“Good Beach, close to marble mountains”

Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang
Ranked #37 of 262 Hotels in Da Nang
“Good Beach, close to marble mountains”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

not a bad spot, a little out of town.. which i liked. breakfast was below average , as was the room(ocean view)

it has 2 pools , so if the children are at one, you can go to the other for downtime.

food at the beach bar is well below par
wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
SBRDN, General Manager at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

I would like to say thank you very much for staying with us during your holiday and thank you so much for your even short but meaningful and valuable comment.

Thank you so much one more time for your constructive comment about our breakfast and we are looking forward to serve you again in the very near future with the better service,

Vatthanachai “Tony” Phipatthongpant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Having spent 18 days in Koh Samui we chose to relax here for 12 day before heading home, we chose a beach view deluxe villa which had 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms which was ideal for me my wife and son.
The villa was fine nothing too fancy in fact very basic but clean with good hot and cold water we had 2 of everything tv's mini bar you name it we had 2 the balcony was looking direct onto the beach as stated but our view was blocked by 3 large trees ? Then an un attended hedge this in my opinion killed the view totally and I spent little time sat outside in an evening because of this. During the day we spent most of our time at the beachside pool which looking at the photos is magical, unfortunately it's all looking a little bit tired, the sun beds are in need of some TLC and the poolside bar staff need a red bull to give them a lift, the beach is undoubtably stunning when fully dry, we had some great waves but again the life guards all too cautious to put the red flag up and ruin the only fun to be had, the Jetski is very old and in my opinion not worth hiring as it is very slow when passengers are taken - shame.
As I've read before we also went for a massage and although I could see staff walking around we were asked to return at 8 pm which didn't suit us at all maybe more staff needed as we received a 50% discount for staying more than 7 days so we would have indulged most days had we been able to just walk in or near enough.
Restaurant food again poor standard with very slow service, warm drinks are not pleasant and constant reminders for ice go unheard till the point you've drunk the warm beer anyway.
Shuttle bus to hoi an is great, they allow you to go early and come back late or even book it 1 way which is very good of the hotel.
So as much as I didn't hate this hotel it certainly had no wow factor in any part which is a shame as with the right people and a little money spent this could be a great hotel.

Dear our valued guest Martinberni,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for staying at Sandy Beach Resort Da Nang Viet Nam Managed by Centara.

I am happy when knowing that you are pleasant with our Villa. But the left things seem still need more concentration and freshness to meet your expectation.

So I acknowledge well your comment and we pay much more attention on this.

Thank you so much one more time for your constructive comment and we are looking forward to serve you again in the very near future with the better service,

HCM
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Came to Danag for a couple of days of golf. Standard rooms were sold out so we ended in Bungalos for $120/nt. I've lived Asia 25 years and this was NOT good value. 'Tired' resort maybe 3 star.

Wanted massage in the evening. Nobody available though the spa didn't actually look busy. Sat TV in my room was not working. 2 phone calls and an hour later it was fixed.

Staff are well meaning but as is common in Vietnam, not very proficient, and I speak Vietnamese.

Just not really impressed with anything. Oh there was decent free wifi but not from my room.

• Stayed August 2013
SBRDN, General Manager at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear our valued guest JedYod,

We acknowledge well your comment and that is really valuable for us. Yes, it is true that sometime our Spa is very busy so no receptionist at spa reception area. We recognize about this and will adjust very soon. It’s same with engineering staff to re-act slowly with no excuse will be accepted again. So we will try our best to keep smoothly much more.

Travelers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed there in July. Had planned for 2 nights but decided to extend 1 more night upon check-in. The request was apparently not captured in the system & the staff insisted that I MUST check out on the 3rd morning. When I appealed for help saying my flight was the following evening, I received just a flat NO. There was absolutely no attempt to help. I asked to speak with the manager but was told he was having a meeting. My request for him to call me (I've a local no) was completely ignored (even until now...). I checked out an hour later & checked in a much nicer, cleaner & friendlier Furama Resort.
Lesson learned: You pay what you get...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear our valued guest LiowSH,

Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank to you for your choosing and staying with us at Sandy Beach Resort Managed by Centara during your holiday in Da Nang, Vietnam.

It is my pleasure when receiving your constructive comment and I hope that you are happy during stay with us that why you want to extend stay. But sorry that we are fully booked on that day and we couldn’t have available room for your extend stay. Normally we try the best to give best service to our guests in same case to book other hotel but did not happen in your case. May I apologize for any misunderstanding with my staff on this matter.

So it seems the thing happened from misunderstanding from my staffs and I understand your feeling and apologize for that again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After a week stuffed full of amazing impressions and walking around all of Hanoi, we arrived at the Sandy Beach Resort and it was like paradise opened up in front of us. Excellent ginger welcome drink and for an extra 40 USD for 3 days we were upgraded to a deluxe room with a balcony. It was simply phenomenal. If you need some time to chill out, it doesn't get any better than this. We had the beach to ourselves. Hoi An is very close by and offers a great night out - excellent food there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nandersenx
SBRDN, General Manager at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear our valued guest Nandersenx,

Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank to you for your choosing and staying with us - Sandy Beach Resort Managed by Centara during your holiday in Da Nang, Vietnam and your very beautiful comment also.

It is my pleasure when receiving your great comment and when knowing that our customers are satisfied happily with our facilities and services. All of that encourages us a lot.

Thank you so much one more time for your comment and for sure that we will keep up doing our right job to bring better facilities & service to win your love one more time when you com back.

We are looking forward to serve you again in the very near future,

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at the Sandy Beach for 6 nights, in-between our stay in Hanoi and Saigon. Our accommodation was a Bungalow Garden View…..which also had a very nice side view of the sea. The standard of our accommodation was as a few previous reports have stated – maybe a little dated. However, cleanliness and comfort are far more important to me, and our bungalow was both clean and extremely comfortable. Every evening there was a knock on the door and we were offered fresh towels and chocolate 
The breakfast area in the morning was always busy – especially so, as we visited during the Vietnamese school holidays, therefore there were many families holidaying. However, we never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table. The quality and array of the breakfast buffet was very good, as was the omelette station.
My husband dived with Blue Coral (in Hoi An), 2 days out of the 6, and would heartedly recommend them. I spent my 6 days blissfully lazing on a sunbed on a very quiet, clean, unspoilt beach. I saw other holiday makers taking out the jetski, and playing beach football in the late afternoons. Lunch times were spent at the hotel’s beach bar. The lunch menu was varied and the food was of excellent quality, and whilst not as cheap as town prices….certainly not as expensive as some hotel prices.
It was whilst lunching one afternoon that we met Tony, the hotel Manager. He introduced himself to us, and asked for our opinion of the hotel. I myself have stayed at a couple of Centara hotels before; therefore I know of the standard that this chain meets. I can also appreciate that Tony and his team are working very hard to bring Sandy Beach to that standard. He informed me that at the moment the hotel is ‘Sandy Beach managed by Centara’, but as of 2014 it will become ‘Centara Sandy Beach’. All of the staff – from the pool attendants/life guard, bar and restaurant staff, and also the housekeeping staff – are a credit to the hotel….always smiling and eager to try their English – which may not be perfect English, but is certainly better than my Vietnamese.
The highlight of our stay at Sandy Beach was the ‘Vietnamese Market’ evening. Vouchers were purchased that could be exchanged for food and drink at the many food stations dotted around the gardens of the resort. In addition there was traditional Vietnamese music playing, Vietnamese dancers, and finally the duet that would usually play in the restaurant. It was a very enjoyable evening, especially when the duet encouraged holiday makers to dance and sing along.
A fantastic holiday and I look forward to returning to Sandy Bay, to see how this wonderful resort will evolve.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank StefEverill
SBRDN, General Manager at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear our valued guest StefEverill from United Kingdom,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for your choosing Sandy Beach Resort Managed by Centara during your holiday in Da Nang, Vietnam. Your great and beautiful comment did encourage me and the team so much happy to hear our customers are satisfied with our facilities and services. We will keep doing our right job and for creating much more activity such as Vietnamese Old Market for our valued guest like you.

Thank you so much one more time for your great love to our Resort and being sure that we will always keep going up for all in facilities, service and activities to win your love one more time when you com back.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your very kind comment,
We are looking forward to serve you again in the very near future,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

From the time we got there to the time we left the service could not fault we stayed in a villa so amazing will never forget the time we had there and the beach right outside our door the food was great and very cheap got all our tour booked though them and there is a bus that takes u anywhere for free

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dianna M
SBRDN, General Manager at Centara Sandy Beach Resort Danang, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Dianna,

On behalf of the Management, I would like to send you the sunny greeting from Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Da Nang Viet Nam Managed By Centara and a deep thank for your choosing and staying with us.
I am very happy when receiving your very warm and kind comment. It is a real gift to us actually. Thank you so much one more time for coming and staying with us at Sandy Beach Non Nuoc Resort Da Nang Viet Nam Managed By Centara. We hope to have chance serving you again very soon and wish you and your family Happiness, Health and Success.