“Enjoy every moment in this place”

Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 283 Hotels in Da Nang
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The nicest hotel room I have stayed in. In must be around 50m2 or more, with huge bath room area, amazing ocean view from the bed with glass wall, big balcony with comfortable round sofa (which is as big as a bed). I love the sweets put in there complimentary for guests and the welcome note handrwitten by Hotel GM. Everything in the room is nice!

Hotel staff are all very polite and helpful. The doorman said hello to me with a big smile everytime he saw me, and use my name too, that is impressive especially when the hotel was fully booked those days. Restaurant staff took great care of my orders, both at the buffet breakfast and the Poolside Restaurant. Ah, I really enjoyed having a Long Ireland Ice Tea cocktail and watching the live Philipino band at that Poolside Bar (it turned into a bar nicely by night).

This is a really big place and it took a long walk to go from here to there within the hotel.

The hotel is right in front of the Ngu Hanh Son Rock Mountain, mid way from the Danang city to Hoi An ancient town. Really like the city thought I have been here for un-countable number of times but first time in Hyatt Danang, I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is highly recommended to me with its glass wall so you should definitely try to get an oce...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyDanang, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Ithyen75,
We at Hyatt Regency Danang are very pleased to receive such wonderful comments from a seasoned traveler such as yourself. Having stayed in the area so many times prior to discovering our lovely resort, we are exceptionally pleased that you found us! We hope to welcome you back in 2014.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Danang Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been twice to Danang and on both occasions took small groups from Singapore. We stayed both times at the Hyatt and we LOVED IT! What an amazing destination with two golf courses 5 minutes drive from a beautiful hotel. We found the rooms and pools amazing, the beach was beautiful and the water was clear, and the breakfasts were amazing! Continental or Asian - with the most amazing croissants I have had after 16 years in Asia.

We will return again at least once if not twice in 2014. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor and you can stroll out to the pool before breakfast!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Golfy69,
How wonderful that you have found a destination so convenient from Singapore. Hyatt Regency Danang combined with Vietnam’s most desirable golfing destinations Montgomerie Links, or Danang Golf Courses makes for an incredible getaway and I am very pleased that you have discovered this. Look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

First the positives.....pick up at the airport handled well, check in very efficient and our suite very comfortable, except for the bed pillows....
Now the downside
Food in regency club is a disgrace, virtually all seafood, no variety. At breakfast very little variety, if you want the buffet that is an extra $22 USD. Chef in the regency club could not even poach an egg properly or make an omelette, I sent food back at least 5 times during our stay, omelette often came out half cooked, waitress didn't relay what I wanted in it, so never got it right.
Cheese out for breakfast then put out at night for cocktail time, so by night is dried out and disgusting.
Children allowed in the club, although kept relatively in one area, they were allowed to roam free, make noise and handle food, then put it back, staff did nothing.......
Issues with the hot water in our room, ignored and not handled properly, communicating with the guest just doesn't happen here. Our toiletries in our room were constantly rearranged by housekeeping and a bottle of aftershave knocked over, found I'd lost about a 1/4 bottle of very good aftershave. Even after leaving a big sign on our things saying "don't touch" this was often ignored.
Housekeeping often left no milk or coffee, we asked for normal milk for the room, as you don't use sweet condensed milk in tea or if you are dieting, told that would be "extra" as it had to come from housekeeping??????
Gym is ok, but the hot tub has mould around it and the water stinks as it is not properly chlorinated, found a staff member tucked up asleep in the relaxation area one day, snoring away, another day managers sitting around regency club knocking back a few beers.......very unprofessional........
The final two straws was finding the fruit bowl in our room full of rotten fruit, it was eventually taken away and replaced......by more rotten fruit. Finally, the do not disturb sign was ignored one day and a staff member wandered in to drop off a letter telling us a restaurant was closed, same letter we'd had for 5 days in a row, we were asleep and rudely awakened......very poor.
Management did attempt to placate our anger, and all credit to the only manager who was here, Mohammed who kindly comped us dinner.
Unfortunately, the overall experience is not what we expect from a Hyatt, we won't be back and I would warn others, if they cannot look after a handful of guests here in low season, what chance do you have of decent service when they are really busy?
This is a very poor hotel, it could be great but needs better staff and a more professional outlook.

6  Thank Smceb

Dear Senga,
Greetings from Central Vietnam, it saddens me I when learn of a guest’s disappointment with our resort and associates. Please rest assured that our team tried very hard to rectify our shortcomings during your stay with us. Your points have been well noted and addressed with the respective areas within our resort.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I hardly do any review but can't help on this. I visited the hotel with my wife early this month. We planned for a relax holiday, possibly with some water activity if weather allow (sadly not). I must say the environment is good, long beach, clean & tidy, "quiet" (without human). However, sadly, it is ruined by our fellow visitors from the Mainland Chinese.

I stayed for 6 days and I have 3 extraordinary experience to share, each in the restaurant, beach and hotel room. Yes, 1 experience in every 2 days, not bad huh!

Restaurant [breakfast]
be there early if you really want to have breakfast, as they can really eat. Also, you will be amazed by their lung capacity via they talk.

beach [anytime]
i spend half of my time on the beach, as aforementioned, the weather is not good during the monsoon season, the sea is very rough with big wave. I have to say the staff has done a very good job blowing the whistle to alert the guest, but you will see how "brave" our mainlander, they keep jumping into the sea with the kids!

Hotel room [6AM]
this is the most "unforgettable memory" of all. i forgot it's Day 3 or Day 4, i was wake up by the music at 6AM. by commonsense, I expect it will be stopped very soon, but it's proven I'm wrong. Then, I get up and investigate where is the music from. It didn't take long to find it out as I immediately recognized it once I step out the balcony. A Chinese old lady is dancing in the square, with the KUNG FU music played by her own portable speaker. Yes, this is very popular in mainland China and for god sake, they bring it to VIETNAM! luckily, the staff finally stopped her after I called the front desk.

I understand business is business, the hotel may not be able to avoid the booking and control the "quality" of guest, but as a guest, you can choose!

3  Thank grouchie

Dear Grouchie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I must apologize for the uncomfortable experiences that occurred due to some of our less than considerate guests from our neighboring countries. We are constantly striving to provide an exceptional leisure experience for all guests however as you have mentioned we do still have some room for improvement.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the issues that were experienced while visiting our resort.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Spent 6 days in this beautiful resort in December 2013. The check-in was very friendly and efficient. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. The pools are very well maintained and serviced. The food is excellent, we tried all 4 restaurants and were never disappointed. The shuttles to different locations leave on time and the drivers care about their passengers. The staff is approachable, responsive and very friendly. According to my partner the SPA is superb, I didn't try it myself. Overall it was a very enjoyable and relaxing vacation.

Now there always seem to be people who complain about everything, see some of the reviews. For some the English of the staff might not be good enough (hey, we are in Vietnam not in Vermont), the 'bugs' too aggressive (I haven't seen any) or the water in the pool too wet. It's really beyond me how you could complain about the quality of this resort. That we encountered some annoying guests is a different story and unfortunately not within control of the Hyatt Resort...

2  Thank RetoHK

Dear RetoHK,
Greetings from Sunny Danang, thank you very much for your detailed and objective feedback regarding our resort. Your wonderful review will be very helpful for travelers to Central Vietnam.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We visited Danang because there was a newly operated directed flight from Hong Kong to Danang, thinking it would be good destination for a short holiday.

It isn't the newest hotel in the area (it opened in 2011) and it may not be the one with the best price-service ratio, but I remembered choosing it among the other hotels back then because of good brand reputation and from the look of the photos it seemed to have the best hotel design We had a enjoyable stay there. We stayed there for two nights. It is not the closest hotel from the airport or town but taking a taxi from airport would only take about 20 mins (30 mins if there is a traffic jam) and costed around VND 200. It is convenient to go into town by taxi too.

We were somehow upgraded to a better room on the ground floor with a porch and so basically can walk out the room to reach the pool directly. It has got a pool with the most interesting design, where you can swim from one shallower pool, along 'a passage', to the deeper one. Beach is great with good privacy. Also had an very relaxing spa session there when they were having 50% off promotion. Most of the staff speaks good English. It was a nice getaway from the busy life from my home city. Would love to come back for another holiday, even just hiding in the hotel all day for a couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise C

Dear Denise,
I am so pleased that you chose our resort as your preferred destination while visiting Central Vietnam. Our ground floor rooms with direct access are very popular and I am glad we were able to provide you with these accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Excellent Hotel, friendly and efficient staff. Room was well equipped, very comfortable and quiet. We were offered a honeymoon cake so nice and sweeties upon entered in the room.Our room was upgraded to Regency Suite Room that showed how much you cared about us. Room was so beautiful.

Breakfasts were excellent with a wide choice and opened until 11 am. Staff were friendly and always attentive.

A minor point was that 2 cooks entered into the restaurant to check food items or fill in food with a dirty uniform. I can understand that they may were so busy to cook and forget to check their uniform before entering to the restaurant .However, this point needs to be improved.

All in all we had an excellent stay and the Hotel was a quality experience. I would defintely recommend to my friend to stay in this hotel.

Our room No F231

1  Thank Vanessa651

Dear Vanessa,
Once again, congratulation’s and thank you for choosing our resort for your very special holiday. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies for the uniform cleanliness issue that you have mentioned, I have personally followed up with our Chef’s team regarding this issue. Thank again for you kind review and I hope that you will visit us again soon.