“Getting Around Da Nang and Surrounds”
Review of Da Nang

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Canberra, Australia
19 helpful votes
“Getting Around Da Nang and Surrounds”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled to Viet Nam (March 2013) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. One of the most pleasant places was Hoi An and surrounds and made more memorable by a wonderful man by the name of Shaun. Shaun is an excellent Ambassador for Viet Nam and the travel company he works for, which is Tam Singh Travel. I highly recommend Tam Singh Travel, nothing was to hard and any issues or concerns we had were quickly sorted.
My wife decided to try using a personal driver to travel about Viet Nam and compared prices with other options. We found that it was much cheaper to hire a personal driver than it was to go on organised tours.
On one of our trips out from Da Nang was to Me Son (Mee Sun), I wanted a photo of a Water Buff, Shaun knew where to get the best photo and I got it.
We asked for a seven seat car (SUV) so that we had plenty of room. Shaun, from Tam Singh Travel, was an excellent driver and our safety was always his prime concern, other than us having a great time and seeing the most of his country.
We also used Tam Singh Travel for a personal driver in Saigon, to take us to such places as the Mekong Delta and Long Tan.

Timbuktu, Mali
2 helpful votes
“BUDDHIST STATUE AND TEMPLE--AWESOME!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Found this place on a motorbike ride from Hoi An...What a pleasant surprise!! SUPERB VIEWS of the coastline from Da Nang all the way down to Hoi An. INCREDIBLE temple and a very beautiful job done on it by the Vietnamese. I am impressed, and I lived for a couple of years teaching on both Shikoku Japan (temple island) and Cheju Korea and this temple is magnificent. It BLEW MY MIND and I love the place! Such a spiritual location and a such a great job on the overall effect and it seems to capture a piece of the Vietnamese perspective and religious feeling. I was humbled and felt I knew the people's viewpoint better after my 2 trips to this place..can't wait to get back and see it again.....captures a piece of the soul of Vietnam....wonderful experience on a serendipitous journey....THANK YOU VIETNAM!...thank god I tore up my draft card in 1971 because I KNEW these people were more my friends than enemies..

Danang City
9 helpful votes
“The City for Tourism”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Danang is famous City in Vietnam. It is well organized by Government. Tourism is one of first priotity of Resident with helpful support.
Places to visit: Non Nuoc Beach, Han River, Green Island

Danang
2 helpful votes
“The good coastal city”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The city located between sea and mountain so it is good for long term relax.

Ottawa
“A shelter in the storm”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I was travelling through south east asia and went to Da Nang as a compromise between Hue and Hoi an. Instantly missed Saigon, Shanghai, Bankok and other amazing cities and wanted to leave until I stumbled upon Tam's Pub and Surf shop.

I met the proprieter (Tam), she of a million genuine smiles and a billion wonderful (and tragic) stories of growing up in vietnam during and after the war. She has two objectives, making sure her guests are taken care of, and reaching out to share her life story. Someone needs to write a book or make a movie of her experiences!

She drove me to Hoi an, found a tailor for me, dropped me off at a pub, negotiated prices for me and made sure I was fed. Most important, she regaled me with the fascinating stories and her amazing spirit.

She is incredible, and if you ever find yourself in Da Nang, go find Tam. Her spot is only two blocks from China beach! By far my most memorable experience while in Vietnam. She was for me, a true shelter in the storm.

Been to Da Nang? Share your experiences!

;