“Good Nice Hotel on the beach in Danang”

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 271 Hotels in Da Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Nice Hotel on the beach in Danang”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here for a week long Business meeting. The beach location is beautiful and the resort is clean and spacious. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Staff were also very polite and welcoming. Would come back to visit Hyatt Regency someday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyDanang, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Andrew_Yang_Sin...
Greetings from sunny Danang! Thank you for staying here with us and for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it very much and are looking forward to welcome you back soon in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed at a 3 bedroom ocean villa for 9 nights and had a good time. So why 4 stars? I have given 5 stars to Four Seasons in Maldives, Four Seasons in Bali Sayan, Nam Hai in Hoi An, and Intercontinental in Koh Samui so in my opinion, it is 4 stars here. Maybe it is just my personal preference. My husband and my friends who have been here liked this resort as much as others and even more, so please go and find out, yes it is a very nice resort.

-Pool
They have an amazing big pool, and the pool in the regency club was beautiful too. But I guess it is difficult for the hotel to clean the main pool as it is too big, the water was a bit filthy and too warm. Still, they had a sandy area next to the main pool for the children which was nice. We had a problem with the filter in our private pool in the villa too, and this made us very sad as we were paying USD800/night for this!

-Kids Club
It was not amazing compared to the ones I have been. The staff tried to introduce a TV game to my 2 year old daughter while we wanted something more interesting for the kids to do. The kids clubs I have been were often full of toys, arts and crafts, but this one looks very empty in the room and they still charge you!

-Villa
Nice and clean. The staff did a fantastic job in maintaining our villa. Our villa was at the far end and we had to take a buggy to get to everywhere, so if you are a small family staying in the hotel room or at the residence may be an easier option, especially in such amazing Vietnam summer heat (up to 40 degrees during the day!)

-Staff and service
Some staff were amazing. Mini helped my mother in law a lot and kept on paying attention to her injury for the rest of our stay. But there were some slips - they forgot to pick us up at the airport on our arrival!

-Regency club
We stayed in the villa so we had access to the Regency Club and their breakfast was amazing. Not the biggest selection but it was more than enough, and everything was so fresh. I looked forward to this breakfast everyday during my stay. In the evening they had free cocktails and food for a couple of hours in the Regency Club which was a very nice touch. The staff here were amazing too.

-The beach
The resort is set on one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia (in our opinion) - several kilometres long, beautiful soft sand and we enjoyed having an afternoon walk. Hope all the resorts around here will start some sort of work to help the surrounding community because as soon as you step onto the beach outside the hotel it was full of rubbish (very common in Asia for this to happen, but still very sad). I am sure plenty of people would be happy to help if the hotel was asking for the donation to help the community.

This resort was so nice, but still I liked other resorts better for the better pools (it was not too cool and the water was not just crisp and clean - though the beach was probably nicer), and for the better kids club (yes you need a good one when you stay in a beach resort for 9 nights!) But again I say this to help those picky travellers, I am sure everyone will have a great time staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Yumiko76_Japan
Dear Yumiko76_Japan,
Thank you for staying at the Hyatt during your visit to Danang with your family. I really appreciate it very much. Also, thank you for writing a review and for all the feedback. My apologies for our oversight with regards to the condition of our pools. Please rest assured that this has been rectified. In regards to the cleanliness of the beach outside the perimeter of our resort, my team and I did voluntary cleanup at least once every quarter. However, regretfully there is no official authority on site to ensure that this part of the beach is kept continuously well maintained. I have also passed your kind comments to my colleague, Mini. Once again, thank you. I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back here once again in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hotel is just state of art and comfort facility where you will have a chance to get a sense of pleasure relaxation and 6* six star service .
Starting from confront of the room , hospitality , food , location and ocean ...

Room Tip: Do not hesitate - book this hotel and enjoy lovely Vietnam
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ellen S
Dear Ellen S,
Thank you for visiting Danang and for staying here at the Hyatt. Also, thank you very much for all the kind words in your review. We really appreciate it very much and hope to be able to welcome you back soon in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and were impressed with the resort, clean, massive room with a brilliant layout, awesome aircon, plenty of pools to choose from and cheap poolside/room service compared with other 5 star resorts. The food in both the beach bar and the pool bar was amazing!! The breakfast is pretty standard for all 5 star resorts, there is something for everyone (no matter what country you come from) The staff English isn't the greatest and they found our Aussie accent hard to understand but it was more than manageable to get by.
The shuttle to hoi an is great so you can head into town for dinner and shopping.The drivers "son" and "tan" we both so lovely and friendly and the service is cheap 70,000 each (a cab back is about 330,000) so you can take in the lovely town in your own time - tip take the 5PM shuttle to hoi an when it's cooling down so you can enjoy it and see all the lantern lights.
The gym was excellent and I enjoyed some pampering at the day spa.
The only reason this hotel gets 4 and not 5 stars is because (4 1/2 if I could figure out how to do a half), I was abit unhappy about when we checked out we were unable to have breakfast as it opened when we had to leave and the resort told me they can do a take away box for $17USD..I found this disappointing as we had actually paid for the breakfast in our accommodation already.
Also although not the resorts fault the cab to the airport tried to rip us off with a charge of 2mill (100 AUD) for a 300,000 ($15 AUD) cab ride, I of course called him on it early as the meter was going up like crazy and paid what was fair (lucky we knew how much that was).

All in all we would gladly come back and were sad to be leaving such a lovely spot (our favourite in Vietnam so far)!

P.s we came as a couple but they more than catered for children with a kids club (3ys and over), large pool areas shallow enough for kids to enjoy without having to stand over them and a cool water slide (which many adults also enjoyed).
This however was still a great spot for couples and honeymooners.

1 Thank sharky5_shan
Dear sharky5_shan
Thank you for your visit to Danang especially your stay at the Hyatt. Also, thank you for your kinds words with regards to service rendered by my colleagues, Son & Tan. I truly regret the incident involving your request for breakfast takeaway. I have reminded my team members to be more flexible in future. Also, in regards to your encounter with the cab driver who drove you to the airport, I am taking the liberty to get my colleagues to conduct an investigation. We do not condon errant and dishonest cab drivers and will take actions, if necessary. Once again, thank you and I hope you will visit us again one day in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Based in the south east asia, we have travelled to numerous beach resorts in the region. For those who are aware, standards and quality of 5 star properties are very competitive around here.

Let me say this: this is one of the upper end beach resorts I have been in some time.

The best: the pristine beach... Come check it out. What bali?

The very impressive: the suites/ villas here in hyatt are top notch, classy design with simple lines and decor. Very welcoming ambience, clean and "you are home" kind of feeling.

The very good: service staff are friendly and out to serve. The regency club is a very civilized place to spend some tea time or a beer or two in the evening with good service.

Of course there are little glitches here and there which are unavoidable in any hotel property, but in the grand scheme of things, they are really minor stuff that one don't sweat it.

p.s. more telephones in the villas will be very useful :-)

Dear TRAV3L3R_13,
Thank you for staying here with us and for your review on our facilities, service and related. I am very pleased to read your positive comment and shall review your feedback on making available more telephones in the villas. Once again, thank you and we hope to be able to welcome you back to scenic Danang soon in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend were looking for a sunny climate, a beautiful location and somewhere new and interesting and we eventually decided upon Vietnam as, having been to various other countries and stayed in some beautiful hotels and areas, we had never visited Asia.

Having done some extensive Internet research, we chose the Hyatt Regency, and I can honestly say we couldn't have chosen a better, more beautiful location. We are currently just 3 days in to a 10 day stay at this hotel, but I felt compelled to write a review as we've been so blown away by the service and friendliness of the staff and the sheer quality of everything within the hotel.

We arrived and were immediately upgraded to a Regency club room overlooking the beach (room F119). The Regency club is well worth paying extra for however. Free soft drinks all day, a lovely and relaxing lounge (particularly the AC) and a really nice complementary buffet and drinks of your choice between half 5 and half 7 in the evening. Add to this use of a very quiet and relaxing pool area and the extra money for this would be worth every penny!

The pool areas are superb. The staff are very helpful, bring out a complimentary drink and towels immediately upon arrival each day and the water in the pools is the nicest I've ever been in!? The temperature of the pools is literally perfect and you could spend hours in there each day. In the Regency area there are also several large beds that you can lie on in the shade and really relax in the afternoon! - complete bliss.

The rooms themselves are quite stunning. Huge windowed doors open on to a balcony literally right beside the beach and the ocean. There is even a large bath in the bathroom with a huge window next to it with the same view if you pull the large blinds up (no one can see in by the way!). I've never seen a room like it and I've stayed in some very nice hotels!...

There are fresh cakes and cookies left in the room from the local baguette shop on sight (which, by the way, does the best baguettes and paninis ever!) Fresh fruit is also dropped off daily and there are some lovely other touches in the room - constant free bottled water; Ipod player with speakers in the bathroom; even a very small night light in the bathroom, with a lit up switch next to the bed, so you can pick it out amongst the other switches and not wake your partner if you get up in the night!? They really have thought of everything here, and previous feedback seems to have been taken in to account on everything to make the place as perfect as possible.

So far we have eaten in all 3 restaurants and the food has been beautiful in all 3. I couldn't fault anything about them and my girlfriend is massively picky so that's quite something. They have a good selection of traditional Vietnamese and western foods so there really is something for everyone.

The only minor point I've noticed would be the cost of the laundry service. We need to get some clothes cleaned but it costs the equivalent of nearly £2 for a single pair of pants to be washed!? - a quarter of the cost of dry cleaning a whole suit! Probably an idea to make sure you pack enough clothes for your stay!

The gym and spa are both excellent facilities (gym complimentary) and again are some of the best I've ever experienced in a hotel.

Overall this hotel is really special and I would thoroughly recommend to anyone considering a holiday in Vietnam or who is just looking to spend some time in a stunningly beautiful, interesting location.

3 Thank Richb1977
Dear Richb1977,
Thank you for staying here with us and for writing a review. My colleagues and I are delighted that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay here. I shall review your comment on the laundry charges with my department concerned. Thank you once again. We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back here once again in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman
Changwat Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi, Thailand
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was my first visit to the hotel, wonderful place, caring staff, wide variety of food available, rooms spacious, clean and functional. The property is well maintained, the staff are knowledgeable and English is widely spoken and understood. The Beach is wonderful, white sand, no litter, no dogs just kilometers of white sand and blue ocean... As a venue to unwind, this is the place for me. Access to the property from the airport is easy.... World Heritage site Hoi An is a USD25 taxi ride away... This place represents "the Hyatt Touch" at its best....

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this low rise property... Guests with mobility issues may wish to request...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Khun_Kiwi
Many thanks for submitting a review and for your kind words on our resort and our staff. We hope to welcome you back to picturesque Danang once again soon in the near future. Regards, Zulki Othman