“Excellent hotel, great value for money”

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 255 Hotels in Da Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent hotel, great value for money”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My first review yet, and i think the Hyatt deserved this. A beautifully designed hotel with excellent facilities and the rooms were great. The bars/restaurants had good and affordable menus (had a little too many during 'happy hour'). Staff were really friendly but English is still a little tough for them. Location is fabulous and they catered to all our needs. Definitely making a trip back here. The only setback was that the mattress was a little to firm for my liking, everything else was perfect. I really enjoyed the games room too (scrabble/chess/billiards/backgammon)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyDanang, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Spaceman_spiffman,
For your first review I think you have done quite well!
Thanks for the lovely review and also I am happy to announce that we now have a full time Resort English Teacher so our language skills should be improving dramatically.
Hope you can visit us again soon.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night at this resort having spent 3 nights at intercontinental. Well, this resort is less luxurious compared to intercontinental, its a smaller complex and walking from the lobby to the rooms somewhat remind me of a dormitory.
Well, once in the room we got the ground floor pool side one where we could walk out from the sliding door entrance to the pool and down to the beach (but someone needs to lock the door, hence I had to walk the long way).
The pool is quite special as there's a slide, 2-3 bridges over a long passage that connects the 2 pools which is very children friendly. The beach is really beautiful and the sand is so white (well still not as good as the one at Maui) but still really good in Asian standard.
The resort is a good place for those who come with a family. However for a couple there seems to be a lack of things to do. If you come for the sun, sun bathing at the pool is kinda awkward. As I noticed the staff stationed at the pool (like 4-5) kept on perving on the female guests and on a few occasions seemed quite invasive. Well, as a guy its normal, but not when its just unprofessional as it will hinder in them performing their jobs.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Uncle_Colin_99,
Thank you for your informative feedback, please accept my apologies if you felt our male staff were observing female guests, this is by no means tolerated and I am currently monitoring the situation.
I hope that you are able to visit us again.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Da Nang during the Easter Holidays, Had a lovely stay, the hotel is situated on the beach, which is pristine white sand.
I stayed in a 2 bedroom residence which is great for a family, lots of space, decorated in a modern minimal style with great views of the beach and sea, fully equipped open kitchen with everything you could possibly need, including an Illy coffee machine, which I appreciated first thing in the morning.
The only part that needs mentioning is the sea is quite dangerous, it has a strong undercurrent and dangerous rip, but having said that, there are two lovely pools at the hotel to compensate, not a hardship at all,

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom residence is great for a family, very spacious, situated on the beachfront with lovely...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear ABHK,
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience, our residences are a wonderful option for family or friends traveling together. Our seas can at times be rough but it is seasonal, today I am seeing calm turquoise waters and hope to finish work a bit early!
Hope you are able to visit us again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I don't know where to begin except --- I couldn't be happier.
This hotel was beautiful for those who like minimalist, clean and sleek designs.
It does have a feel of a corporate hotel but I didn't mind it.

The room was flawless....from the walk in closet to the mini bar, outdoor lounge area to the huge free standing tub. Everything --- top notch.

The common areas are beautiful as well. There is a game room where you can lounge, play billiards. They also have a great spa although it was not available during our stay due to some renovation or engineering issue. Nevertheless when I got a tour, I fell in love. Prices on spa treatment were a bit too high for me. I believe they had a 50% off special...yes, a special and it was still around $60 for an hour treatment. So you can imagine what the regular price is....and that is not high for some places in the States but for Hoi An and Danang --- a tad too high.

The best part of the whole experience was the buffet for breakfast. It's amazing. I think my friends had 2 hour breakfasts every day...which include a pastry section, an egg/omelet station and local cuisine. It was really awesome.

I loved that they had fresh juice and made a darn good cup of Latte. Amen.

The pool area is beyond words. Beautiful. Great service. One of the servers Anh was so attentive. He came by so many times to check on us and to give us their "inhouse Welcome drink". The food was not that bad nor that expensive for a 5 star hotel.

Only one thing --- it's far far far from HoiAn. And the taxi rides ranged from the high $200 to the mid $300. Don't ask --- I couldn't understand it.

Hoi An is a must see so make the time to go. You can take a shuttle which is $70000 Dong per oerson but the times are very limited. I really can't understand why there can't go more often....Also, the last one is not that late so eat early but even if you do, there is no shuttle back. I hope the hotel fixes this.

Also, I am giving this a 5 star rating but a few minor things that I would fix. Tennis for example is around $20 per hour for a court. You get the use of their rackets and 2 can of balls. First and foremost, it's hard to see any hotel charging for court time. We've played in many different locations and unless there is a ball machine, most courts are first come first serve and totally "complimentary". Even when we played in Mayakoba at the Fairmont, it was complimentary rackets and balls. So what's up Hyatt for the fee. And to make matters worse, we only played 30 minutes because it was hot and the balls were flat. Nevertheless, it's a great venue so I wouldn't knock it down for this minor thing but thought I would inform all of you.

Overall -- this was a great property and if you watch for great rates, you will be thrilled. It really is one of the nicest beach hotel in Asia....and beach is terrific!!!!!

Room Tip: As always --- joining their Hyatt program helps. We stayed in the F building which was good. I lik...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyDanang, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Iangannton,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor.
It was my great pleasure to meet with you during your stay, we are reviewing our shuttle schedule to try and accommodate additional trips into town. Your feedback regarding our tennis courts is also well received.
Please let me know when you are returning to Danang, we would be very pleased to welcome you back.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very beautifully designed modern hotel on a pristine white sandy beach. Danang is still undergoing major development so outside the hotel there's not much which means you have to eat all your meals here unless you get a taxi to Danang or Hoi An. However if you are looking for some beach and pool time it is fabulous and it is very easy to get the shuttle or catch a taxi to Hoi An for dinner, lunch, shopping which is what we would recommend. Taxi is about $15 NZD one way and takes about 20 min. Service at the hotel is good but not as polished as what we found at the Intercontinental hotels we have stayed at.

The hotel could do better in offering information as to what to do in the area as we found this somewhat lacking as did some other guests. Our room was lovely but a bit noisy with guests walking past the door at night and yelling at each other. We had a room close to the lobby so that didn't help.

This is a very large resort and we felt like we had the beach to ourselves so it's a great way to relax after the busy cities. It's a really beautiful spot and we are comparing to some of Thailand's best.The one thing we felt was ridiculous was the price for the airport transfer - about 67 USD for 7 km journey. Get a taxi - it's about $10

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room or above most have sea views
Dear gilbraltarmgtn,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our resort.
Please allow me to provide additional details regarding our transportation rates:
For guests arriving at Danang Intl Airport our Mercedes R300 Sedan is currently $45 usd & our 16 passenger Mercedes Van is $65 usd, we also offer round trip pre-arranged discounts.
Yes, a taxi will be about $10-12 usd. I am also sorry about any noise issues that were experienced. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our pristine 700 meter stretch beach and hope that you will visit again soon.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Well this is my 2nd review for this hotel. I did it again because simply i want this hotel to be no.1 on TA. Last year, i only stayed for 1 night so i didnt have enough time to explore everything so i did it this year. General impression you can find on my previous review. The thing i want to note in this review is the swimming pool. They have 5 in totals and i believe all of them feature heater. In Vietnam, unless you come to Hanoi or Dalat, you can't find pools with heaters in any other hotels even at some of luxurious ones in Ho Chi Minh city. However, you can only access to 4 of them unless you are staying in club rooms or suites. We were there during public holiday so there were quite a bit crowded and we found a much quiet and private pool in this huge hotel. If you want some private, i suggest going to Fitness Pool locates between Vie Spa and Fitness Centre. Most of the time, we were only people used that pool. Back to the main pool, this year they add something new to their service, a water slide pipe for kid to play and serve free drink at every pool chair. Just a little thing but it's really nice. There were a lot of activities at the hotel too, rock climbing, volleyball, football, yoga, tai-chi...you name it. We just wish we have a least 1 week to enjoy the hotel facility and service.

One thing need to be improved is night activity. Terasse is the place feature pool table but it close around 10om or so but Beach House is the place has live music and open til late. That would be nice if they can bring the pool table to Beach House and maybe more energetic in the music. Im not the only guy who isnt a fan of soft music. And btw, be aware of mosquito, do not open your window! mosy everywhere and the hotel must eliminate that problem.

Room Tip: Room at high floors. If you travel with kids, highly recommend stay in Residence, there's a camp...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tamali71
Dear TheFunAlexandre,
Hyatt Regency Danang would also like to be #1 on Trip Advisor, and repeat valued guests such as yourself is one of the ways in which we will achieve this goal.
Thanks again for the great review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2014

- The beach is very clean with white & soft sand.
My favorite corner is the hammock under the coconut tree.

- The room is clean, comfy, spacious with amazing view.
I have sea view on my left and the mountain on the right.

- The food!
Pool House, Beach House, Green House, The Baguette, all the restaurants with amazing food.
My favorite is the Vietnamese Ice Coffee, the Pho and Fried Baby Shrimps from The Pool House, The Tenderloin Steaks & some seafood i can't recall the names from Beach House, and the Italian Buffet from Green House.
Must try, the chocolate cake and (again) Viet Ice Coffee from the Baguette.

- The most important thing is, the service.
It was Excellent!
Every where i go, all the staffs always giving me a sincere greetings with smiles, friendly and very helpful.

- Suggestion :
Go to Hoi An, The Ancient City. 20-30 mins from the resort.
Mingle with some locals and visitors, and explore the beauty of the "vintage".

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Agnes R
Dear Agnes R,
What a wonderful review! Thank very much, it looks as if you were able to enjoy all of our wonderful dining options, and our associates are always pleased to learn that their efforts are recognized.

Warmest Regards,