“$30 a night - awesome value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hoang Sa Hotel

Hoang Sa Hotel
Ranked #53 of 242 Hotels in Da Nang
Auckland
“$30 a night - awesome value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean, tidy and only $30
Aus a night for a superior room. Not right in the heart of danang but pretty easy to get a taxi.

Staff were helpful but were unable to supply plain milk for a cup of tea. Small issue really.

Would recommend for a cheap, clean place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jem_abs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Overall we were quite pleased with this place. The rooms we had were nice enough with cable TV, A/C, windows, minibar. The staff are very friendly but some have quite limited English - others are better though so if you wait a bit you can usually speak to someone. We did have a few awkward encounters when we couldn't make ourselves understood. We had 2 rooms booked for our group and although they originally booked us on different floors they were quite accommodating in switching them to next to each other.

Despite asking for asking for advice we had trouble finding any places nearby with English menus that also served vegetarian food. The streets nearby also feel a bit sketchy for walking around at night. Breakfast included tea and coffee plus either a Vietnamese soup (like pho) or eggs and bread. Even though we have been eating almost exclusively local food for the last week in Vietnam, we still had some trouble with the soup (stems on leaves, unidentified meat, strange herbs, average broth) so unless you're a local you may want to opt for the eggs and bread, which were good.

I would definitely consider staying here again but there are dozens of hotels around the area so look around.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard S
Azaiba, Masqat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights (in November) and had a very enjoyable time. It is in between the beach and the main city center. Walkable distance to both if you don't mind a little exercise. The staff is very friendly. Make sure you ask the staff on good local food recommendations, it will be for sure a good value and taste. We were lucky enough to have a staff member join us and take us to a local spot.

There were 3 of us and we had 3 single beds with lots of space for luggage in the room. We had 4 simple Vietnamese food dishes to choose from. We chose to stay in Danang because we were golfing near by, wanted to be near the beach, and wanted to eat fresh seafood. Overall the hotel was great and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ryan K
Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We are just about to leave Hoang Sa and we have had a great time here. Firstly the hotel its self is better than well maintained. Super clean rooms, the best shower we have had in Asia so far,modern bathroom, flat screen television with a good number of English speaking channels. We couldn't have asked for more in the way of facilities in the room.
Secondly, all the staff went out of their way to help us - nothing was too much to ask. From arranging taxis, motorbikes, ordering take-aways to providing local area information, we really felt looked after by Nam and her team. They really made our stay and even helped us to look for accommodation at our next destination.

If you are staying in Danang I would really recommend this hotel.
* I rated the swimming pool by mistake - there is no swimming pool at the hotel. But I was unable to remove the rating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sdavis1982
HCMC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stay here 2 days in Da Nang. Enjoyed our stay -- our room was large and clean, and the front desk staff were pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.
Really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again when we return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Pham T
Augerolles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Very close to the beach with super friendly staff. State of the art audio-/video system in the well decorated and spacious rooms. The breakfast is Vietnamese but the flexible staff will serve you a nice omelette on your request. This hotel will surprise you because of its high value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank krikkie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked six nights to stay at Hoang Sa Hotel through Agoda. I purposely called the hotel to confirm a day before arrival.
when l reached the hotel on the first day, the receptionist told me that they do not received my booking. what is the effort of reconfirmed?I try to explain to them my advanced booking confirmation but they were not only speak very little english, but having a very serious problem of understanding, it made our communication breakdown!
That was my sixth visits to Vietnam and I always booked the tour with hotel. I can't believe that the hotel staff try to arrange 'Private Tour' for me by charging me unacceptable value, even I keep emphasised that I wanted to go with group. My first Danang local tour was very bad, leaded by a no lisensce tour guide who can't speak well and understand english. Besides, he was unable to explain to me or answer my simple question for those places that we have visited. He picked me up from 9am and I return to hetel before 1pm. He mised out a lot of places that supposed included in the city tour. Finally, I had to cancelled all following days tour from the hotel as the hotel receptionist will continue to arrangeme the same tour leader and 'Private Tour' by charging me a high rate. I felt cheated and disappointed from their dishonesty.
The only thing I feel good which the room was clean and the restaurant staff was very friendly.
Anyone who want to stay in this place, you have to consider what is more important to you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo