“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of OdeV - CLOSED

OdeV
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Delicious, thoughtful and inspiring food in Danang. You are always made to feel welcome and relaxed. In my opinion this place is on par with what you would come to expect in top restaurants in Australia. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank PerpetualTraveler23

• Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have to admit I was slightly skeptical having seen the flawless reviews on Trip Advisor... On arrival the restaurant looked slightly out of place but was a beautiful setting inside and had a nice relaxed feel to it. And with the air conditioning was a perfect temperature.

We were greeted by David Faye, the French owner who was a gentleman and took us to his cellar for a free glass of red wine. We were treated like royalty and the food was to die for, my sister had a Tuna steak which was cooked to perfection and was so fresh. Me and my mum had steaks which were also extremely good and tasted fabulous.

David gave us more and more free drinks and we had a great laugh. It has been by far the best night so far in Vietnam. I would highly recommend to anyone.

The total bill was only 1.3 million VND, which was such a good value for money, I would have payed triple that.

1 Thank Dykesy4
Ho Chi Minh
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's not often you go to a restaurant in a resort like Danang and find a restaurant that has everything, tremedous food, great atmosphere and design and a great price.

The owner David is engaging and personally involved : you can really see the passion. A nice touch was a visit to the wine cellar with a free glass and even a lollipop for a friend's kid. It's not as if we were VIPs, touches like this do make a difference.

Food was great, especially the chocolate fondant deserts. All four of us dining were blown away by the quality, had a couple of steaks and tuna steaks. And for what you get, price is great. Quite an extensive menu and for the real foodies, the serving style is very artistic. All set in a very elegant villa.

As a Vietnam resident, I'll certainly be back.

2 Thank Mupple
Evran, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superbe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

OdeV was recommended to us by some French chefs of Hoi An. Indeed, very pleasant experience at this new place. We had a family dinner there just before jumping on the plane heading back to Hanoi. Effective synergy between Vietnamese & Foreign staff & management. Convenient for small kids too. Congratulations to David and his team!

1 Thank Patrice-Hanoi
Nha Trang
“Great food. Great wine. Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been on several occasions, which seem to becoming more and more frequent. If you can make it past the bar, in which I have tried some of the best cocktails of my life. You will get to try some outstanding food. I always enjoy reading a menu which has so many appealing options. But being a steak lover, it is usually simple choice. Great cuts of beef, cooked to perfection and served by attentive and professional staff. All this is accompanied by a great wine selection. I applaud David, Shea and the team for lifting the bar in Vietnam. I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank samjeffries