“Popular place”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had a lovely lunch here. It doesn't look like much but don't let that put you off. I had the marinated beef (with ginger and garlic) done on the mini BBQ at the table. Delicious.They didn't have the other dish I wanted to try, so I had fresh squid cooked on hot stones which was also wonderful.

I tried to go back for the dinner the following evening but the place was jam packed, full of locals which is always a good sign but means I didn't get to try and more dishes :(

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Me and my wife came to Da Nang on a three night stay and was recommended this restaurant by another couple. Once you get past the shoddy exterior and interior, you are greeted by Binh, the owner, who advises what to pick from the menu as some dishes can be shocking to Westerners!
We went for the beef cooked in a clay pot, barbecued pork, chicken and frog legs, which bing delightfully cooked for us at our table with a mini charcoal BBQ!
All of this, washed down with beer came to around £10 for the both of us!
This place is awesome, you will be a fool not to visit it!

2  Thank Brunts1980
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ate here two nights in a row on the advice from Trip Advisor reviews. Have never sought out a restaurant in Asia before, preferring to wander past and stop. Did so this time after arguing with the wife about good food vs street food, the restaurants I had been taking the family to to the dodgy one that tried to rip us off in HCM that the wife had chosen. I am not sorry we stopped here.

As soon as we pulled up in the taxi we realised we were on a winner. The kids (11 & 13) both love Korean BBQ and anything to do with BBQing your own food and as soon as they saw the BBQ and the smoke rising from the restaurant we weren't going anywhere else.

The owner saw us and immediately sat us down and at all times during both evenings was very attentive to us and full of advice.

The menu was extensive but a little limiting to our Western palates but there was more than enough to satisfy. We had the standard chicken, beef, pork on the BBQ. Serves were small but considering the price of them we didn't have any problem ordering more than one. One dish we really enjoyed was the Squid on sleeping rocks, worth getting. The Banana flower salad was also quite good.

The atmosphere was magnificent and we all enjoyed it. The pace of the owner and staff was frenetic, they never stopped moving. My son was laughing at the amount of beer that was coming out with meals (a 24 pack came out several times for tables of 2 people and before the meals arrived). The smoke was sometimes overwhelming but smelt so great, added to the ambience and added to the experience. The noise of the patrons was very loud, very happy and very inviting. Both nights we were there we were the only Western people in the place which we enjoyed as well.

I ordered a couple of beers and softdrinks for the rest of the family. Our bill on the first night came to US$15 including drinks. Yep, $15, you can't get a single Subway meal for that in Aust.

We decided to go back the second night because we enjoyed it so much. The owner recognised us, sat us down and before he had even given us the menu had 2 beers and family of softdrinks at our table. The experience was exactly the same the night before.

We were determined to stuff ourselves this evening and ate like pigs. We could only manage to rack up $30 worth of food and drink (with a tip) tonight but walked away satisfied and happy.

I have traveled throughout Asia and rarely go back to the same restaurant twice. This is one place I will return to when I am back in Da Nang and one place I will recommend to my friends.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. BBQ pork, chicken, beef, squid, stone pot beef, and prawns are definitely recommended. We had a case of beers and tons of food for super cheap prices. Don't let the price fool you as the food is fantastic. The owner is super nice and speaka English. He even cooked our food for use. Great hidden gem.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A very interesting restaurant for everybody. staffs are very friendly and good service. All the food are amazing as they will show you how great Vietnamese BBQ are. The price is one of the reason which will attract us so much. Let 's enjoy with your family, friend as i did last night. So amazing, so great