“This is a must visit restaurant in Da Nang!”

Tam’s Pub and Surf Shop
Ranked #20 of 899 Restaurants in Da Nang
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Fortunately, I met Tam in 2004 on my first visit to Da Nang. As this is my 6th trip to Da Nang, I have stayed in touch with her over the years and wouldn't dream of visiting Da Nang without seeing Tam and eating at her restaurant. Her pub is located on a residential street near the beach, and though her restaurant is small and very basic, the hospitality and food are superb. Tam literally has the best burger in town, and she has a delicious veggie burger as well. Her fries are outstanding too. But don't think this is all she has to offer. Her spaghetti, omelets, pancakes, fried rice, noodle dishes, and smoothies (just to name a few) are all delicious., the portions are huge, and the prices are so cheap that you won't believe it. She can make anything you like vegetarian, and trust me it is all delicious. I read a review stating that she had a dog tied up at her place. This must have been a neighbor's dog. I can say with absolute certainty that Tam would NEVER do this as she loves animals. She also loves people and is a humanitarian to the poor of Vietnam. There is no doubt that she has lead a most interesting if not hair-raising life, and if at all possible please stay long enough to hear her tell her stories of going as a cook with the US Army convoys during the Vietnam War. You will be fascinated with her recitations as her English is good. I have heard many of her stories repeatedly over the years when at her restaurant with first-timers, and the stories never change. This is how I know that, though unbelievable, the historical metit of what she says is true. The jeep tours she offers are excellent, and surfboard and moto rentals are very reasonable as well. Have fun when you go, and be sure to tell her Alison says "hi!"

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I really dig Tam's. Portions are big and it is truly a home-cooked scene. Her burgers are massive and properly cooked and the spaghetti is huge and righteous. I haven't rented a board yet but I plan too.

1  Thank Unicornslayer
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had one night in Da Nang before we flew to Hanoi. We popped in here to get a simple dinner and it was great! Decent sized burgers and chips. If you're lucky Tam might sit down with you and regale you with stories about her business. Decor is quite charming, lots of old pictures on the wall. Great Vietnamese surf pub!

1  Thank S0phialb
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The best, bar none, burger in Asia. This place is a gem, and Tam is one of the most interesting Ladies I have ever met. I've visited her three times during my one week stay here, and plan on going back before leaving. If you have an opportunity to sit down and talk with her, you'll be absolutley floored by her life experiences. She also rents surfboars, scooters, and does jeep tours.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Tam is lovely :) we're living here at the moment, and we go here at least a few times a week. Burgers are delicious, the potato omelette is also good, and she rents motorbikes at a very fair price (I paid 1 million dong for a month).