“Beautiful beach, but...”

and up
Hoi An City Tour and Marble Mountain Full-Day
Ranked #6 of 68 things to do in Da Nang
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Beautiful beach was obvisiously and we liked it. However, all the restaurants where we had lunch were not good. It was similiar to local people, their English skills and services were really poor.
No warm welcome, no taking care, just asked for order and left us alone until paying the bill.
Enjoying the beach, you should but should be back to your hotel to eat something.

3  Thank Laura_Brown0807
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"nang"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2014

We were lucky enough to spend a week here for a conference.
The beach stretches off into the haze - it is so long that it is easy to find a quiet spot to chill out.
It can get busy around the public access points so spend a bit of time walking to get a space to yourself.
These public areas can be busy even at dawn - my attempt to see the sunrise was met with lots of locals walking and exercising in the morning cool air - with a few puzzled looks at the only tourist on the beach
The beach has surf patrols around those public access points - even at 6.30am. We saw some impressive surf and rip tides on some sections of the beach (including right outside our hotel), so take care swimming if the surf is high. When we were there large sections were closed for swimming due to the surf conditions, but the beach was still worth a visit.

4  Thank RothesayFamily0630
Reviewed December 4, 2014

After a week of rain a sunny afternoon on they beach was most welcome. The north end seems more developed. The south being less developed does not keen quaint it means construction. This whole work in progress reminds me of Miami beach.

2  Thank TopSunFun
Reviewed November 24, 2014

This beach was so quiet, beautiful, and peaceful. There were coconut trees and the water was warm over our feet. Absolutely no garbage on the shore and the way the sky lit the sand was incredible. In the distance we could see the glowing white buddha on the mountain and the drinks were fresh.

3  Thank MegalodonMHL
See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2014

The part I got to is the northern part (known as the My Khe Beach or China Beach) of this long, continuous beach along the Da Nang Bay, and I was surprised by the peacefulness of it (hardly anyone on the beach or in the water), and I don't know whether that was due to the time of day (was there at about 3 pm), but in any case, that tranquility made possible a nice walk on the beach which I'd like to point out also has a fairly wide "solid" sand part unlike some beaches like the one in Nha Trang which only has like a narrow strip of solid sand (and which by the way is also pretty crowded). Also being fairly clean with not much garbage to be seen along it and with gentle waves of no more than a foot or so high, the only thing I can't comment on about the Da Nang beach is the depth of the water since I didn't go into it, but it did seem the shallow part stretches out to a fair distance.

Can be seen at a distance to the north from this beach is Chua Linh Ung or Lady Buddha on the Son Tra Peninsula and also the round-shaped weather stations on the top of a high mountain if you care to look up, and at a distance to the south are the famous Marble Mountains (although I guess the Marble Mountains will be not so distant any more if you're far enough to the southern end of the beach).

I got off the motorcycle cab on the corner of Vo Nguyen Giap (the road that runs alongside the beach) and Vo Van Kiet (which connects directly with the Dragon Bridge or Cau Rong about a ten-minute walk to the west from the beach) where there's a little one-storey yellow building on the beachside promenade.

4  Thank Myo M