“Close to China Beach”

Grand Mango Hotel Danang
Ranked #48 of 284 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a small, new hotel in an excellent position one block from China Beach. The room was spotlessly clean with the advantage of free WiFi and about the only television set on our two month's travels with both an HDMI slot and an unblocked AV channel - at last we could watch our own entertainment in the evening - especially as the weather was not very good for the few days we were there. This means we did not spend much time on China beach - so we will hopefully have to go back! The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly and helpful. We were able to leave our luggage there when we went to Hue for three days - without charge. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who prefers being away from the centre of the town but only being a short taxi drive away.

There are newer reviews for Grand Mango Hotel Danang

Reviewed April 22, 2013

A great little hotel across the road from beach. The value was insane; clean rooms, great service, great location. The Da Nang beach is underrated - it's deserted during the day, long stretches of beach to yourself and then takes on a playground atmosphere at dusk as locals come to exercise, play, and just hang out. We rented a chair for a $1.00 a day. You can have cold drinks, beers, and snacks delivered.

The breakfast at The Grand Mango was excellent. Pho, eggs, random fried things, and strong coffee.

Motorbike rental was really easy (200,000 VND) a day. We drove to Hoi An and back from here, it's probably 20-30 minutes down the road.

The hotel provides you with a big beach bag and you can take the room towels to the beach and they will switch them up for you when you get back.Considering some past experiences regarding towel use in SE Asia, that's a small miracle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a nice little hotel located right across the road from the beach. The rooms are cool and the beds are comfy. The staff will do there best to make your stay an enjoyable one. There is a great restaurant around the corner from the hotel called Kingsclong Beach Restaurant - it is the one with the wooden ceiling and furniture. Great service and the manager is very helpful and will give you good sightseeing tips. Just keep in mind that if you want to be near the beach it is great but it is not close to the river front or the rest of the sights in Danang.

Room Tip: There is construction going on the fifth floor so ask for a room a few floors away from it. I did an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A relatively new hotel among a cluster of hotels such as the Starlet, Mango, Chu and Indochine. Just a block away from the beach. I had a room on the 5th floor facing the beach and I could not have asked for more. The staff, lead by the manageress, Ly, were superb. The aircon, Tv and lift were excellent. Internet is available at the lobby. There was even a notice of free ballroom dancing. I looked forward to the breakfast. There were at least 18 different dishes one morning. The nearest restaurant is at Chu at the end of the street. I love the space and the clean white sand of My Khe, and to see the place stir to live at 5.30am as the locals venture out for exercises and ball room dancing. A new seafood restaurant is about ready next door and will soon provide a food alternative.

Room Tip: I think only one room per floor will have the full frontal view of the ocean/beach, and the other ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WinChung
Reviewed March 12, 2013

A Very wonderful hotel in all aspects, great the staff very helpful, rooms were great, service great everything about this hotel was tops, cant believe that some of the comments go on so much about small things that mean nothing,, GET A LIFE,,, our room was very comfortable not small not big,, everything in room was great TV, lighting, a/c, shower, the lot,, was the best,,, and as for the staff they were all very good in all aspects, every thing that we asked them about they obliged without any pressure just plain old fashion advice. As for restuarants there were many if you looked in the right places and not far away, especially true Vietnamese restuarants and the value was excellent, I would recommend this place to any and everybody it was an excellent place to stay in all aspects,,, will stay again when I got back to Da nang for sure

Room Tip: If you are an Aussie there is a top Aussie pub restaurant only about a stones throw away which serve...
1  Thank rnh69
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Despite paying in full 2 weeks in advance for the "Ocean Deluxe Room" when we arrived at this hotel we were shocked to find that the room had sold the room to another customer-they then tried to pass us off into a non-ocean view room.
When I complained to the reception I was initially told that that it was our fault cos we were to late the check in (I don"t consider 4pm to be a late check in) When I asked to speak to the manager i was given more excuses-but it was clear that they had double sold our room and we were the unlucky party to have arrived 2nd.
This hotel has taken our money for a booking that either did not exist in the first place or was knowingly resold when we had already paid for the room.
I suggest that you never book a prepaid room at this hotel as they clearly can not be trusted.

Room Tip: do not book a room as this hotel can not be trusted
1  Thank Keithw532
Grand M, Manager at Grand Mango Hotel Danang, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Keith William,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time sharing your review and I do appreciate for your return after your first stay with us in Jan 31, 2013.

As a hotelier, we usually check and learn from every single customer's feedback to improve our service. In your case, I would like to explain more to help other customers have a proper understand about the situation as well as our working manners. You had booked our room from agoda.com (your Agoda Booking ID is 27336308) for a Deluxe Ocean View room and when you arrived we still reserve the room for you but not in a high floor as you expected. Once you informed that you did not accept low floor, our staff had carried your wife to different hotels nearby to find the replacement until she got one. Moreover, every booking with Agoda is prepaid booking to Agoda so I also contacted to Agoda on your behalf to inform the issue as well as to request Agoda to refund all of your money back to your credit card and Agoda team also confirmed to me that they had completed your booking refund. Please contact Agoda team if you have any question regarding your refund. I also believe that you were happy with the train tickets that my front team help to arrange for your while you stayed in my neighbor hotel.

I am very sorry that your recent return did not meet your expectation but I hope for your nice understand.

Your sincerely,

Tammy

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night - got in late (much to the annoyance of the receptionist) and left mid morning the next day. We couldn't find anything eat at 9pm so had to settle for pricey cokes and chips from the minibar. Oddly, the small packets of tea and coffee that are usually complementary are charged here. Breakfast was a wide variety of offerings unfortunately mostly deep fried and hardly any fruit.

Next morning, we went walking and were shocked at how soulless that part of the beach is - block after block of vacant lots and half built hotels - very sad. Next time, we'll either stay right in Da Nang or go straight to Hoi An.

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View Room booked via Agoda was really an 'ocean glimpse' room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple