmui neocean viewbungalowbeachfacilitiesrelaxationcomfortvietnamese
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friend booked a deluxe hotel room for 2 nights at this resort. Overall it's a bit more expensive than other 4-star resorts in Mui Ne and the room is generally smaller. We tried asking to upgrade to bungalow for extra space but all were full. However, room facilities are very new and good quality. And customer service is well worth the premium on price.

The resort is well located in Mui Ne, near shops and a supermarket and some nice restaurants. Nonetheless, the area is not crowded; and the resort is still peaceful and relaxing. Everything is within walking distant if you enjoy walking and breathing the fresh air. I also noticed that there were a number of Russian/Western families and couples staying at this resort.

Breakfast buffet is very good for my standard. The restaurant serves both Vietnamese and Western dishes. It's all about the quality, not quantity, of choices. There is also a bar with live music performed by a Filipino band.

The swimming pool is located right next to the beach. The pool is average in size but water is very clean. There is also a jacuzzi, but you will need to request the pool staff to turn it on.

The spa and massage service is just so so in my opinion. Massage quality is not as nice as those I have tried in Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh City.

Room Tip: If you opt for garden view bungalows, try asking for the ones nearer to the swimming pool. Those units are also nearer to the beach, meaning more convenient if you want to swim either at the pool or in the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Andrew_THB
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We have just spent 4 nights at the Terracotta Resort and had a lovely stay here! Before decided to book this resort, we checked every resort there and a little bit concerned because this resort did not have beautiful photos that we saw in other resorts such as the Mia. However, we were happy when we got there because the resort is as big as we expected (4 stars) and the garden is very beautiful! This resort is located next to the Mia and the Cham Villa which looks very beautiful from outside too!
The staff is ok, not so friendly but it is fine as we just talked to them upon our check in and when we check out! The thing that we love about this place is the very beautiful garden from the gate to the beach, there are many flowers and they take good care of this place! The swimming pool is big enough to enjoy it and the beach is clean. Not so many guests there so we had our own seats on the beach! We also did not see crowded Russian like a review said! Of course, Mui Ne is place of Russian because Russian language is used for everything there even the TV remote controller language!
Food for breakfast is fine! Not much and we did not see any seafood there although this place is home to seafood but it is fine for breakfast!
Our room is spacious and it is not as luxury as we expected but it is fine and has lovely bathroom! You can check the picture of our bathroom attached here!
In general, this is a nice place and you will not regret!

Room Tip: - Book a Bungalow, not room in the main building! - Ask for a room which is far from the alley, otherwise, you will need to close your door all the time! - Book through a travel agent to get cheaper price
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hunny_dhl
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family chose this hotel based on tripadvisor's recommendation (being ranked #5). We have not tried this hotel although we have stayed in a few 4-5* hotels in Mui Ne in our past visits to the area. We thought we'd try something new hence why we ended up with Terracotta Resort. Called and booked a family room the day before. We were initially requesting for a Bungalow Beach View Room which always worked well with young families here in Vietnam. But since they did not have, my understanding was I was offerred a Bungalow Garden View instead for the same price as the Beach View, which I thought was a bit stiff but booking it last minute, I agreed to it.

The day of our checked in, I was told that what I was booked for was a family room which has a garden view but in main building. Furious I was at first, we took it anyway. Room 108 was pretty good and comfortably accommodated my family at the end.

The resort itself had a great size pool for adults and kids and the beach was good too. The grounds were well kept and there were even staff's cleaning their grounds fronting the beach so it was kept clean off litters. The facilities of the resort was good enough, they have a recreational room but mostly a reading area, had 2 billiard pools and a band area where they play at nights, no specific kids area or room to entertain the small kids or teeners. Although they had a painting area where kids and adults can paint their own terracotta at a very affordable prices.

Breakfast was good enough and they tried to cater for both Asian and European/ American pallettes.

I commend their ground staff (housekeeping/ garden/ bar/ kiosk/ bfast) always smiling and ready to help out. However... the receiving staff can do with training. When we checked in I questioned the room being allocated and they were not helpful nor trying to resolve, it was pretty much take it or leave approach. Then on the day of our check out, I requested for 30 mins extension and again they said no... it would have been okey if it was explained that "there is another family" checking in BUT the receptionist just abruptly said "No", and that if I wanted to stay another extra "You Pay".... - It was the first in Asia we have encountered quite rudeness...

The hotel would have been perfect as we loved the location being central and its facilities, eventhough they don't have everything, it is enough to make you feel comfortable and relaxed...however, with this said - we always believed that the forefront of the hotels, can either make or break a stay....

Room Tip: For Families- Room 108. Have 1 bedroom with queen size room and another queen size bed in the lounge. Both areas have tv and have plenty channels to enetertain the kids.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank moverskami
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family had the summer holiday here. The resort is so so. We booked the room by the agent so the price was cheaper than booked in the hotel- 60$/night. I think it isnot 4stars resort. It's better to be 3stars because some services are not perfect

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Chuppy_princess
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Terracotta is in a prime location directly on the beach and in the centre for restaurants and shops. The only downside was the preferential treatment given to russian guests.

Room Tip: pick a garden or beach bungalow as they are beautifully furnished and have a rain shower
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple