“Where Heaven Meets Sea... (read and you will know what I am talking about)”

InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
Ranked #2 of 283 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just returned from staying at this luxurious, and beautiful property.... it was NOT the right season to go, it was very cold, and windy. it was usually cold this year, and therefore, my kids were disappointed that no water sports, no swimming, and it was always so troublesome to get all bundled up before I let them go out the door.

The AMAZING thing was, despite this weather, (lucky it never rained during our 6 days of stay).... we had a fantastic and amazing vacation. It was very relaxing, and very memorable.

The whole resort is so beautiful, and simply breathtaking. From the reception, to the restaurants, and the rooms, and the Nam Tram ...all the decor, design, and atmosphere is amazing, and wonderfully unique and unforgettable.

Like many have commented, hardware is all there.... however, staff still needs a bit of training. English speaking wise wasn't a huge problem for me, it was as I witnessed for many other guests. I don't mind their English skills not being top notch, I spoke slower, and found simpler words, the staff wants to help, their attitude beats SO many other hotels I have been to. They can't do enough for you, IF you give them a chance.

The professionalism of housekeeping team still needs work though. It's hit and miss, but this is really minor things, it didn't bother me much, but it is worth noting. I get days with my bathroom amenities replenished with TWO shampoos, and one conditioner, when I really need the SHOWER gel..... the slippers at my turndown service each night is always mismatched, one big and one small. They forget to open and close curtains, and the funniest thing was while we were IN our room, they opened our door and came in to do housekeeping !

We had a connecting room, but it was connected by a foyer. So you have to close this GIGANTIC door that is outside the foyer to get privacy. It is two separate rooms with the doors facing each other, (let you imagine), once you close the foyer door, you can walk across the room like it's connecting. The rooms are HUGE ! I made my daily walking target number of steps from just walking from my room to my kids' room I think !

The bathtub is beautiful, you don't want to get out of it once you soaking in it, facing the spectacular view. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept on ( I travel a lot, and to many 5-6 star properties)... I slept like a baby EVERY night. It is amazing. Their TV entertainment is also stunning, thousands of movies, FREE of charge to watch. Kid's channel with cartoon network and kids' movies....hundreds to choose from.

Spa was very good too. Thank you to Christina for everything. And the staff at the spa, thank you for a great time. My daughter had her first kid's massage... she enjoyed very much. So thoughtful of the Harnn Spa to offer such a choice to kids. Not only parents get to relax and massage..... Love the Harnn Spa products, bought SO much back to Hong Kong.

Citron 's service was amazing. Thank you for every staff who helped us and made our every meal there so pleasant. I lost my scarf there and they kept it and gave it back to me next time they saw me. On the Sunday Brunch of Dec 22, my kids had a good time in the kids' corner. made handcrafts, and beading.... and the "yellow " themed brunch was not only delicious, it was stunning to see. A visual feast ! It was so beautiful and so creative by the team in Citron.

The kids' club- Tram, and rest of the staff there, thank you so much for your care, and genuine dedication to ensuring my kids had fun ,and a good time. My kids cannot wait to return.

Highlight to mention is the Nam Tram. The resort has this Tram that takes you from top of the resort down to the bottom. It is HEAVEN (where reception, concierge, and Citron located), then you go down one level to SKY (where we stayed and shops are), and then to EARTH (where the Three Star Michelin restaurant La Maison and other suites are), then finally down to SEA, where the beach, spa, kids' club, the LOOONG bar, the gym, swimming pools are located.

It is so nice to go into the Nam Tram (beautiful design) and the tram operator asks you "where would you like to go" , and depending on where you are going, you will hear "HEAVEN please".... or "EARTH please".....

You can also do the hundreds of steps as good exercises to access each level. My husband walked everyday.... I think each time it is 210 steps.....

We also booked tour through the hotel to Hoi An and Farming tour. Fabulous time.

I booked airport and hotel transfer through the hotel.

SO much to write about still, but I think this is long enough. Had the pleasure to meet with the GM, Arnaud, and the resort manager Bruno. Keep it up please, you and your team are doing very well.

We are planning to return very soon, cannot wait to be on the beach when it's warmer weather.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
InterContinenta... D, General Manager at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Katetam,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to leave us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am currently stay at resort, I found the service was excellent and food was delicious with life music, really enjoyed our time at resort!! Only the weather was a little bit chilly on December (17 degree) not yet go to the swimming pool, would like to pay more for the upgrade but it seems not possible. Because it's the most busy season for a year!! ( New Year Holiday ).

Room Tip: All the room type are good, but there is no free lunch, the hotel will charge any extra service. Eve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anniechoihkg

Dear Anniechoihkg,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to acknowledge that you had a memorable experience with us: the room, amenities, food, drinks, wonderful views and the excellent services.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at ocean villa with beach access. The villa is fantastic. The hardware of the hotel is close to perfect. Staff quality varies. Some are excellent some are quite below average. When we checked in the first two days we got a buckler who has no clue what her duty was. Basically didn't support anything we need, can never find her, made me (7 months pregnant) waited under the sun for 10 mins for transfer because she forgot to call until I reminded her. Bumped my leg with a basket which almost made me fall!! She's friendly in nature but just slow and clumsy. Anyways we complaint for two days at the front desk and of course they tried to resolve themselves and didn't tell the management. In the end we said we needed to talk to the GM. GM Arnaud was very professional. He came to our villa to understand the situation. Immediately changed our buckler, offered some compensation, calm us down. I would say it's the turning point of our vacation. Everything from that point on was fantastic. That's why I rated excellent despite the experience we had the first 2 days. The replacement buckler, Vu, was very very good. We travel the world and he's so far the best buckler we had. He's always around in case we need him, but not in our face and give us privacy. He always plan ahead for us and make sure we have the best experience. If I open up a resort one day I'll definitely hire him!!
La Mason is a must try!! We went twice during our short stay.
Overall I'll recommend this hotel and I'll go back in the future.

Stayed: June 2013

Dear CanadianWorldTraveller,

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. And thank you for your valuable feedback. We are in the process of fine tuning our product delivery and necessary action plans are being taken to improve our service to meet high expectation in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is just the most decadent I've ever stayed. The suites are so private that even sitting outside one cannot look into another unit. The furnishings are so unique there is too much to describe. Our suite had it's own little wine fridge and bar area. There is a big beautiful armoire that is unique. The bathroom has double sink, a wonderful tub and separate shower (no walls). I simply cannot do it justice. It's also a new property and very well run with great service. Did I mention it's on a beautiful beach?

Room Tip: I would think any?
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear jogrant2,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to acknowledge that you had a great vacation in our Resort. Thank you for your compliments and we will do our best to be “added to the definition of a first class vacation”.

We look forward to your return with new experience at the place where “Myth Meets Luxury”.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This a new property of IC. Although the location is far from city center, but taxi to city around 200,000VND. The hotel is so beautiful, bulit in a very special style. We stayed in a beach villa. Room is super huge and comfort. Very nice place to for beach escape, but be careful winter is cold, not like tropical area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear taipeitongue,

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Resort and satisfied with our service. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This resort is gorgeous. The location is a bit remote, and getting around the resort itself can be a bit of a challenge. I stayed here for two nights and am a bit puzzled. There were many things in the room that did not work - phone, TV, internet, hot water in the shower...they tried to fix everything, but it was a surprise to find it in this condition. I was with a group and they struggled for dinner because everything was either out or they said it was too late to serve - it was 9:30!? I ate in the long bar one night and it was perfect and the service was impeccable. Watch the mini bar because I had them charge me $7 for a bottle of Tiger, which would cost you $2 anywhere else. Also nothing worse then being on your own and having them set the bed up for two - robes and slippers...understand on the first night, but on the second!

Room Tip: It you want to be able to walk around, ask for something in the middle of the escort instead of on t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ThatchersBiscuit

Dear ThatchersBiscuit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor and give your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort.

On behalf of the resort, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction that you experienced. I sincerely hope you would understand that we value your input and highly appreciate your feedback.

We understand your frustration with the renovation in the Resort, but as our commitment to the continuously improvement for the better services, we hope at the additional features (such as a new platform of Citron adding more dining tables outside) will provide our guests with more pleasant experience once it finishes.

Once again, my sincerest apologies and we look forward to serving you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Breathtaking views, impeccable service, do not miss breakfast! The Rooms are gorgeous, with amazing views, a stunning terrace to have coffee and appreciate the view! Highly recommended to stay a few days...

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel D
InterContinenta... D, General Manager at InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Rachel D,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that you really enjoy our design, clear beach, and friendly staff. Otherwise, your comments are well noted and we are working to make it better for your next visit.
Kind regards,