Terracotta Resort
Anantara Mui Ne Resort(Phan Thiet)
$171
$57
Agoda.com
$89
Hotel Website
Bamboo Village Beach Resort & Spa(Phan Thiet)
$77
$46
$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe grounds are beautifully maintainedrussian guestsperfect locationmui neocean viewbungalowbeachfacilitiesrelaxationcomfortvietnamese
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family chose this hotel based on tripadvisor's recommendation (being ranked #5). We have not tried this hotel although we have stayed in a few 4-5* hotels in Mui Ne in our past visits to the area. We thought we'd try something new hence why we ended up with Terracotta Resort. Called and booked a family room the day before. We were initially requesting for a Bungalow Beach View Room which always worked well with young families here in Vietnam. But since they did not have, my understanding was I was offerred a Bungalow Garden View instead for the same price as the Beach View, which I thought was a bit stiff but booking it last minute, I agreed to it.

The day of our checked in, I was told that what I was booked for was a family room which has a garden view but in main building. Furious I was at first, we took it anyway. Room 108 was pretty good and comfortably accommodated my family at the end.

The resort itself had a great size pool for adults and kids and the beach was good too. The grounds were well kept and there were even staff's cleaning their grounds fronting the beach so it was kept clean off litters. The facilities of the resort was good enough, they have a recreational room but mostly a reading area, had 2 billiard pools and a band area where they play at nights, no specific kids area or room to entertain the small kids or teeners. Although they had a painting area where kids and adults can paint their own terracotta at a very affordable prices.

Breakfast was good enough and they tried to cater for both Asian and European/ American pallettes.

I commend their ground staff (housekeeping/ garden/ bar/ kiosk/ bfast) always smiling and ready to help out. However... the receiving staff can do with training. When we checked in I questioned the room being allocated and they were not helpful nor trying to resolve, it was pretty much take it or leave approach. Then on the day of our check out, I requested for 30 mins extension and again they said no... it would have been okey if it was explained that "there is another family" checking in BUT the receptionist just abruptly said "No", and that if I wanted to stay another extra "You Pay".... - It was the first in Asia we have encountered quite rudeness...

The hotel would have been perfect as we loved the location being central and its facilities, eventhough they don't have everything, it is enough to make you feel comfortable and relaxed...however, with this said - we always believed that the forefront of the hotels, can either make or break a stay....

Room Tip: For Families- Room 108. Have 1 bedroom with queen size room and another queen size bed in the lounge. Both areas have tv and have plenty channels to enetertain the kids.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank moverskami
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Our family had the summer holiday here. The resort is so so. We booked the room by the agent so the price was cheaper than booked in the hotel- 60$/night. I think it isnot 4stars resort. It's better to be 3stars because some services are not perfect

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Chuppy_princess
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Terracotta is in a prime location directly on the beach and in the centre for restaurants and shops. The only downside was the preferential treatment given to russian guests.

Room Tip: pick a garden or beach bungalow as they are beautifully furnished and have a rain shower
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Mohnkuchen
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxation. Our room in the hotel section was spacious, clean and a very nice bathroom. The amenities in the room were very good including a very ample supply of toiletries in the bathroom.

The breakfast in the restaurant was excellent with some great choices. We found the staff in the restaurant very friendly with lots of smiles for us.

The pool and beach were excellent although at the pool some guests tended to "hog" the sun chairs.

In the 3 days we were at the resort we only heard one other guest who spoke English and when my wife went to the library to exchange her book there was not one book in English.

Meals and drinks at the resort were rather expensive but there are lots of restaurants close by to choose from. We had many of our meals at Do Ha restaurant across from the resort where the food and drinks very tasty and inexpensive and very friendly staff.

Only other suggestion is that if you are going from HCMC consider going first class on the train rather than the bus as the bus trip is horrendous and quite scary.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulscan1
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had a room for 2 nights at Mia Resort down the street (highly recommended!), and they were fully booked our 3rd night so we had to go to Terracotta. We had to pay almost double the price of Mia for a boring room with an awfully hard bed. Almost all the guests are russian, the staff speaks russian. They don't speak as much English, they would ask me questions in russian haha. When we first arrived, they asked us to sit for a moment. We sat for an hour waiting before finally asking when we could check in - they said not until 2 pm! It was hilarious! Lacking in a little common sense.
The restaurant is really awful and well overpriced. The breakfast is all right. I might be reviewing them more highly if I hadn't been to Mia first, they really set a standard. If you are an English speaker, look into Mia or one of the cheaper resorts first.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple