“Stolen property!!!!!”

Ranked #196 of 275 Hotels in Da Nang
Melbourne
“Stolen property!!!!!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for one night. On arriving we had to sit and wait for 30mins while the manager spoke to other people. There was no other staff around. The hotel does not cater for English speakers in any way and staff are not friendly. The room was actually very nice, spacious and clean. On check out we left our luggage at reception and went across the road for coffee. 10 mins after I left I realized I had left my two rings next to the sink when I had gone for a shower. I went straight back to find the room door open and two cleaners lying on the bed, eating and watching TV. The rubbish bin had been upturned and our rubbish was spread across the floor. The rings were gone!!! The receptionist was the only person with any bit of English. He spoke to the cleaners but said they had not seen them. I searched the room again and the receptionist told me that they would look again when cleaning the room (they were still lying on my bed watching TV and barely paying attention). Three hours later I went back to the hotel but no sign of my jewelry and the staff were incredibly rude at this point. Stay away!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was staying at this hotel while volunteering. This meant that I needed my rest.Early to bed and early to rise. The noise levels from other rooms...was unacceptable. It is in the best interest of a business to try and please all guests. This would mean noise checks on floors. I had a beautiful room at the front of the building I believe room 301. The bathroom was beautiful. Shower tiled and looked brand new. The other disappointment....is the smell of smoke is very strong. I believe some of it was filtering into my room thru the A/C. It would be also in the best interest of a business that they had a whole floor of NON SMOKING ROOMS. This choice is appealing to many travellers. Smoking is a big health issue for many people. I got on the elevator and people were even smoking on there. I won't complain about a bed being hard because I have discovered in my travels that many beds are like this in Vietnam. Most importantly, is the cleanliness of the room. I did feel that my room was always looked after by the cleaning staff. Fresh towels. I would also suggest that you could reduce your laundry. Many travellers are fine with re-using a towel a second time. In Canada we place the towels off the rack if we wish to have them replaced. The last disappointment was that the hotel had 2 computers. Often only 1 of those 2 worked "fairly" properly. I am a very accomadating traveller and actually ended up cancelling my 2nd booking at this hotel because of the noise/smoke smell. I rebooked at the brand new Orange Hotel. After staying at the Orange Hotel I was disappointed i had not moved hotels sooner !

Room Tip: I was in room 301. Large room on the front of the hotel. Breakfast was "do-able". Varie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Da Nang hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked a double room through hotels.com before arriving from Hanoi by plane. They couldn't find our booking but we were thankfully given a room anyway. They didn't find the booking until the next day.

Room was quite nice, clean and tidy. The shower room was one of the best I've seen for hotels in this price range in SEA. The water actually drains away! Bed was a bit hard as mentioned in other reviews.

The other guests in the rooms around us were ridiculous. Very loud and screaming and shouting at all hours. We.complained to reception but it changed nothing.

Breakfast buffet was woeful. Got there around half 8 to find most stuff gone. What was left didn't look appealing. There were three fried eggs left that had been there since half 6. We asked for fresh ones and they took the three left and plated them in the kitchen and tried to pass them off as fresh. We eventually got 2 fresh ones each. Bread was sweet and stale.

I found the staff at reception ok. Not completely with it but easy to deal with. They allowed us to leave our big bags whilst we went to Hue for a few days.

A bit hit and miss.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

As many people have written, this is by far the worst Hotel we have ever stayed in. 1. The did not acknowledge our booking and the 'manager' preferred to talk to others before speaking with us. We were left waiting for 30mins before they had found our booking. 2. We were told to come for breakfast at 06.30am the following morning as by 7.00am the food normally 'runs out'. 3. This is a ridiculously noisy Hotel frequented by persons who show little respect to any other person that stays. 3. The rooms are adequate considering the price but lacks any form of acoustical measure. 4. We booked out after one night and the 'manager' wanted us to pay for the remaining nights. Although we ended up not paying there seemed to be no sympathy to our prior experiences

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RachelandPa
Hanoi
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel doesnt cater for foreign patrons AT ALL..Every travel brochure is in Vietnamese..The front desk reception speaks little English and seems to have an attitude problem..I think it's a matter of they wo first day and got away would prefer not to have to deal with it..
Beds are rock hard...Windows can't be opened..Mouldy cans in the fridge...Charge for coffee scahet left in the room..One power outlet so kettle had to be put on the floor..
AND BREAKFAST...OMG...I was thankful I ate the with it and not getting sick..The second day it smelt like something was dead up there...Didn't eat...Nearly through up from the smell but...I can't believe that these people couldn't smell that...There was certainly something rotten out there..
Can't see how this hotel will stay in business the way it's going...
A good invetment for someone once it goes bust that has any common sense on how to run it...lol..
DON'T GO...
There are many hotels in DaNang..I'm sure you could go to a hostel and do better..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adam K
Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel with bookings.com with very good price. However, after a week, management of the hotel wrote me an email requesting me to cancel my booking from bookings.com as the system faced some issue and they can't offer me with that price. As the notification was quite near to the check in date, I couldn't not get any other hotel within travel period but only could accept the price offered by the management of the hotel.
After check-in for a night, we were requested to change room due to mistake done by a receptionist. They gave us a bigger room with same price.
Room experience was average. Clean but no floor mat provided. We are not allow to iron in the room. The staffs are friendly but must improve in their language. Most of them cannot even understand simple English.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Angielok
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Good:

Room clean
Good range of tv stations
Laundry came back clean

Bad:
Staff spoke little to no English
Brochure with available tours were all in Vietnamese
Beds were hardest I have ever felt
Air conditioner water flowed all over the bathroom floor
Staff members rude, stopped mid conversation with us to help a vietnamese girl while we had to wait
Breakfast is disgusting, horrible food
When we asked for some locations for shops or restaurants, the staff member tried to SELL us a map.
We asked for a taxi at 6am in the morning to get to the airport, but we had to ask again in the morning as they had not done so
There is nothing to see or do near the hotel, we walked for hours and found little.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple