“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast
Da Nang
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It had been a while since I visited Tam's Pub. Then, she served me some great banana pancakes with maple syrup. Today though I was there to find out how the Jeep Tours were going. After a few hours of catching up I was getting hungry. Tam asked me what I'd like. I said a chicken salad. Without another word and within fifteen minutes she brought me Caesar Salad with a very healthy portion of sliced chicken breast and home fries. The salad was topped with croutons and dressing. The chicken was tender and sliceable with the side of the fork. And all for 60,000 VND about 3 bucks.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank rb368370

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco
“Cheap scooter and surf board rental”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Surprising that it costs the same amount to rent a scooter as a surf board, each is $5/day! First time my husband went there in the afternoon and no one there spoke english. We came back later that night and Tam was there and we were able to rent a scooter easily.
We did not eat here.

• Visited March 2013
Vietnam
“not a good place”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

no service what so ever especially after what rave reviews that I read, would not go back or recommend to anyone

Visited March 2013
1 Thank rnh69
No Fixed Abode
“Great find - near the beach!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Tam's place is just a few blocks back from the famous Da Nang (China) Beach. Was recommended to visit by locals & was happy to have made the effort! I tried her famous burgers for lunch, which were the best I have tried in Asia! As I supped a few beers, a crowd of holidaying surfers came in to rent boards and hung around after adding to the atmosphere. Some fascinating old photos adorn the place and great stories from Tam are worth the visit alone. Also the place to book the Jeep Tours!

• Visited January 2013
“Excellent food with a side of Vietnamese history”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food here is wonderful (the claims of best burger in Vietnam might just be true), prices are decent, and portion sizes are large. We had the burger+fries (80k), fried fish (60k), and beers (11k each).

It is run solely by the owner, a super friendly grandma who has been feeding backpackers for decades. After she cooked our meal she sat down with us and amazed us with her stories of the Vietnam war and experiences growing up. Definitely come here on a slow night if you want a history lesson from a South Vietnamese perspective.

• Visited February 2013