Furama Resort Danang
$133
$126
Priceline
2,596 results
All reviewslagoon poolcafe indochinedon ciprianiocean studioseafood buffetdragon fruitgarden viewchina beachlife guardsfree shuttlebeautiful beachwhite sandwelcome drinkkids clubmain poolthe general managermain restaurant
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hi ok I must agree I am a picky guest . Full if request but if you satisfied me, you ca satisfied 99% of population. And furama is fill up all my expectations, thank you furama. I am in day 5 of 8 nights so far..
1. Room.. Big , comfortable , big bed.. Sort of many Mosquitos but we are in the tropics, lots of green, tropical weather..it is expected .. I complained the first night I was like "buffet for Mosquitos" and they take cared of it.. From 2 different anti Mosquitos machines, a small card from GM to check if I was ok, a fumigation from housekeeping and even little cakes to say sorry. U not see this often
2. Restaurant .. Come by 10.40 to breakfast.. They close at 10.30 so it is my fault if I not get nothing. But I was wrong, they said .. We cleaning but tell me what you like and I try
My best.. Got a huge bowl of PHO .. Yummy and local cold cuts with pate and tomato, cucumber to make my Vietnamese sandwich but the famous baguette was missing . I ask, they say run out but the lovely server said wait.. She went to bakery shop and got a just bake, warm baguette for me!! That is service!! Got a fantastic time
3. In general this is a hotel been open for years, it is not old, it is more like an institution.. U see has strong roots with staff for years.. I play tennis and they managed to find me a good hitter to practice .. Whatever a picky person need , they know how to handle.. That is years of experience and good staff .. Thank u to make my stay wonderfull

• Stayed: February 2014
FuramaGeneralManager, General Manager at Furama Resort Danang, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Eduardo,
It is great to hear that your stay has (or still is) fulfilling all your expectations in both the rooms and Restaurants! I will not miss to convey the message to all my hardworking staff who will be thrilled to receive such praise for going the extra mile(s) for you! We do have a large number of our workforce who are with us since many years and have since learned top service from the ground up to a complete 5* international deluxe standard.
We are indeed a bit of an institution since everybody knows the Furama since it was the only 5 star international comfort hotel for at least 6-7 years before other hotels came on line. The Danang (and HoiAn) destination was more or less 'launched' by the Furama!
We put a lot of efforts into guests services and make it a 'must' to meet all our guests personally (and daily if possible) to make sure they get all the attention and services they came here for.
Thank you again for having taken your time to review and rate the Furama Resort with great service!!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My partner picked this resort. We stayed here as well as the pullman next door during the same holiday and now having stayed at both resorts, we favour this place for a few reasons.
Firstly our welcome was lovely. We were greeted by a lovely drink inside a cup made from a dragon fruit. We were also checked in whilst sitting down. Very lovely touches. We were then escorted to our room while all amenities pointed out....this was done in a very personal way. We felt welcome. We were also upgraded ro a king size ocean front room (we booked regular ocean front).
The layout of the resort is excellent with 2 lovely pools. It is very relaxing.
At breakfast, the general manager came by our table to say hello and we saw him on many occasions. He is clearly very dedicated to his job and he overseas everything.
While we were staying, the deputy prime minister came for a visit and while this would normally mean guests are somewhat overlooked, we were informed that we were just as important and would not in any way impact our stay and this was indeed the case. The room was exceptional, the breakfasts were lovely and we had a marvellous stay. The staff were always smiling and helpful and overall this was an exceptional resort. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karl M

Dear Karl M.,
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us is superior than some competitor and would like to thank you for mentioning the different details for services we are so unique for.
It is indeed one of our main concern to take personal care and meet all our guests to make sure they are well looked after and enable us to meet and hopefully exceed their expectations on their high demands.
The Furama Resort has truly a distinctive design and architecture with its low rise buildings the two magnificent pools and the large gardens.
During the past many years of operation we have indeed welcomed many top dignitaries from around the world which loved the special surroundings and services, hence, we make it a habit to extend these services to all our guests no matter where they come from.
We would certainly be delighted to welcoming you again hopefully soon and wish you all the best for this Year of the Horse!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights with our family. Was very excited to go. Room was big and nice. I booked an ocean view, however the view was blocked by a fence. Nice, friendly welcome by the customer liasion staff. Unfortunately however very disappointing experience after all. Service does not live up to a 5 star resort: unfriendly, not professional. Our rooms were not ready when we arrived. We asked them to put in the babycrip many times. Was not done when we got to our rooms, I had to ask again. Our luggage was not brought to our room. When I called the reception and said that the luggage is not in the room yet. I received a very unpolite answer: "and?" We arrived early, so we were told that we could have breakfast by switching with another day. However on checking out date, breakfast from arrival date was on our bill. When we inormed reception/front office about this, staff were very unfriendly, unpolite, arrogant, lecturing, rolling their eyes, kept finding excuses, inquiring. Especially the assistant fron office manager. We booked the spa 1 day in advance. We arrived 15 min earlier and waited. After 15 min we were told that 1 staff is sick, and that they will change to another day. However she was lying to us. 5 min later she made a phone call in front of us, yelling, complaining and saying that the staff just left. There are better service price resorts along this strip. Will not go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TLT490

Dear TLT490 from Ho Chi Minh City,
I am truly sorry to hear that your stay with us turned out to be disappointing especially after the good welcome. In regards to your arrival time, it might have been before 2pm which is the listed check-in time at all the international 5* resorts. Since the check-out time is listed at 12 Noon, we need a certain time to clean the room and make those ready for the next guests. It so happens that we have many guests leaving during a day with the same number arriving, hence, it might be difficult to have all the rooms ready at the same time since all the departing guests want to stay in their room as long as possible especially when the weather is sunny and warm!
On your other remarks, I have taken the matter to the departments concerned, mainly front office and spa in your case, to take immediate action to avoid such occurances in future.
Rest assured that we are constantly with our guests to make sure they get the best of services and attention at all times.
Since living in Ho Chi Minh City, and if you would be happy to accept, I would like to invite you personally to stay with us and I will make sure that you will be looked after in every detail.
thank you for having brought your concerns forward and we certainly hope that we will be able to show you our best services and attention to convince you that Furama is top in facilities and services.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Nice resort. We got an Ocean Deluxe room, which was lovely: very big room with a small balcony with a great sea view. It was cool in the evenings, so we were able to leave the sliding door open to the balcony (there is a screen door) and turn on the overhead fan, nice after having to use air con in other locations in Vietnam. The beach is clean with comfortable lounge chairs.

Breakfast was fine. The American-style coffee, however, was nearly undrinkable--ask one of the waitstaff to bring you some Vietnamese-style coffee, it's much better. We had dinner in one of the restaurants one night and my husband went for the seafood buffet which he thought was really not very good, certainly not worth the price.

We booked an airport transfer which was absolutely NOT necessary--the hotel is very close to Da Nang airport, so just take a regular taxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Ambler,
Thank you for having taken your time to write this review and we are happy to hear that your stay was overall rather pleasant. I have taken up the matters of the coffee (on 1st of March we will have a new Coffee supplier and new coffee machines) and the seafood buffet with improvements being made. We do have great reviews for our seafood buffet though which is known to be one of the best in the region and it would be great to know what your husband found "not so good".
Should you be able to visit us again, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will tell the chef to personally suggest some great variety of seafood preparations for you.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at Furama for 2 days and celebrated New year’s eve 2013/2014. It was a great party arranged by the hotel. Really recommend to book the event at the hotel. It was a great show, with some famous Vietnamese artists and the food was amazing.

Room Tip: Had a room with a balcony but never used it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniela K,
It is with great pleasure to hear that your stay with us turned out to be most memorable and especially our great New Year's Eve Party for which we work so hard to prepare for months in every detail! We do have a number of other great shows during the year such as TET (Lunar New Year) ceremonies, different food promotions, international shows, Halloween etc. which the Furama is famous for since these shows are being held regularly since many years.
We certainly hope to be able to welcome you back to some of those and like to thank you again for having taken your time to write this review.